Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
It's not happening. BR will kill Infinite if it goes anywhere near Halo. Let the BR die off already! I'm physically sick of hearing about the mode and had enough of seeing the genre and how it ruins every franchise it touch's. If every game caters to this mediocre game type then creativity goes to die because that's what happens to every game it touch's.

I really wish the admins would just start locking these threads. I'm glad 343i are not doing this mode because I've had enough of those types of games that do this that end up doing the same 1-2 maps being re-used all the time and that end's feeling like lazy development while making any unique game modes support ignored just so some gamers have to put up with some irritating loot box system or mindless battle pass grind. I feel like if 343i tried to force this into Infinite then it will damage the IP.

Plus from a game design point of view I don't see why dev's have to be pandered into rehashing something that's been done to death that could hurt the game in the long term. I have had enough of live services games.

1 more thing if people are that desperate for the mode then take 343i's advice and make it in forge.
How would BR kill Infinite when the Halo games have been getting killed since they took over?
Ok take Fornite for an example...it had 'Save The World' game type and that was pretty fun with a lot of potential then the dev's decided to take the lazy route of focusing on 1 map and dropping all support for their main game mode to cater to a medicore game type that involves rehashing season pass's focused on 'cross-over' events that force the player to play a mindless set of hours in a short time period or pay up.

Most BR games are just made to cater to predatory systems like charging over £100 for a basic texture that anyone could make quickly themselves. Then there's other things like removing Frontlines and Domination in Battlefield and BR has been turning games into awful live service games that can only be played online and that goes against what Halo is about. Everything BR has touched has made the quality of games worse.

Basically Battle Royale is where any creativity goes to die and I really hope 343i never go down that route and rehashing skins all the time to keep the mode alive would be exhausting for people working at 343i.
I feel like you are comparing how different games and studios approached selling the game rather than having the unique experience on top of other choices. Having Halo BR would add extreme value to the brand again and it fits extremely well. It seema like the multiplayer for Infinite will have skins and such already so that might already exist in terms of a cosmetic shop regardless of a BR. It sounds like you just have a thing again Battle Royales which is fine, but I care about the success of Halo, and understand that the brand is dying compared to other franchises. I don't understand how having a BR in anyway doesn't extremely help. It sounds like you just hate EA, Epic Games, and Activision's business practices and kinda ignore they have a lot of hands in that pot disregarding players.
I'm talking about the fact every game that has had it has made every single game worse. Nothing good can come from adding BR to Halo Infinite or any other game. No adding BR would lead to content removed and predatory systems would be put in place...it happens every time and it's why I straight up hate Battle Royale. As for skins...too early to tell how Infinite 'skins' will work and even then not everyone wanted Infinite becoming a F2P game. Halo is doing fine and it shouldn't sacrifice it's values to a game mode that is catered to greed and shady business strategy that I frequently see in BR games. Big games like EA, etc... are not the only one's doing it and I'm tired of what the mode is doing to the industry. I'm glad 343i are taking a chance on this and giving players the choice to make their own BR mode instead of using the mode for predatory reasons. I don't want Halo content diluted just so gamers can get regular free content while forcing dev's to work ridiculous hours to rush out timed exclusive skins while forcing players into mindless grinds to unlock content or be forced to pay if they don't get it fast enough. I've just had enough of everything involved with BR and the strings attached to it.
I'm talking about AFTER the game launches. Halo has different teams working on different aspects of the game so I am not sure how that will impact the Campaign devlopment anyways. Call of Duty is impacted because of their quick release cycle.

How is Halo doing fine? Please elaborate because the numbers show SIGNIFICANTLY otherwise. Regardless that is complacency.

You are basing all of this as if the campaign team works on multiplayer which is mostly false outside of map design influence. Studios have multiple teams and Microsoft would love to spend the cash to make Halo the top FPS once again which results in having more teams.
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
It's not happening. BR will kill Infinite if it goes anywhere near Halo. Let the BR die off already! I'm physically sick of hearing about the mode and had enough of seeing the genre and how it ruins every franchise it touch's. If every game caters to this mediocre game type then creativity goes to die because that's what happens to every game it touch's.

I really wish the admins would just start locking these threads. I'm glad 343i are not doing this mode because I've had enough of those types of games that do this that end up doing the same 1-2 maps being re-used all the time and that end's feeling like lazy development while making any unique game modes support ignored just so some gamers have to put up with some irritating loot box system or mindless battle pass grind. I feel like if 343i tried to force this into Infinite then it will damage the IP.

Plus from a game design point of view I don't see why dev's have to be pandered into rehashing something that's been done to death that could hurt the game in the long term. I have had enough of live services games.

1 more thing if people are that desperate for the mode then take 343i's advice and make it in forge.
How would BR kill Infinite when the Halo games have been getting killed since they took over?
Ok take Fornite for an example...it had 'Save The World' game type and that was pretty fun with a lot of potential then the dev's decided to take the lazy route of focusing on 1 map and dropping all support for their main game mode to cater to a medicore game type that involves rehashing season pass's focused on 'cross-over' events that force the player to play a mindless set of hours in a short time period or pay up.

Most BR games are just made to cater to predatory systems like charging over £100 for a basic texture that anyone could make quickly themselves. Then there's other things like removing Frontlines and Domination in Battlefield and BR has been turning games into awful live service games that can only be played online and that goes against what Halo is about. Everything BR has touched has made the quality of games worse.

Basically Battle Royale is where any creativity goes to die and I really hope 343i never go down that route and rehashing skins all the time to keep the mode alive would be exhausting for people working at 343i.
I'm talking about AFTER the game launches. Halo has different teams working on different aspects of the game so I am not sure how that will impact the Campaign devlopment anyways. Call of Duty is impacted because of their quick release cycle.

How is Halo doing fine? Please elaborate because the numbers show SIGNIFICANTLY otherwise. Regardless that is complacency.

You are basing all of this as if the campaign team works on multiplayer which is mostly false outside of map design influence. Studios have multiple teams and Microsoft would love to spend the cash to make Halo the top FPS once again which results in having more teams.
Whether it's before or after a launch...BR always makes overall games worse.

I said Halo is doing fine...that does not mean it's doing the best or worst. You're assumptions are your own.

I'm basing this on every game I've ever enjoyed that has been destroyed by this game type. Nothing good can come through BR and there are days where I despise BR because of what it has done to the industry. I can't think of a single game where adding BR hasn't ended up making the overall game worse.
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
It's not happening. BR will kill Infinite if it goes anywhere near Halo. Let the BR die off already! I'm physically sick of hearing about the mode and had enough of seeing the genre and how it ruins every franchise it touch's. If every game caters to this mediocre game type then creativity goes to die because that's what happens to every game it touch's.

I really wish the admins would just start locking these threads. I'm glad 343i are not doing this mode because I've had enough of those types of games that do this that end up doing the same 1-2 maps being re-used all the time and that end's feeling like lazy development while making any unique game modes support ignored just so some gamers have to put up with some irritating loot box system or mindless battle pass grind. I feel like if 343i tried to force this into Infinite then it will damage the IP.

Plus from a game design point of view I don't see why dev's have to be pandered into rehashing something that's been done to death that could hurt the game in the long term. I have had enough of live services games.

1 more thing if people are that desperate for the mode then take 343i's advice and make it in forge.
How would BR kill Infinite when the Halo games have been getting killed since they took over?
Ok take Fornite for an example...it had 'Save The World' game type and that was pretty fun with a lot of potential then the dev's decided to take the lazy route of focusing on 1 map and dropping all support for their main game mode to cater to a medicore game type that involves rehashing season pass's focused on 'cross-over' events that force the player to play a mindless set of hours in a short time period or pay up.

Most BR games are just made to cater to predatory systems like charging over £100 for a basic texture that anyone could make quickly themselves. Then there's other things like removing Frontlines and Domination in Battlefield and BR has been turning games into awful live service games that can only be played online and that goes against what Halo is about. Everything BR has touched has made the quality of games worse.

Basically Battle Royale is where any creativity goes to die and I really hope 343i never go down that route and rehashing skins all the time to keep the mode alive would be exhausting for people working at 343i.
I'm talking about AFTER the game launches. Halo has different teams working on different aspects of the game so I am not sure how that will impact the Campaign devlopment anyways. Call of Duty is impacted because of their quick release cycle.

How is Halo doing fine? Please elaborate because the numbers show SIGNIFICANTLY otherwise. Regardless that is complacency.

You are basing all of this as if the campaign team works on multiplayer which is mostly false outside of map design influence. Studios have multiple teams and Microsoft would love to spend the cash to make Halo the top FPS once again which results in having more teams.
Whether it's before or after a launch...BR always makes overall games worse.

I said Halo is doing fine...that does not mean it's doing the best or worst. You're assumptions are your own.

