Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
If this game doesnt have a battle royal they will be making the biggest mistake, we live in a gaming world that is all about royals and halo would have one of the most amazing royals with all the weapons and vehicals. I want halo to be back on top like halo 3 days and they wont come close without a royal. I get it halo has a BR but that br joke is funny but all jokes to the side halo needs a battle royal. Like they already pushed the game back so much least they could do is make this royal happen. Even if its a fail just by having a battle royal millions will try the game but i dont see a Halo battle royal failing. Please 343i dont disappoint your fans any more than you already have
I think if they want to put BR in, it should be done through forge maps. I have seen proper BR's in halo 5's forge so BR could be done easily. All it would need is proper matchmaking.
Edit: forgot to add that people would not get annoyed that dev time was put a into br mode since it would just be made in forge. I feel like forge maps with proper matchmaking would be a good balance to both sides .
I pray to RNGesus every night that a battle royale never makes it into Halo.

it’s a change I don’t think the game needs to make. You’re essentially changing the game in its entirety. I know for one I will put up the sticks if this ever happens.

BUT

for the sake of compromise since I know some might say “get with the times old man” if a BR has to be made (which is doesn’t) make it a secondary title and not a main title like Infinite. Call it ODST 2 and have it in New Alexandra. The circle closing is the Covies glassing the joint. You plays as ODSTs and you have to be tactical in your movements. Litter some elites and Brutes to kill.

obviously not lore friendly since ODSTs wouldn’t kill each other but make the game non cannon I guess.
I pray to RNGesus every night that a battle royale never makes it into Halo.

it’s a change I don’t think the game needs to make. You’re essentially changing the game in its entirety. I know for one I will put up the sticks if this ever happens.

BUT

for the sake of compromise since I know some might say “get with the times old man” if a BR has to be made (which is doesn’t) make it a secondary title and not a main title like Infinite. Call it ODST 2 and have it in New Alexandra. The circle closing is the Covies glassing the joint. You plays as ODSTs and you have to be tactical in your movements. Litter some elites and Brutes to kill.

obviously not lore friendly since ODSTs wouldn’t kill each other but make the game non cannon I guess.
Halo doesn't need to change for a BR gamemode, the pieces for a BR have been there since CE. But I still don't want one anyhow ( not dev made at least )
I would prefer 343 steers clear of the BR path. I know that it will attract more fans to the game, but BR games tend to go on and off a lot. While it would drag new people in, it would also upset many long-time fans of the game, and honestly, I see it becoming a laughing stock, like pretty much every BR game I have seen. While BR games are generally successful, they are also widely hated. Besides the risk of hate and disappointment from long-time fans, Infinite is supposed to be a call-back to CE, and a BR would kinda kill the entire mood of it all.
Would be cool. The hard part would be balancing health and shields if you ask me
Halo has chased enough trends. Can we get something truly original for the first time in 10 years?
Trend chasing has done nothing but worsen the gaming ecosystem. It means more time spent over-saturating the market with similar ideas than innovating and creating new ideas. Games which strive to include as many pre-existing mechanics, tropes or systems ultimately end up feeling corporatized, soulless, samey, stale, uninteresting, underwhelming, pandering, uninspired, pointless, etc. People flock to these games en masse because they are there and they are familiar, and they become super successful financially, but they are ultimately the fast food of gaming and contribute nothing of substance in terms of design, innovation or art. Developers are pressured to include features into their games for no other reason than because they are expected to be there, not because it would be a good or smart feature to include in whatever it is they are building. Even worse, they create certain kinds of games because they have no choice if they wish to earn as much money as possible for their publishers.

For existing franchises such as Halo, there is no need for them to stray beyond their established design language and do away with what makes them unique franchises in favor of pleasing modern crowds. New generations may stumble upon Halo through word of mouth and they will learn to love it for what it is in the same way that we did back in the day. Games don't need to be as big as possible to be successful, it's perfectly okay if a game has a smaller number of dedicated players that love it for what it is and, if the game does what it does incredibly well, it will be popular because merit matters.
while I dont care if its in it or not, we shouldn't act like having a BR automatically makes the game popular. BRs are hit or miss and they rarely stick. Id rather stick with nailing the fundemental modes first before throwing in a new one personally
Halo does not need a Battle Royale and 343 have been pretty clear they aren't working on one. The BR market is saturated. There's no point even trying to break into it
MorseyBaby wrote:
Halo does not need a Battle Royale and 343 have been pretty clear they aren't working on one. The BR market is saturated. There's no point even trying to break into it
Said it well enough. Battle Royale games are mostly hot garbage and the market is saturated beyond belief
MorseyBaby wrote:
Said it well enough. Battle Royale games are mostly hot garbage and the market is saturated beyond belief
the former is false, the latter is true
I don't think they will have a Royale mode on release.

