1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. ...
  7. 6
rholov wrote:
Anyone else see that ridiculous Forbes article about how a battle royale “wouldn’t be trend-chasing”? It’s crazy how non Halo fans repeat the same narrative over and over again despite a large chunk of the community not wanting a BR.
There's also a large chunk of the community who wants a BR.

I hope for a dev supported BR, but I don't care much either way. We'll get forge BR modes/ maps from the community if 343 doesn't offer a BR mode, so really I'm just hoping the games gunplay and balance is good.

I do think no BR mode will be a big missed revenue opportunity tbh though.
I do think no BR mode will be a big missed revenue opportunity tbh though.
Albeit it shouldn't be the reason to implement it.

On the one hand, sure, Battle Royal could work

On the other hand, what could i343 do with those resources for something new, potentially trend setting?
We have plenty of Battle Royals.

But, companies rarely like taking risks.
And people say the halo community is dumb. the only comments getting likes here are the ones with the best takes that halo needs to stick to what it does best and stop chasing trends.

Super proud of you guys giving the constructive and good responses :) 343 Just give us a good enough forge mode to make a passable BR mode and focus dev resources on things halo actually needs instead of a hit or miss massive scale mode.
I think we will be getting something that is battle royal adjacent. It will be a game mode that is different enough to please the masses and not have the hardcore halo fans complain too much that the mode was included. I am probably in the minority of hardcore Halo fans that think that a BR is not a bad idea for halo. Especially if they put a unique spin on it. Halo ODSTs seem like a perfect fit to make a game mode like this work. It would also be nice if it was a mode that had consistent support from devs as far as balancing and story elements are concerned and as big as 343 is I don't see this as unfeasible. Especially since they keep talking about infinite as a platform for content.
And people say the halo community is dumb. the only comments getting likes here are the ones with the best takes that halo needs to stick to what it does best and stop chasing trends.

Super proud of you guys giving the constructive and good responses :) 343 Just give us a good enough forge mode to make a passable BR mode and focus dev resources on things halo actually needs instead of a hit or miss massive scale mode.
What? You mean to tell me that the forum which is populated only by hardcore Halo fans chooses to prefer sticking to tradition? Shocker.

From a business perspective, the potential market of new players is significantly larger than the older folk who can't cope with the thought of sprint (and this is coming from someone who is on the "older" side). It would be stupid not to try to appeal to the new generation, whether that is through a BR or something else. Whatever it is, though, sure as hell isn't H3.

And a "passable BR" made in forge is a thoughtless half measure.
There's also a large chunk of the community who wants a BR.
Yeah, for sure! I don’t think I worded my original post right. I’m opposed to a Halo BR for my own reasons, but it annoys me when streamers who would only play it for a week before going back to Fortnite/Warzone say that Infinite is going to fail without one. I can tolerate a battle royale if it makes the community happy, but it shouldn’t be added just for the sake of hopping on the bandwagon.
I hope they make a br mode it would be really cool with dynamic weather
I hope they make a br mode it would be really cool with dynamic weather
It would be great imo. I believe we'll see a Halo Battle Royale at some point.
A battle royale will not "bring Halo back on top like Halo 3 days". It'll only serve to force the franchise to take another step into the grave. Battle royale has nothing to do with Halo 3 in the slightest, I don't understand the connection you're attempting to give it.

As I've already said in another battle royale post it's simply a waste of resources. There is no need to develop a second forge mode for a single game mode. Fort Night already exists among plenty of clones. If you want to play Fort Night you already have numerous options, why ham fist it into a game that it doesn't belong in?