I'm basing this on every game I've ever enjoyed that has been destroyed by this game type. Nothing good can come through BR and there are days where I despise BR because of what it has done to the industry. I can't think of a single game where adding BR hasn't ended up making the overall game worse.
So one can't exist? You're using confirmation bias to come to your conclusions. Halo has an iterative story as it's campaign which is unlike any other game that has BR. I understand you have worries, but arena isn't going away from Halo just because Battle Royale exists.

I don't want Halo to launch and 6 months later the population severely drops AGAIN for the 3rd time in a row. Microsoft isn't going to keep finding a franchise forever if it keeps having it's player base decrease. Battle Royale will add a lot of people who never played Halo and add them into it's community.
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
It's not happening. BR will kill Infinite if it goes anywhere near Halo. Let the BR die off already! I'm physically sick of hearing about the mode and had enough of seeing the genre and how it ruins every franchise it touch's. If every game caters to this mediocre game type then creativity goes to die because that's what happens to every game it touch's.

I really wish the admins would just start locking these threads. I'm glad 343i are not doing this mode because I've had enough of those types of games that do this that end up doing the same 1-2 maps being re-used all the time and that end's feeling like lazy development while making any unique game modes support ignored just so some gamers have to put up with some irritating loot box system or mindless battle pass grind. I feel like if 343i tried to force this into Infinite then it will damage the IP.

Plus from a game design point of view I don't see why dev's have to be pandered into rehashing something that's been done to death that could hurt the game in the long term. I have had enough of live services games.

1 more thing if people are that desperate for the mode then take 343i's advice and make it in forge.
How would BR kill Infinite when the Halo games have been getting killed since they took over?
Ok take Fornite for an example...it had 'Save The World' game type and that was pretty fun with a lot of potential then the dev's decided to take the lazy route of focusing on 1 map and dropping all support for their main game mode to cater to a medicore game type that involves rehashing season pass's focused on 'cross-over' events that force the player to play a mindless set of hours in a short time period or pay up.

Most BR games are just made to cater to predatory systems like charging over £100 for a basic texture that anyone could make quickly themselves. Then there's other things like removing Frontlines and Domination in Battlefield and BR has been turning games into awful live service games that can only be played online and that goes against what Halo is about. Everything BR has touched has made the quality of games worse.

Basically Battle Royale is where any creativity goes to die and I really hope 343i never go down that route and rehashing skins all the time to keep the mode alive would be exhausting for people working at 343i.
I'm talking about AFTER the game launches. Halo has different teams working on different aspects of the game so I am not sure how that will impact the Campaign devlopment anyways. Call of Duty is impacted because of their quick release cycle.

How is Halo doing fine? Please elaborate because the numbers show SIGNIFICANTLY otherwise. Regardless that is complacency.

You are basing all of this as if the campaign team works on multiplayer which is mostly false outside of map design influence. Studios have multiple teams and Microsoft would love to spend the cash to make Halo the top FPS once again which results in having more teams.
Whether it's before or after a launch...BR always makes overall games worse.

I said Halo is doing fine...that does not mean it's doing the best or worst. You're assumptions are your own.

I'm basing this on every game I've ever enjoyed that has been destroyed by this game type. Nothing good can come through BR and there are days where I despise BR because of what it has done to the industry. I can't think of a single game where adding BR hasn't ended up making the overall game worse.
So one can't exist? You're using confirmation bias to come to your conclusions. Halo has an iterative story as it's campaign which is unlike any other game that has BR. I understand you have worries, but arena isn't going away from Halo just because Battle Royale exists.

I don't want Halo to launch and 6 months later the population severely drops AGAIN for the 3rd time in a row. Microsoft isn't going to keep finding a franchise forever if it keeps having it's player base decrease. Battle Royale will add a lot of people who never played Halo and add them into it's community.
You're the only one trying to bring up campaign story. That has nothing to do with the topic. Also of course arena is safe because thankfully BR is not coming to Infinite.

To be blunt if BR did come out for Infinite...6 months later I'm sure the population would drop and my interest in Halo online multiplayer would drop. I have had my disagreements before with how 343i handled Halo 4/5 but there has to be a point where I have to say enough is enough. All forcing this mediocre mode will do is alienate long existing fans just to cater to some casual gamers that don't care about the IP also BR does not magically mean that every BR is a success.
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
It's not happening. BR will kill Infinite if it goes anywhere near Halo. Let the BR die off already! I'm physically sick of hearing about the mode and had enough of seeing the genre and how it ruins every franchise it touch's. If every game caters to this mediocre game type then creativity goes to die because that's what happens to every game it touch's.

I really wish the admins would just start locking these threads. I'm glad 343i are not doing this mode because I've had enough of those types of games that do this that end up doing the same 1-2 maps being re-used all the time and that end's feeling like lazy development while making any unique game modes support ignored just so some gamers have to put up with some irritating loot box system or mindless battle pass grind. I feel like if 343i tried to force this into Infinite then it will damage the IP.

Plus from a game design point of view I don't see why dev's have to be pandered into rehashing something that's been done to death that could hurt the game in the long term. I have had enough of live services games.

1 more thing if people are that desperate for the mode then take 343i's advice and make it in forge.
How would BR kill Infinite when the Halo games have been getting killed since they took over?
Ok take Fornite for an example...it had 'Save The World' game type and that was pretty fun with a lot of potential then the dev's decided to take the lazy route of focusing on 1 map and dropping all support for their main game mode to cater to a medicore game type that involves rehashing season pass's focused on 'cross-over' events that force the player to play a mindless set of hours in a short time period or pay up.

Most BR games are just made to cater to predatory systems like charging over £100 for a basic texture that anyone could make quickly themselves. Then there's other things like removing Frontlines and Domination in Battlefield and BR has been turning games into awful live service games that can only be played online and that goes against what Halo is about. Everything BR has touched has made the quality of games worse.

Basically Battle Royale is where any creativity goes to die and I really hope 343i never go down that route and rehashing skins all the time to keep the mode alive would be exhausting for people working at 343i.
I'm talking about AFTER the game launches. Halo has different teams working on different aspects of the game so I am not sure how that will impact the Campaign devlopment anyways. Call of Duty is impacted because of their quick release cycle.

How is Halo doing fine? Please elaborate because the numbers show SIGNIFICANTLY otherwise. Regardless that is complacency.

You are basing all of this as if the campaign team works on multiplayer which is mostly false outside of map design influence. Studios have multiple teams and Microsoft would love to spend the cash to make Halo the top FPS once again which results in having more teams.
Whether it's before or after a launch...BR always makes overall games worse.

I said Halo is doing fine...that does not mean it's doing the best or worst. You're assumptions are your own.

I'm basing this on every game I've ever enjoyed that has been destroyed by this game type. Nothing good can come through BR and there are days where I despise BR because of what it has done to the industry. I can't think of a single game where adding BR hasn't ended up making the overall game worse.
So one can't exist? You're using confirmation bias to come to your conclusions. Halo has an iterative story as it's campaign which is unlike any other game that has BR. I understand you have worries, but arena isn't going away from Halo just because Battle Royale exists.

I don't want Halo to launch and 6 months later the population severely drops AGAIN for the 3rd time in a row. Microsoft isn't going to keep finding a franchise forever if it keeps having it's player base decrease. Battle Royale will add a lot of people who never played Halo and add them into it's community.
You're the only one trying to bring up campaign story. That has nothing to do with the topic. Also of course arena is safe because thankfully BR is not coming to Infinite.

To be blunt if BR did come out for Infinite...6 months later I'm sure the population would drop and my interest in Halo online multiplayer would drop. I have had my disagreements before with how 343i handled Halo 4/5 but there has to be a point where I have to say enough is enough. All forcing this mediocre mode will do is alienate long existing fans just to cater to some casual gamers that don't care about the IP also BR does not magically mean that every BR is a success.
How will it alienate long term fans? I literally have played Halo since 2003 and want this along with almost all of my friends I grew up with. You are assuming the mode would be mediocre so you have doubt of the skill of the team in general. You state casuals like a bad thing, but for get casuals are the majority and made Halo to begin with. Not sure how someone does not want more options when coming to a Franchise they love. What happens if Halo Infinite literally hits on everything, and falls flat on numbers? Halo 5 multiplayer was exceptional yet the population died quickly. It seems like you don't care about that.
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
It's not happening. BR will kill Infinite if it goes anywhere near Halo. Let the BR die off already! I'm physically sick of hearing about the mode and had enough of seeing the genre and how it ruins every franchise it touch's. If every game caters to this mediocre game type then creativity goes to die because that's what happens to every game it touch's.

I really wish the admins would just start locking these threads. I'm glad 343i are not doing this mode because I've had enough of those types of games that do this that end up doing the same 1-2 maps being re-used all the time and that end's feeling like lazy development while making any unique game modes support ignored just so some gamers have to put up with some irritating loot box system or mindless battle pass grind. I feel like if 343i tried to force this into Infinite then it will damage the IP.