But they should add the appropriate tools to Forge so that the customs community can have a bit of a play around.

They can then get a gauge on how, why, or whenever.
They have to release an ODST BR. If they don't they would be borderline ignorant. We don't need it at launch, but a 6 month - 1 year drop would be perfect. If they are making these open world spaces then they should alter some of them to be in a BR mode. I love multiplayer and always will, but a change of pace mode needs to happen. Warzone was fun, but not a highly repeatable mode.
If this game doesnt have a battle royal they will be making the biggest mistake, we live in a gaming world that is all about royals.
I would be ok with a Halo Battle Royale. But that sentence is pure speculation. Halo was never a Battle Royale game, it's a story driven FPS game, and that should be maintained. We also do not live in a gaming world that's all about Battle Royales, that's just your opinion or preference. I've played hundreds of games, but I only play one Battle Royale and that's Warzone, I tried Apex, Fortnite and PUBG, the first two are garbage (my opinion) and PUBG was terrible on console.

343i will not be making the biggest mistake if they don't release Battle Royale, but given Halo's fantastic setting and sand box it will be a missed opportunity if they don't, again my opinion. I would love to see a Halo Battle Royale, I think we'll see one at some point too, but the success of Halo Infinite is not reliant on it's inclusion. I believe a stand alone Battle Royale is the way to go, that way new players come to Halo and the fans against it can simply ignore it. Again, just my opinion.
I think 343 said there's only going to be one BR in the game and it's not a Battle Royale? Hopefully they stick to that, because I don't think Halo needs to chase the battle royale trend. I'd prefer they focus on a good campaign, worthwhile exploration on Zeta Halo and a good multiplayer suite without the distraction of sidelining developers to make a battle royale.
eviltedi wrote:
If this game doesnt have a battle royal they will be making the biggest mistake, we live in a gaming world that is all about royals.
I would be ok with a Halo Battle Royale. But that sentence is pure speculation. Halo was never a Battle Royale game, it's a story driven FPS game, and that should be maintained. We also do not live in a gaming world that's all about Battle Royales, that's just your opinion or preference. I've played hundreds of games, but I only play one Battle Royale and that's Warzone, I tried Apex, Fortnite and PUBG, the first two are garbage (my opinion) and PUBG was terrible on console.

343i will not be making the biggest mistake if they don't release Battle Royale, but given Halo's fantastic setting and sand box it will be a missed opportunity if they don't, again my opinion. I would love to see a Halo Battle Royale, I think we'll see one at some point too, but the success of Halo Infinite is not reliant on it's inclusion. I believe a stand alone Battle Royale is the way to go, that way new players come to Halo and the fans against it can simply ignore it. Again, just my opinion.
Fantastic for us hardcore Halo fans. The casuals disappear a few months after launch for the last 2 games. If Halo Infinite is a long term journey then having Battle Royale will significantly help for player population. More people will stay for ranked, socials, and custom games.
MorseyBaby wrote:
the former is false, the latter is true
Which is the former: my comments or the 'hot garbage' comment?

Danumis wrote:
eviltedi wrote:

Fantastic for us hardcore Halo fans. The casuals disappear a few months after launch for the last 2 games. If Halo Infinite is a long term journey then having Battle Royale will significantly help for player population. More people will stay for ranked, socials, and custom games.
Honestly don't see how a Halo BR will make people play and stay who otherwise wouldn't already. Infinite will be the first mainline Halo game to release on both PC and console simultaneously so we'll get a huge boost to playerbase compared to recent releases.

343 have been pretty clear about Infinite as a content delivery platform and showed plans for retention of players through the MCC season pass (I see MCC as something of a test bed).

Yes BRs dominate the market right now, but where are the arena MPs? Thats where the gap in the market is now and 343 is going to exploit it.

The MP is F2P so you've not got a paywall to worry about, there's no DLC packs - just title update additions - so you've not got DLC splitting pop to worry about.

You are right that there are *some* players who won't play/won't play as regularly without a BR but I honestly don't think it's anywhere near enough to warrant the huge extra development costs a BR would require.

I like the Forge tools idea fine. Halo has always boasted a proud history of community generated content - that's fine by me but avoids the huge commercial risk attached to a BR mode if it doesn't work out.

The time for a Halo BR was with Halo 5. That was when the market opportunity was. We went with Warzone instead
A Halo BR would be cool, but it really does not need one to succeed
If 343 says that the game will last 10 years, they have to contemplate that situation of putting a BR but you have to see how those who say they are fans react
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5