The only battle royale mistake 343i can make is wasting the resources to make one.
I believe when a BR royale is mentioned people's first intuition is that it'll be a carbon copy of other BR genres with a little bit of halo mixed into it and contain predatory influences to soak out every coin the player has. Now while I don't think that'll be the case if 343 was going to include a BR the community provide valid justifications that highlight the issue with its implementation.
  • The game mode is Oversaturated
  • Too high of a risk and will consume much resources
While FPS games have a higher threshold for oversaturation (KOTH, TDM, Flare domination) those game modes don't need as much resources compared to a Battle Royale. Considering that this is HI last chance (and we all know how much first impressions matter) it's best for halo infinite to stay safe than sorry. Afterall, Forge itself is enough to replicate the same game mode but with minimum repercussions, it may not be the ideal or perfect BR but it's the much safer approach.

This doesn't mean that all "trends" are bad some, take firefight for example a game mode based off the horde mode trend and people genuinely liked it, some are just not very cost-efficient such as Large scale battles or Battle royales.

As much as I want a new game mode and it's likely those will consume lots of resources, I want something that's distinct from what we have in the market today.
I am really hoping to see a Battle Royal from halo. It would bring a lot of new people to the franchise. CourageJD, NickMercs, and Cloakzy are top streamers that have come out in support of a Halo BR. It would be a great game mode to stream and watch.
I'm sure Halo could work with a br mode without effecting any core aspects of other multiplayer modes like other games already do. I think I would enjoy this very much. There will always be that base at least within the halo community that believes this will somehow effect any joy they can have in the game elsewhere.
br is a gimmick, a fad, a craze. it's the "in" thing right now for mp games. the buzzword for mp gamers.

personally i hate it, you can't beat good old fashioned modes like DM, CTF, FFA. BR is boring and not fun, fighting in a decreasing in size playable area, once your dead your dead and have to watch everyone else play. no thanks, tried it, didn't like it. just adds to the stress of trying to stay alive for as long as possible. re-spawning takes away that stress, gives you more chances to dominate or win or at least have a good few minutes of fun instead of getting sniped on spawn and dead for the rest of the game.

give me classic game modes any day.
That BR bs again... god no
Easy to have a br and matchmakings or they can make a halo that is nothing but a br kinda like a spin off like halo wars. It could be halo battle royal. Or you could have halo 6 and have 8v8, 4v4, etc, Br, and warzone. No one is saying to change the game more than they already have unfortunately. Every one wants a old halo but we wont get that so why not try a different Halo with the same abilities and tactics as far as halo goes and just hope for the best instead of hating something you never tried or letting a few haters ruin it for all the people who could fall in love
Easy to have a br and matchmakings or they can make a halo that is nothing but a br kinda like a spin off like halo wars. It could be halo battle royal. Or you could have halo 6 and have 8v8, 4v4, etc, Br, and warzone. No one is saying to change the game more than they already have unfortunately. Every one wants a old halo but we wont get that so why not try a different Halo with the same abilities and tactics as far as halo goes and just hope for the best instead of hating something you never tried or letting a few haters ruin it for all the people who could fall in love
It sounds like you only care about what you want and not the majority of the Halo player base.
The more I've seen posts about BR... and BTB 2.0... and Firefight... and Warzone... and other PvE ideas...

The more I think 343 just need to keep it simple at the start. They don't need to spread themselves too thin over a heap of new modes.

I think BTB and just one PvE mode is enough. If that's a Royale type then ok... but I imagine they will leverage something off Firefight or Warzone instead.
I quit playing BR games. It was too frustrating and unrewarding for the amount of time that I put. I rather have arena based shooters or Battlefield type modes. I don't think Halo needs BR modes to make itself relevant. I rather have Halo do its own thing, and it'll become relevant and fun.
I hope Halo Infinite has a Battle Royale or a high player count playlist. I think we might see it too, if not at launch I see it as an expansion in the near future.
I think its important they get the core multiplayer right with big team battle and ranked 4v4 and 2v2 first. But after that? Sure a battle royale dropping down onto a halo ring in an ODST drop pod with reachs style health packs and all of halos weapons and wehicles. my god that would be fun as hell. But they need the core halo experience to be amazing first.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. ...
  7. 6