Plus from a game design point of view I don't see why dev's have to be pandered into rehashing something that's been done to death that could hurt the game in the long term. I have had enough of live services games.

1 more thing if people are that desperate for the mode then take 343i's advice and make it in forge.
How would BR kill Infinite when the Halo games have been getting killed since they took over?
Ok take Fornite for an example...it had 'Save The World' game type and that was pretty fun with a lot of potential then the dev's decided to take the lazy route of focusing on 1 map and dropping all support for their main game mode to cater to a medicore game type that involves rehashing season pass's focused on 'cross-over' events that force the player to play a mindless set of hours in a short time period or pay up.

Most BR games are just made to cater to predatory systems like charging over £100 for a basic texture that anyone could make quickly themselves. Then there's other things like removing Frontlines and Domination in Battlefield and BR has been turning games into awful live service games that can only be played online and that goes against what Halo is about. Everything BR has touched has made the quality of games worse.

Basically Battle Royale is where any creativity goes to die and I really hope 343i never go down that route and rehashing skins all the time to keep the mode alive would be exhausting for people working at 343i.
I'm talking about AFTER the game launches. Halo has different teams working on different aspects of the game so I am not sure how that will impact the Campaign devlopment anyways. Call of Duty is impacted because of their quick release cycle.

How is Halo doing fine? Please elaborate because the numbers show SIGNIFICANTLY otherwise. Regardless that is complacency.

You are basing all of this as if the campaign team works on multiplayer which is mostly false outside of map design influence. Studios have multiple teams and Microsoft would love to spend the cash to make Halo the top FPS once again which results in having more teams.
Whether it's before or after a launch...BR always makes overall games worse.

I said Halo is doing fine...that does not mean it's doing the best or worst. You're assumptions are your own.

I'm basing this on every game I've ever enjoyed that has been destroyed by this game type. Nothing good can come through BR and there are days where I despise BR because of what it has done to the industry. I can't think of a single game where adding BR hasn't ended up making the overall game worse.
So one can't exist? You're using confirmation bias to come to your conclusions. Halo has an iterative story as it's campaign which is unlike any other game that has BR. I understand you have worries, but arena isn't going away from Halo just because Battle Royale exists.

I don't want Halo to launch and 6 months later the population severely drops AGAIN for the 3rd time in a row. Microsoft isn't going to keep finding a franchise forever if it keeps having it's player base decrease. Battle Royale will add a lot of people who never played Halo and add them into it's community.
You're the only one trying to bring up campaign story. That has nothing to do with the topic. Also of course arena is safe because thankfully BR is not coming to Infinite.

To be blunt if BR did come out for Infinite...6 months later I'm sure the population would drop and my interest in Halo online multiplayer would drop. I have had my disagreements before with how 343i handled Halo 4/5 but there has to be a point where I have to say enough is enough. All forcing this mediocre mode will do is alienate long existing fans just to cater to some casual gamers that don't care about the IP also BR does not magically mean that every BR is a success.
How will it alienate long term fans? I literally have played Halo since 2003 and want this along with almost all of my friends I grew up with. You are assuming the mode would be mediocre so you have doubt of the skill of the team in general. You state casuals like a bad thing, but for get casuals are the majority and made Halo to begin with. Not sure how someone does not want more options when coming to a Franchise they love. What happens if Halo Infinite literally hits on everything, and falls flat on numbers? Halo 5 multiplayer was exceptional yet the population died quickly. It seems like you don't care about that.
Let's see......removing a majority of content to focus on 1 game mode and then being stuck with it for '10 year plan'....that's what just about every game that focuses on BR does. I have faith in designers...the problem is you're asking for a game mode that contradicts against what you're claiming it will do. Casual fans are not the same as long term fans and this has nothing to do with casual vs pro gamers. In this case I'm referring to casual gamers that frequently jump games with no loyalty to the game after a couple of months and are unlikely to return.

More options? have you listened to anything that's been said? I've said repeatedly that BR genre has lead to cut content to cater to 1 mode in many games and it happens often. You're basically asking for a game that would lead to less content...not more. As for Halo 5 I'd have to strongly disagree since I see Halo 5's campaign/multiplayer as the worst in the series and you're trying to make it sound like a majority liked Halo 5 despite 4/5 being the decline in the series. I'm max rank in both 4/5 and yet I still dislike 4/5. I'm at a point where I've had enough of just accepting things are they are.
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
It's not happening. BR will kill Infinite if it goes anywhere near Halo. Let the BR die off already! I'm physically sick of hearing about the mode and had enough of seeing the genre and how it ruins every franchise it touch's. If every game caters to this mediocre game type then creativity goes to die because that's what happens to every game it touch's.

I really wish the admins would just start locking these threads. I'm glad 343i are not doing this mode because I've had enough of those types of games that do this that end up doing the same 1-2 maps being re-used all the time and that end's feeling like lazy development while making any unique game modes support ignored just so some gamers have to put up with some irritating loot box system or mindless battle pass grind. I feel like if 343i tried to force this into Infinite then it will damage the IP.

Plus from a game design point of view I don't see why dev's have to be pandered into rehashing something that's been done to death that could hurt the game in the long term. I have had enough of live services games.

1 more thing if people are that desperate for the mode then take 343i's advice and make it in forge.
How would BR kill Infinite when the Halo games have been getting killed since they took over?
Ok take Fornite for an example...it had 'Save The World' game type and that was pretty fun with a lot of potential then the dev's decided to take the lazy route of focusing on 1 map and dropping all support for their main game mode to cater to a medicore game type that involves rehashing season pass's focused on 'cross-over' events that force the player to play a mindless set of hours in a short time period or pay up.

Most BR games are just made to cater to predatory systems like charging over £100 for a basic texture that anyone could make quickly themselves. Then there's other things like removing Frontlines and Domination in Battlefield and BR has been turning games into awful live service games that can only be played online and that goes against what Halo is about. Everything BR has touched has made the quality of games worse.

Basically Battle Royale is where any creativity goes to die and I really hope 343i never go down that route and rehashing skins all the time to keep the mode alive would be exhausting for people working at 343i.
I'm talking about AFTER the game launches. Halo has different teams working on different aspects of the game so I am not sure how that will impact the Campaign devlopment anyways. Call of Duty is impacted because of their quick release cycle.

How is Halo doing fine? Please elaborate because the numbers show SIGNIFICANTLY otherwise. Regardless that is complacency.

You are basing all of this as if the campaign team works on multiplayer which is mostly false outside of map design influence. Studios have multiple teams and Microsoft would love to spend the cash to make Halo the top FPS once again which results in having more teams.
Whether it's before or after a launch...BR always makes overall games worse.

I said Halo is doing fine...that does not mean it's doing the best or worst. You're assumptions are your own.

I'm basing this on every game I've ever enjoyed that has been destroyed by this game type. Nothing good can come through BR and there are days where I despise BR because of what it has done to the industry. I can't think of a single game where adding BR hasn't ended up making the overall game worse.
So one can't exist? You're using confirmation bias to come to your conclusions. Halo has an iterative story as it's campaign which is unlike any other game that has BR. I understand you have worries, but arena isn't going away from Halo just because Battle Royale exists.

I don't want Halo to launch and 6 months later the population severely drops AGAIN for the 3rd time in a row. Microsoft isn't going to keep finding a franchise forever if it keeps having it's player base decrease. Battle Royale will add a lot of people who never played Halo and add them into it's community.
You're the only one trying to bring up campaign story. That has nothing to do with the topic. Also of course arena is safe because thankfully BR is not coming to Infinite.

To be blunt if BR did come out for Infinite...6 months later I'm sure the population would drop and my interest in Halo online multiplayer would drop. I have had my disagreements before with how 343i handled Halo 4/5 but there has to be a point where I have to say enough is enough. All forcing this mediocre mode will do is alienate long existing fans just to cater to some casual gamers that don't care about the IP also BR does not magically mean that every BR is a success.
How will it alienate long term fans? I literally have played Halo since 2003 and want this along with almost all of my friends I grew up with. You are assuming the mode would be mediocre so you have doubt of the skill of the team in general. You state casuals like a bad thing, but for get casuals are the majority and made Halo to begin with. Not sure how someone does not want more options when coming to a Franchise they love. What happens if Halo Infinite literally hits on everything, and falls flat on numbers? Halo 5 multiplayer was exceptional yet the population died quickly. It seems like you don't care about that.
Let's see......removing a majority of content to focus on 1 game mode and then being stuck with it for '10 year plan'....that's what just about every game that focuses on BR does. I have faith in designers...the problem is you're asking for a game mode that contradicts against what you're claiming it will do. Casual fans are not the same as long term fans and this has nothing to do with casual vs pro gamers. In this case I'm referring to casual gamers that frequently jump games with no loyalty to the game after a couple of months and are unlikely to return.

More options? have you listened to anything that's been said? I've said repeatedly that BR genre has lead to cut content to cater to 1 mode in many games and it happens often. You're basically asking for a game that would lead to less content...not more. As for Halo 5 I'd have to strongly disagree since I see Halo 5's campaign/multiplayer as the worst in the series and you're trying to make it sound like a majority liked Halo 5 despite 4/5 being the decline in the series. I'm max rank in both 4/5 and yet I still dislike 4/5. I'm at a point where I've had enough of just accepting things are they are.
Remove content? You so know studios can have multiple teams to focus on specific content right? Your argument is based on the thinking other content would suffer when that could not be true even in the slightest of ways.

I do not accept things where they are because if Halo Infinite flops then the franchise might actually die. If you build a strong foundation and then try things in the long life cycle of the game (which has be stated) you can take risks.
If this game has a Battle Royale, they will make the biggest mistake ever. Battle Royale sucks and Halo certainly doesn't need one.
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
It's not happening. BR will kill Infinite if it goes anywhere near Halo. Let the BR die off already! I'm physically sick of hearing about the mode and had enough of seeing the genre and how it ruins every franchise it touch's. If every game caters to this mediocre game type then creativity goes to die because that's what happens to every game it touch's.

I really wish the admins would just start locking these threads. I'm glad 343i are not doing this mode because I've had enough of those types of games that do this that end up doing the same 1-2 maps being re-used all the time and that end's feeling like lazy development while making any unique game modes support ignored just so some gamers have to put up with some irritating loot box system or mindless battle pass grind. I feel like if 343i tried to force this into Infinite then it will damage the IP.

Plus from a game design point of view I don't see why dev's have to be pandered into rehashing something that's been done to death that could hurt the game in the long term. I have had enough of live services games.

1 more thing if people are that desperate for the mode then take 343i's advice and make it in forge.
How would BR kill Infinite when the Halo games have been getting killed since they took over?
Ok take Fornite for an example...it had 'Save The World' game type and that was pretty fun with a lot of potential then the dev's decided to take the lazy route of focusing on 1 map and dropping all support for their main game mode to cater to a medicore game type that involves rehashing season pass's focused on 'cross-over' events that force the player to play a mindless set of hours in a short time period or pay up.

Most BR games are just made to cater to predatory systems like charging over £100 for a basic texture that anyone could make quickly themselves. Then there's other things like removing Frontlines and Domination in Battlefield and BR has been turning games into awful live service games that can only be played online and that goes against what Halo is about. Everything BR has touched has made the quality of games worse.

Basically Battle Royale is where any creativity goes to die and I really hope 343i never go down that route and rehashing skins all the time to keep the mode alive would be exhausting for people working at 343i.
I'm talking about AFTER the game launches. Halo has different teams working on different aspects of the game so I am not sure how that will impact the Campaign devlopment anyways. Call of Duty is impacted because of their quick release cycle.

How is Halo doing fine? Please elaborate because the numbers show SIGNIFICANTLY otherwise. Regardless that is complacency.

You are basing all of this as if the campaign team works on multiplayer which is mostly false outside of map design influence. Studios have multiple teams and Microsoft would love to spend the cash to make Halo the top FPS once again which results in having more teams.
Whether it's before or after a launch...BR always makes overall games worse.

I said Halo is doing fine...that does not mean it's doing the best or worst. You're assumptions are your own.

I'm basing this on every game I've ever enjoyed that has been destroyed by this game type. Nothing good can come through BR and there are days where I despise BR because of what it has done to the industry. I can't think of a single game where adding BR hasn't ended up making the overall game worse.
So one can't exist? You're using confirmation bias to come to your conclusions. Halo has an iterative story as it's campaign which is unlike any other game that has BR. I understand you have worries, but arena isn't going away from Halo just because Battle Royale exists.

I don't want Halo to launch and 6 months later the population severely drops AGAIN for the 3rd time in a row. Microsoft isn't going to keep finding a franchise forever if it keeps having it's player base decrease. Battle Royale will add a lot of people who never played Halo and add them into it's community.
You're the only one trying to bring up campaign story. That has nothing to do with the topic. Also of course arena is safe because thankfully BR is not coming to Infinite.

To be blunt if BR did come out for Infinite...6 months later I'm sure the population would drop and my interest in Halo online multiplayer would drop. I have had my disagreements before with how 343i handled Halo 4/5 but there has to be a point where I have to say enough is enough. All forcing this mediocre mode will do is alienate long existing fans just to cater to some casual gamers that don't care about the IP also BR does not magically mean that every BR is a success.
Remove content? You so know studios can have multiple teams to focus on specific content right? Your argument is based on the thinking other content would suffer when that could not be true even on the slightest.

I do not accept things where they are because if Halo Infinite flops then the franchise might actually die. If you build a strong foundation and then try things in the long life cycle of the game (which has be stated) you can take risks.
Multiply teams have other stuff to do...not every team needs to be focused on making endless skins to keep an awful BR mode afloat and that would be poor management also that job would get boring fast. I'd rather multiply teams focus on new original content instead of rehashing a type of genre that needs to die off already. Content would suffer...like I have said I've seen it in every game that has had this awful mode forced in. It's pretty obvious you're trying to convince me that everything will somehow be 'fine'...so far you haven't convinced me of anything.

People have been claiming Halo is going to die since Reach came out....it's still here. Forcing an awful mode that is designed around predatory systems is not a good way to gain trust or long term foundation for Halo. This is why I'm glad it is not coming to Infinite and like 343i said you can make the mode in Forge so 343i don't have to waste their time on the mode.
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
It's not happening. BR will kill Infinite if it goes anywhere near Halo. Let the BR die off already! I'm physically sick of hearing about the mode and had enough of seeing the genre and how it ruins every franchise it touch's. If every game caters to this mediocre game type then creativity goes to die because that's what happens to every game it touch's.

I really wish the admins would just start locking these threads. I'm glad 343i are not doing this mode because I've had enough of those types of games that do this that end up doing the same 1-2 maps being re-used all the time and that end's feeling like lazy development while making any unique game modes support ignored just so some gamers have to put up with some irritating loot box system or mindless battle pass grind. I feel like if 343i tried to force this into Infinite then it will damage the IP.

Plus from a game design point of view I don't see why dev's have to be pandered into rehashing something that's been done to death that could hurt the game in the long term. I have had enough of live services games.

1 more thing if people are that desperate for the mode then take 343i's advice and make it in forge.
How would BR kill Infinite when the Halo games have been getting killed since they took over?
Ok take Fornite for an example...it had 'Save The World' game type and that was pretty fun with a lot of potential then the dev's decided to take the lazy route of focusing on 1 map and dropping all support for their main game mode to cater to a medicore game type that involves rehashing season pass's focused on 'cross-over' events that force the player to play a mindless set of hours in a short time period or pay up.

Most BR games are just made to cater to predatory systems like charging over £100 for a basic texture that anyone could make quickly themselves. Then there's other things like removing Frontlines and Domination in Battlefield and BR has been turning games into awful live service games that can only be played online and that goes against what Halo is about. Everything BR has touched has made the quality of games worse.

Basically Battle Royale is where any creativity goes to die and I really hope 343i never go down that route and rehashing skins all the time to keep the mode alive would be exhausting for people working at 343i.
I'm talking about AFTER the game launches. Halo has different teams working on different aspects of the game so I am not sure how that will impact the Campaign devlopment anyways. Call of Duty is impacted because of their quick release cycle.

How is Halo doing fine? Please elaborate because the numbers show SIGNIFICANTLY otherwise. Regardless that is complacency.

You are basing all of this as if the campaign team works on multiplayer which is mostly false outside of map design influence. Studios have multiple teams and Microsoft would love to spend the cash to make Halo the top FPS once again which results in having more teams.
Whether it's before or after a launch...BR always makes overall games worse.

I said Halo is doing fine...that does not mean it's doing the best or worst. You're assumptions are your own.

I'm basing this on every game I've ever enjoyed that has been destroyed by this game type. Nothing good can come through BR and there are days where I despise BR because of what it has done to the industry. I can't think of a single game where adding BR hasn't ended up making the overall game worse.
So one can't exist? You're using confirmation bias to come to your conclusions. Halo has an iterative story as it's campaign which is unlike any other game that has BR. I understand you have worries, but arena isn't going away from Halo just because Battle Royale exists.

I don't want Halo to launch and 6 months later the population severely drops AGAIN for the 3rd time in a row. Microsoft isn't going to keep finding a franchise forever if it keeps having it's player base decrease. Battle Royale will add a lot of people who never played Halo and add them into it's community.
You're the only one trying to bring up campaign story. That has nothing to do with the topic. Also of course arena is safe because thankfully BR is not coming to Infinite.

To be blunt if BR did come out for Infinite...6 months later I'm sure the population would drop and my interest in Halo online multiplayer would drop. I have had my disagreements before with how 343i handled Halo 4/5 but there has to be a point where I have to say enough is enough. All forcing this mediocre mode will do is alienate long existing fans just to cater to some casual gamers that don't care about the IP also BR does not magically mean that every BR is a success.
Remove content? You so know studios can have multiple teams to focus on specific content right? Your argument is based on the thinking other content would suffer when that could not be true even on the slightest.

I do not accept things where they are because if Halo Infinite flops then the franchise might actually die. If you build a strong foundation and then try things in the long life cycle of the game (which has be stated) you can take risks.
Multiply teams have other stuff to do...not every team needs to be focused on making endless skins to keep an awful BR mode afloat and that would be poor management also that job would get boring fast. I'd rather multiply teams focus on new original content instead of rehashing a type of genre that needs to die off already. Content would suffer...like I have said I've seen it in every game that has had this awful mode forced in. It's pretty obvious you're trying to convince me that everything will somehow be 'fine'...so far you haven't convinced me of anything.

People have been claiming Halo is going to die since Reach came out....it's still here. Forcing an awful mode that is designed around predatory systems is not a good way to gain trust or long term foundation for Halo. This is why I'm glad it is not coming to Infinite and like 343i said you can make the mode in Forge so 343i don't have to waste their time on the mode.
Again, they can hire more teams. Halo has actually been dying in terms of numbers. Again you assume this mode has predatory systems. 343i isn't EA or Activision.

This conversation has come to an impasse. You make assumptions like they will always be reality and use confirmation bias to double down on your opinions.

Have a good day.
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
It's not happening. BR will kill Infinite if it goes anywhere near Halo. Let the BR die off already! I'm physically sick of hearing about the mode and had enough of seeing the genre and how it ruins every franchise it touch's. If every game caters to this mediocre game type then creativity goes to die because that's what happens to every game it touch's.

I really wish the admins would just start locking these threads. I'm glad 343i are not doing this mode because I've had enough of those types of games that do this that end up doing the same 1-2 maps being re-used all the time and that end's feeling like lazy development while making any unique game modes support ignored just so some gamers have to put up with some irritating loot box system or mindless battle pass grind. I feel like if 343i tried to force this into Infinite then it will damage the IP.

Plus from a game design point of view I don't see why dev's have to be pandered into rehashing something that's been done to death that could hurt the game in the long term. I have had enough of live services games.

1 more thing if people are that desperate for the mode then take 343i's advice and make it in forge.
How would BR kill Infinite when the Halo games have been getting killed since they took over?
Ok take Fornite for an example...it had 'Save The World' game type and that was pretty fun with a lot of potential then the dev's decided to take the lazy route of focusing on 1 map and dropping all support for their main game mode to cater to a medicore game type that involves rehashing season pass's focused on 'cross-over' events that force the player to play a mindless set of hours in a short time period or pay up.

Most BR games are just made to cater to predatory systems like charging over £100 for a basic texture that anyone could make quickly themselves. Then there's other things like removing Frontlines and Domination in Battlefield and BR has been turning games into awful live service games that can only be played online and that goes against what Halo is about. Everything BR has touched has made the quality of games worse.

Basically Battle Royale is where any creativity goes to die and I really hope 343i never go down that route and rehashing skins all the time to keep the mode alive would be exhausting for people working at 343i.
I'm talking about AFTER the game launches. Halo has different teams working on different aspects of the game so I am not sure how that will impact the Campaign devlopment anyways. Call of Duty is impacted because of their quick release cycle.

How is Halo doing fine? Please elaborate because the numbers show SIGNIFICANTLY otherwise. Regardless that is complacency.

You are basing all of this as if the campaign team works on multiplayer which is mostly false outside of map design influence. Studios have multiple teams and Microsoft would love to spend the cash to make Halo the top FPS once again which results in having more teams.
Whether it's before or after a launch...BR always makes overall games worse.

I said Halo is doing fine...that does not mean it's doing the best or worst. You're assumptions are your own.

I'm basing this on every game I've ever enjoyed that has been destroyed by this game type. Nothing good can come through BR and there are days where I despise BR because of what it has done to the industry. I can't think of a single game where adding BR hasn't ended up making the overall game worse.
So one can't exist? You're using confirmation bias to come to your conclusions. Halo has an iterative story as it's campaign which is unlike any other game that has BR. I understand you have worries, but arena isn't going away from Halo just because Battle Royale exists.

I don't want Halo to launch and 6 months later the population severely drops AGAIN for the 3rd time in a row. Microsoft isn't going to keep finding a franchise forever if it keeps having it's player base decrease. Battle Royale will add a lot of people who never played Halo and add them into it's community.
You're the only one trying to bring up campaign story. That has nothing to do with the topic. Also of course arena is safe because thankfully BR is not coming to Infinite.

To be blunt if BR did come out for Infinite...6 months later I'm sure the population would drop and my interest in Halo online multiplayer would drop. I have had my disagreements before with how 343i handled Halo 4/5 but there has to be a point where I have to say enough is enough. All forcing this mediocre mode will do is alienate long existing fans just to cater to some casual gamers that don't care about the IP also BR does not magically mean that every BR is a success.
Remove content? You so know studios can have multiple teams to focus on specific content right? Your argument is based on the thinking other content would suffer when that could not be true even on the slightest.

I do not accept things where they are because if Halo Infinite flops then the franchise might actually die. If you build a strong foundation and then try things in the long life cycle of the game (which has be stated) you can take risks.
Multiply teams have other stuff to do...not every team needs to be focused on making endless skins to keep an awful BR mode afloat and that would be poor management also that job would get boring fast. I'd rather multiply teams focus on new original content instead of rehashing a type of genre that needs to die off already. Content would suffer...like I have said I've seen it in every game that has had this awful mode forced in. It's pretty obvious you're trying to convince me that everything will somehow be 'fine'...so far you haven't convinced me of anything.

People have been claiming Halo is going to die since Reach came out....it's still here. Forcing an awful mode that is designed around predatory systems is not a good way to gain trust or long term foundation for Halo. This is why I'm glad it is not coming to Infinite and like 343i said you can make the mode in Forge so 343i don't have to waste their time on the mode.
Again, they can hire more teams. Halo has actually been dying in terms of numbers. Again you assume this mode has predatory systems. 343i isn't EA or Activision.

This conversation has come to an impasse. You make assumptions like they will always be reality and use confirmation bias to double down on your opinions.

Have a good day.
Assumed....based on nearly every BR I have tried has predatory systems in place and you're the only one trying to compare 343i to EA/Activision and I even said there not the only companies that do this and even said not all BR's succeed. You're the one making it sound like it'll be perfect for Halo despite showing no evidence to show that BR can help Halo or show that it hasn't worsen the industry. It was obvious from the start that I was never going to agree on this. Essentially it sounds like you're not interested in any negative criticism based on the genre. My opinions are my own but facts are facts regardless if you like or dislike them.

As I've said repeatable in these forums...343i have given BR fans the option to make it in forge.
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
It's not happening. BR will kill Infinite if it goes anywhere near Halo. Let the BR die off already! I'm physically sick of hearing about the mode and had enough of seeing the genre and how it ruins every franchise it touch's. If every game caters to this mediocre game type then creativity goes to die because that's what happens to every game it touch's.

I really wish the admins would just start locking these threads. I'm glad 343i are not doing this mode because I've had enough of those types of games that do this that end up doing the same 1-2 maps being re-used all the time and that end's feeling like lazy development while making any unique game modes support ignored just so some gamers have to put up with some irritating loot box system or mindless battle pass grind. I feel like if 343i tried to force this into Infinite then it will damage the IP.

Plus from a game design point of view I don't see why dev's have to be pandered into rehashing something that's been done to death that could hurt the game in the long term. I have had enough of live services games.

1 more thing if people are that desperate for the mode then take 343i's advice and make it in forge.
How would BR kill Infinite when the Halo games have been getting killed since they took over?
Ok take Fornite for an example...it had 'Save The World' game type and that was pretty fun with a lot of potential then the dev's decided to take the lazy route of focusing on 1 map and dropping all support for their main game mode to cater to a medicore game type that involves rehashing season pass's focused on 'cross-over' events that force the player to play a mindless set of hours in a short time period or pay up.

Most BR games are just made to cater to predatory systems like charging over £100 for a basic texture that anyone could make quickly themselves. Then there's other things like removing Frontlines and Domination in Battlefield and BR has been turning games into awful live service games that can only be played online and that goes against what Halo is about. Everything BR has touched has made the quality of games worse.

Basically Battle Royale is where any creativity goes to die and I really hope 343i never go down that route and rehashing skins all the time to keep the mode alive would be exhausting for people working at 343i.
I'm talking about AFTER the game launches. Halo has different teams working on different aspects of the game so I am not sure how that will impact the Campaign devlopment anyways. Call of Duty is impacted because of their quick release cycle.

How is Halo doing fine? Please elaborate because the numbers show SIGNIFICANTLY otherwise. Regardless that is complacency.

You are basing all of this as if the campaign team works on multiplayer which is mostly false outside of map design influence. Studios have multiple teams and Microsoft would love to spend the cash to make Halo the top FPS once again which results in having more teams.
Whether it's before or after a launch...BR always makes overall games worse.

I said Halo is doing fine...that does not mean it's doing the best or worst. You're assumptions are your own.

I'm basing this on every game I've ever enjoyed that has been destroyed by this game type. Nothing good can come through BR and there are days where I despise BR because of what it has done to the industry. I can't think of a single game where adding BR hasn't ended up making the overall game worse.
So one can't exist? You're using confirmation bias to come to your conclusions. Halo has an iterative story as it's campaign which is unlike any other game that has BR. I understand you have worries, but arena isn't going away from Halo just because Battle Royale exists.

I don't want Halo to launch and 6 months later the population severely drops AGAIN for the 3rd time in a row. Microsoft isn't going to keep finding a franchise forever if it keeps having it's player base decrease. Battle Royale will add a lot of people who never played Halo and add them into it's community.
You're the only one trying to bring up campaign story. That has nothing to do with the topic. Also of course arena is safe because thankfully BR is not coming to Infinite.

To be blunt if BR did come out for Infinite...6 months later I'm sure the population would drop and my interest in Halo online multiplayer would drop. I have had my disagreements before with how 343i handled Halo 4/5 but there has to be a point where I have to say enough is enough. All forcing this mediocre mode will do is alienate long existing fans just to cater to some casual gamers that don't care about the IP also BR does not magically mean that every BR is a success.
Remove content? You so know studios can have multiple teams to focus on specific content right? Your argument is based on the thinking other content would suffer when that could not be true even on the slightest.

I do not accept things where they are because if Halo Infinite flops then the franchise might actually die. If you build a strong foundation and then try things in the long life cycle of the game (which has be stated) you can take risks.
Negative criticism? If you think 343i will create predatory systems having Battle Royale won't stop them lol. All of your points are based off confirmation bias of other companies and how they handled the Battle Royale mode.

I never once said Halo BR would work perfectly and without a doubt succeed. You are creating that context by yourself. I am saying it is worth the risk. People forget that Battle Royale is a game mode just like capture the flag, FFA, and Team Slayer. Having an additional mode doesn't hurt a game.

You state facts are facts like what you are saying holds undoubtable truth. You are being dogmatic about the idea and you don't like the idea of someone stating that a BR could work.

If you don't like BR that's fine, but what you speak of are opinions not facts. Halo BR has obvious value to the Franchise and that is player population if it works out.

BR makes sense 6 month after launch because of this.
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
It's not happening. BR will kill Infinite if it goes anywhere near Halo. Let the BR die off already! I'm physically sick of hearing about the mode and had enough of seeing the genre and how it ruins every franchise it touch's. If every game caters to this mediocre game type then creativity goes to die because that's what happens to every game it touch's.

I really wish the admins would just start locking these threads. I'm glad 343i are not doing this mode because I've had enough of those types of games that do this that end up doing the same 1-2 maps being re-used all the time and that end's feeling like lazy development while making any unique game modes support ignored just so some gamers have to put up with some irritating loot box system or mindless battle pass grind. I feel like if 343i tried to force this into Infinite then it will damage the IP.

Plus from a game design point of view I don't see why dev's have to be pandered into rehashing something that's been done to death that could hurt the game in the long term. I have had enough of live services games.

1 more thing if people are that desperate for the mode then take 343i's advice and make it in forge.
How would BR kill Infinite when the Halo games have been getting killed since they took over?
Ok take Fornite for an example...it had 'Save The World' game type and that was pretty fun with a lot of potential then the dev's decided to take the lazy route of focusing on 1 map and dropping all support for their main game mode to cater to a medicore game type that involves rehashing season pass's focused on 'cross-over' events that force the player to play a mindless set of hours in a short time period or pay up.

Most BR games are just made to cater to predatory systems like charging over £100 for a basic texture that anyone could make quickly themselves. Then there's other things like removing Frontlines and Domination in Battlefield and BR has been turning games into awful live service games that can only be played online and that goes against what Halo is about. Everything BR has touched has made the quality of games worse.

Basically Battle Royale is where any creativity goes to die and I really hope 343i never go down that route and rehashing skins all the time to keep the mode alive would be exhausting for people working at 343i.
I'm talking about AFTER the game launches. Halo has different teams working on different aspects of the game so I am not sure how that will impact the Campaign devlopment anyways. Call of Duty is impacted because of their quick release cycle.

How is Halo doing fine? Please elaborate because the numbers show SIGNIFICANTLY otherwise. Regardless that is complacency.

You are basing all of this as if the campaign team works on multiplayer which is mostly false outside of map design influence. Studios have multiple teams and Microsoft would love to spend the cash to make Halo the top FPS once again which results in having more teams.
Whether it's before or after a launch...BR always makes overall games worse.

I said Halo is doing fine...that does not mean it's doing the best or worst. You're assumptions are your own.

I'm basing this on every game I've ever enjoyed that has been destroyed by this game type. Nothing good can come through BR and there are days where I despise BR because of what it has done to the industry. I can't think of a single game where adding BR hasn't ended up making the overall game worse.
So one can't exist? You're using confirmation bias to come to your conclusions. Halo has an iterative story as it's campaign which is unlike any other game that has BR. I understand you have worries, but arena isn't going away from Halo just because Battle Royale exists.

I don't want Halo to launch and 6 months later the population severely drops AGAIN for the 3rd time in a row. Microsoft isn't going to keep finding a franchise forever if it keeps having it's player base decrease. Battle Royale will add a lot of people who never played Halo and add them into it's community.
You're the only one trying to bring up campaign story. That has nothing to do with the topic. Also of course arena is safe because thankfully BR is not coming to Infinite.

To be blunt if BR did come out for Infinite...6 months later I'm sure the population would drop and my interest in Halo online multiplayer would drop. I have had my disagreements before with how 343i handled Halo 4/5 but there has to be a point where I have to say enough is enough. All forcing this mediocre mode will do is alienate long existing fans just to cater to some casual gamers that don't care about the IP also BR does not magically mean that every BR is a success.
Remove content? You so know studios can have multiple teams to focus on specific content right? Your argument is based on the thinking other content would suffer when that could not be true even on the slightest.

I do not accept things where they are because if Halo Infinite flops then the franchise might actually die. If you build a strong foundation and then try things in the long life cycle of the game (which has be stated) you can take risks.
Negative criticism? If you think 343i will create predatory systems having Battle Royale won't stop them lol. All of your points are based off confirmation bias of other companies and how they handled the Battle Royale mode.

I never once said Halo BR would work perfectly and without a doubt succeed. You are creating that context by yourself. I am saying it is worth the risk. People forget that Battle Royale is a game mode just like capture the flag, FFA, and Team Slayer. Having an additional mode doesn't hurt a game.

You state facts are facts like what you are saying holds undoubtable truth. You are being dogmatic about the idea and you don't like the idea of someone stating that a BR could work.

If you don't like BR that's fine, but what you speak of are opinions not facts. Halo BR has obvious value to the Franchise and that is player population if it works out.
Wrong. That's your bias not mine. I never once stated EA/Activision were to blame and I stated games...not the companies themselves. You were one bringing them up. I'm going by the fact that just about every single game that has had BR has had predatory systems. BR problems exist in AAA companies and lesser known companies.

Saying I dislike BR is 1 an opinion but saying a game has predatory systems in place is a fact and not an opinion regardless of it I like/dislike something.

You're excuses make no sense. I've stated facts about games that have done this and all you've seem to have to done is deny it with no proof whatsoever and I'm sure there are plenty of predatory systems in many BR games and yet you have yet to say a single BR game that hasn't done this.

I've given evidence like BF removing content and Fornite abandoning existing content and you can find BR games like Apex Legends that charge $20 for basic skins and don't even get me started on CoD. So tell me how on earth is Halo going to be 'better' by adding 'BR'? tell me how does 1 game mode that forces staff to work into overtime for endless reskins better? that's not an opinion but an actual fact that many dev's have to deal with.
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
It's not happening. BR will kill Infinite if it goes anywhere near Halo. Let the BR die off already! I'm physically sick of hearing about the mode and had enough of seeing the genre and how it ruins every franchise it touch's. If every game caters to this mediocre game type then creativity goes to die because that's what happens to every game it touch's.

I really wish the admins would just start locking these threads. I'm glad 343i are not doing this mode because I've had enough of those types of games that do this that end up doing the same 1-2 maps being re-used all the time and that end's feeling like lazy development while making any unique game modes support ignored just so some gamers have to put up with some irritating loot box system or mindless battle pass grind. I feel like if 343i tried to force this into Infinite then it will damage the IP.

Plus from a game design point of view I don't see why dev's have to be pandered into rehashing something that's been done to death that could hurt the game in the long term. I have had enough of live services games.

1 more thing if people are that desperate for the mode then take 343i's advice and make it in forge.
How would BR kill Infinite when the Halo games have been getting killed since they took over?
Ok take Fornite for an example...it had 'Save The World' game type and that was pretty fun with a lot of potential then the dev's decided to take the lazy route of focusing on 1 map and dropping all support for their main game mode to cater to a medicore game type that involves rehashing season pass's focused on 'cross-over' events that force the player to play a mindless set of hours in a short time period or pay up.

Most BR games are just made to cater to predatory systems like charging over £100 for a basic texture that anyone could make quickly themselves. Then there's other things like removing Frontlines and Domination in Battlefield and BR has been turning games into awful live service games that can only be played online and that goes against what Halo is about. Everything BR has touched has made the quality of games worse.

Basically Battle Royale is where any creativity goes to die and I really hope 343i never go down that route and rehashing skins all the time to keep the mode alive would be exhausting for people working at 343i.
I'm talking about AFTER the game launches. Halo has different teams working on different aspects of the game so I am not sure how that will impact the Campaign devlopment anyways. Call of Duty is impacted because of their quick release cycle.

How is Halo doing fine? Please elaborate because the numbers show SIGNIFICANTLY otherwise. Regardless that is complacency.

You are basing all of this as if the campaign team works on multiplayer which is mostly false outside of map design influence. Studios have multiple teams and Microsoft would love to spend the cash to make Halo the top FPS once again which results in having more teams.
Whether it's before or after a launch...BR always makes overall games worse.

I said Halo is doing fine...that does not mean it's doing the best or worst. You're assumptions are your own.

I'm basing this on every game I've ever enjoyed that has been destroyed by this game type. Nothing good can come through BR and there are days where I despise BR because of what it has done to the industry. I can't think of a single game where adding BR hasn't ended up making the overall game worse.
So one can't exist? You're using confirmation bias to come to your conclusions. Halo has an iterative story as it's campaign which is unlike any other game that has BR. I understand you have worries, but arena isn't going away from Halo just because Battle Royale exists.

I don't want Halo to launch and 6 months later the population severely drops AGAIN for the 3rd time in a row. Microsoft isn't going to keep finding a franchise forever if it keeps having it's player base decrease. Battle Royale will add a lot of people who never played Halo and add them into it's community.
You're the only one trying to bring up campaign story. That has nothing to do with the topic. Also of course arena is safe because thankfully BR is not coming to Infinite.

To be blunt if BR did come out for Infinite...6 months later I'm sure the population would drop and my interest in Halo online multiplayer would drop. I have had my disagreements before with how 343i handled Halo 4/5 but there has to be a point where I have to say enough is enough. All forcing this mediocre mode will do is alienate long existing fans just to cater to some casual gamers that don't care about the IP also BR does not magically mean that every BR is a success.
Remove content? You so know studios can have multiple teams to focus on specific content right? Your argument is based on the thinking other content would suffer when that could not be true even on the slightest.

I do not accept things where they are because if Halo Infinite flops then the franchise might actually die. If you build a strong foundation and then try things in the long life cycle of the game (which has be stated) you can take risks.
Negative criticism? If you think 343i will create predatory systems having Battle Royale won't stop them lol. All of your points are based off confirmation bias of other companies and how they handled the Battle Royale mode.

I never once said Halo BR would work perfectly and without a doubt succeed. You are creating that context by yourself. I am saying it is worth the risk. People forget that Battle Royale is a game mode just like capture the flag, FFA, and Team Slayer. Having an additional mode doesn't hurt a game.

You state facts are facts like what you are saying holds undoubtable truth. You are being dogmatic about the idea and you don't like the idea of someone stating that a BR could work.

If you don't like BR that's fine, but what you speak of are opinions not facts. Halo BR has obvious value to the Franchise and that is player population if it works out.
Wrong. That's your bias not mine. I never once stated EA/Activision were to blame and I stated games...not the companies themselves. You were one bringing them up. I'm going by the fact that just about every single game that has had BR has had predatory systems. BR problems exist in AAA companies and lesser known companies.

Saying I dislike BR is 1 an opinion but saying a game has predatory systems in place is a fact and not an opinion regardless of it I like/dislike something.

You're excuses make no sense. I've stated facts about games that have done this and all you've seem to have to done is deny it with no proof whatsoever and I'm sure there are plenty of predatory systems in many BR games and yet you have yet to say a single BR game that hasn't done this.

I've given evidence like BF removing content and Fornite abandoning existing content and you can find BR games like Apex Legends that charge $20 for basic skins and don't even get me started on CoD. So tell me how on earth is Halo going to be 'better' by adding 'BR'? tell me how does 1 game mode that forces staff to work into overtime for endless reskins better? that's not an opinion but an actual fact that many dev's have to deal with.
I can't even respond to this ridiculousness lol. I'm done now.
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
It's not happening. BR will kill Infinite if it goes anywhere near Halo. Let the BR die off already! I'm physically sick of hearing about the mode and had enough of seeing the genre and how it ruins every franchise it touch's. If every game caters to this mediocre game type then creativity goes to die because that's what happens to every game it touch's.

I really wish the admins would just start locking these threads. I'm glad 343i are not doing this mode because I've had enough of those types of games that do this that end up doing the same 1-2 maps being re-used all the time and that end's feeling like lazy development while making any unique game modes support ignored just so some gamers have to put up with some irritating loot box system or mindless battle pass grind. I feel like if 343i tried to force this into Infinite then it will damage the IP.

Plus from a game design point of view I don't see why dev's have to be pandered into rehashing something that's been done to death that could hurt the game in the long term. I have had enough of live services games.

1 more thing if people are that desperate for the mode then take 343i's advice and make it in forge.
How would BR kill Infinite when the Halo games have been getting killed since they took over?
Ok take Fornite for an example...it had 'Save The World' game type and that was pretty fun with a lot of potential then the dev's decided to take the lazy route of focusing on 1 map and dropping all support for their main game mode to cater to a medicore game type that involves rehashing season pass's focused on 'cross-over' events that force the player to play a mindless set of hours in a short time period or pay up.

Most BR games are just made to cater to predatory systems like charging over £100 for a basic texture that anyone could make quickly themselves. Then there's other things like removing Frontlines and Domination in Battlefield and BR has been turning games into awful live service games that can only be played online and that goes against what Halo is about. Everything BR has touched has made the quality of games worse.

Basically Battle Royale is where any creativity goes to die and I really hope 343i never go down that route and rehashing skins all the time to keep the mode alive would be exhausting for people working at 343i.
I'm talking about AFTER the game launches. Halo has different teams working on different aspects of the game so I am not sure how that will impact the Campaign devlopment anyways. Call of Duty is impacted because of their quick release cycle.

How is Halo doing fine? Please elaborate because the numbers show SIGNIFICANTLY otherwise. Regardless that is complacency.

You are basing all of this as if the campaign team works on multiplayer which is mostly false outside of map design influence. Studios have multiple teams and Microsoft would love to spend the cash to make Halo the top FPS once again which results in having more teams.
Whether it's before or after a launch...BR always makes overall games worse.

I said Halo is doing fine...that does not mean it's doing the best or worst. You're assumptions are your own.

I'm basing this on every game I've ever enjoyed that has been destroyed by this game type. Nothing good can come through BR and there are days where I despise BR because of what it has done to the industry. I can't think of a single game where adding BR hasn't ended up making the overall game worse.
So one can't exist? You're using confirmation bias to come to your conclusions. Halo has an iterative story as it's campaign which is unlike any other game that has BR. I understand you have worries, but arena isn't going away from Halo just because Battle Royale exists.

I don't want Halo to launch and 6 months later the population severely drops AGAIN for the 3rd time in a row. Microsoft isn't going to keep finding a franchise forever if it keeps having it's player base decrease. Battle Royale will add a lot of people who never played Halo and add them into it's community.
You're the only one trying to bring up campaign story. That has nothing to do with the topic. Also of course arena is safe because thankfully BR is not coming to Infinite.

To be blunt if BR did come out for Infinite...6 months later I'm sure the population would drop and my interest in Halo online multiplayer would drop. I have had my disagreements before with how 343i handled Halo 4/5 but there has to be a point where I have to say enough is enough. All forcing this mediocre mode will do is alienate long existing fans just to cater to some casual gamers that don't care about the IP also BR does not magically mean that every BR is a success.
Remove content? You so know studios can have multiple teams to focus on specific content right? Your argument is based on the thinking other content would suffer when that could not be true even on the slightest.

I do not accept things where they are because if Halo Infinite flops then the franchise might actually die. If you build a strong foundation and then try things in the long life cycle of the game (which has be stated) you can take risks.
Negative criticism? If you think 343i will create predatory systems having Battle Royale won't stop them lol. All of your points are based off confirmation bias of other companies and how they handled the Battle Royale mode.

I never once said Halo BR would work perfectly and without a doubt succeed. You are creating that context by yourself. I am saying it is worth the risk. People forget that Battle Royale is a game mode just like capture the flag, FFA, and Team Slayer. Having an additional mode doesn't hurt a game.

You state facts are facts like what you are saying holds undoubtable truth. You are being dogmatic about the idea and you don't like the idea of someone stating that a BR could work.

If you don't like BR that's fine, but what you speak of are opinions not facts. Halo BR has obvious value to the Franchise and that is player population if it works out.
Wrong. That's your bias not mine. I never once stated EA/Activision were to blame and I stated games...not the companies themselves. You were one bringing them up. I'm going by the fact that just about every single game that has had BR has had predatory systems. BR problems exist in AAA companies and lesser known companies.

Saying I dislike BR is 1 an opinion but saying a game has predatory systems in place is a fact and not an opinion regardless of it I like/dislike something.

You're excuses make no sense. I've stated facts about games that have done this and all you've seem to have to done is deny it with no proof whatsoever and I'm sure there are plenty of predatory systems in many BR games and yet you have yet to say a single BR game that hasn't done this.

I've given evidence like BF removing content and Fornite abandoning existing content and you can find BR games like Apex Legends that charge $20 for basic skins and don't even get me started on CoD. So tell me how on earth is Halo going to be 'better' by adding 'BR'? tell me how does 1 game mode that forces staff to work into overtime for endless reskins better? that's not an opinion but an actual fact that many dev's have to deal with.
I can't even respond to this ridiculousness lol. I'm done now.
Ok so in other words you can't be bothered to say anything constructive after giving out mis-information. Yeh I'm done replying to you.
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Danumis wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
It's not happening. BR will kill Infinite if it goes anywhere near Halo. Let the BR die off already! I'm physically sick of hearing about the mode and had enough of seeing the genre and how it ruins every franchise it touch's. If every game caters to this mediocre game type then creativity goes to die because that's what happens to every game it touch's.

I really wish the admins would just start locking these threads. I'm glad 343i are not doing this mode because I've had enough of those types of games that do this that end up doing the same 1-2 maps being re-used all the time and that end's feeling like lazy development while making any unique game modes support ignored just so some gamers have to put up with some irritating loot box system or mindless battle pass grind. I feel like if 343i tried to force this into Infinite then it will damage the IP.

Plus from a game design point of view I don't see why dev's have to be pandered into rehashing something that's been done to death that could hurt the game in the long term. I have had enough of live services games.

1 more thing if people are that desperate for the mode then take 343i's advice and make it in forge.
How would BR kill Infinite when the Halo games have been getting killed since they took over?
Ok take Fornite for an example...it had 'Save The World' game type and that was pretty fun with a lot of potential then the dev's decided to take the lazy route of focusing on 1 map and dropping all support for their main game mode to cater to a medicore game type that involves rehashing season pass's focused on 'cross-over' events that force the player to play a mindless set of hours in a short time period or pay up.

Most BR games are just made to cater to predatory systems like charging over £100 for a basic texture that anyone could make quickly themselves. Then there's other things like removing Frontlines and Domination in Battlefield and BR has been turning games into awful live service games that can only be played online and that goes against what Halo is about. Everything BR has touched has made the quality of games worse.

Basically Battle Royale is where any creativity goes to die and I really hope 343i never go down that route and rehashing skins all the time to keep the mode alive would be exhausting for people working at 343i.
I'm talking about AFTER the game launches. Halo has different teams working on different aspects of the game so I am not sure how that will impact the Campaign devlopment anyways. Call of Duty is impacted because of their quick release cycle.

How is Halo doing fine? Please elaborate because the numbers show SIGNIFICANTLY otherwise. Regardless that is complacency.

You are basing all of this as if the campaign team works on multiplayer which is mostly false outside of map design influence. Studios have multiple teams and Microsoft would love to spend the cash to make Halo the top FPS once again which results in having more teams.
Whether it's before or after a launch...BR always makes overall games worse.

I said Halo is doing fine...that does not mean it's doing the best or worst. You're assumptions are your own.

I'm basing this on every game I've ever enjoyed that has been destroyed by this game type. Nothing good can come through BR and there are days where I despise BR because of what it has done to the industry. I can't think of a single game where adding BR hasn't ended up making the overall game worse.
So one can't exist? You're using confirmation bias to come to your conclusions. Halo has an iterative story as it's campaign which is unlike any other game that has BR. I understand you have worries, but arena isn't going away from Halo just because Battle Royale exists.

I don't want Halo to launch and 6 months later the population severely drops AGAIN for the 3rd time in a row. Microsoft isn't going to keep finding a franchise forever if it keeps having it's player base decrease. Battle Royale will add a lot of people who never played Halo and add them into it's community.
You're the only one trying to bring up campaign story. That has nothing to do with the topic. Also of course arena is safe because thankfully BR is not coming to Infinite.

To be blunt if BR did come out for Infinite...6 months later I'm sure the population would drop and my interest in Halo online multiplayer would drop. I have had my disagreements before with how 343i handled Halo 4/5 but there has to be a point where I have to say enough is enough. All forcing this mediocre mode will do is alienate long existing fans just to cater to some casual gamers that don't care about the IP also BR does not magically mean that every BR is a success.
Remove content? You so know studios can have multiple teams to focus on specific content right? Your argument is based on the thinking other content would suffer when that could not be true even on the slightest.

I do not accept things where they are because if Halo Infinite flops then the franchise might actually die. If you build a strong foundation and then try things in the long life cycle of the game (which has be stated) you can take risks.
Negative criticism? If you think 343i will create predatory systems having Battle Royale won't stop them lol. All of your points are based off confirmation bias of other companies and how they handled the Battle Royale mode.

I never once said Halo BR would work perfectly and without a doubt succeed. You are creating that context by yourself. I am saying it is worth the risk. People forget that Battle Royale is a game mode just like capture the flag, FFA, and Team Slayer. Having an additional mode doesn't hurt a game.

You state facts are facts like what you are saying holds undoubtable truth. You are being dogmatic about the idea and you don't like the idea of someone stating that a BR could work.

If you don't like BR that's fine, but what you speak of are opinions not facts. Halo BR has obvious value to the Franchise and that is player population if it works out.
I can't even respond to this ridiculousness lol. I'm done now.
Ok so in other words you can't be bothered to say anything constructive after giving out mis-information. Yeh I'm done replying to you.
No, it's because you can't have a conversation based on knowns. You talk almost purely off recency and confirmation bias. I can't have a conversation with someone who doesn't keep the conversation rational and not dogmatic. You are the one claiming things and spreading misinformation based on opinions and not facts.

I'm claim claiming it will do this or do that. Just that it has a chance to help. There is a massive difference.
Would be cool. The hard part would be balancing health and shields if you ask me
If it was up to me I would have people play as ODSTs instead of spartans. Then you wouldn't have issues with shielding, and could use extra body armor like in existing BRs.
Sypriz wrote:
Would be cool. The hard part would be balancing health and shields if you ask me
If it was up to me I would have people play as ODSTs instead of spartans. Then you wouldn't have issues with shielding, and could use extra body armor like in existing BRs.
This 100%. You can drop in like ODSTs as well.
Danumis wrote:
Sypriz wrote:
Would be cool. The hard part would be balancing health and shields if you ask me
If it was up to me I would have people play as ODSTs instead of spartans. Then you wouldn't have issues with shielding, and could use extra body armor like in existing BRs.
This 100%. You can drop in like ODSTs as well.
I was thinking the same thing while writing that lol
Sypriz wrote:
Danumis wrote:
Sypriz wrote:
Would be cool. The hard part would be balancing health and shields if you ask me
If it was up to me I would have people play as ODSTs instead of spartans. Then you wouldn't have issues with shielding, and could use extra body armor like in existing BRs.
This 100%. You can drop in like ODSTs as well.
I was thinking the same thing while writing that lol
So much potential. Since they are making this a game that is a platform for future content as we they can risk the mode and have time to alter it throughout it's life cycle. I really want Firefight back with multiple maps. Imagine fighting your way out of a Forerunner installation or Covenant ship instead of staying stationary. So much potential.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5