Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Battle Royale

OP Rips

Just imagine, 100 spartans in 1 huge map where we fight to the death. There's so many ideas I have in mind. For a load out drop or care package, they should replace the crates with an ODST drop pod. Sick right? Yea, I know. Only a few vehicles are allowed so it can be less chaotic, or all of em for pure mayhem why not lol. Killstreaks should give players a temporary ability like active camouflage. And the circle that closes as you stay longer in the game should be a Halo ring! Lol I just thought about that right now. You are bugging if you don't see how a battle royale game mode would benefit Halo.
Rips wrote:
Just imagine, 100 spartans in 1 huge map where we fight to the death. There's so many ideas I have in mind. For a load out drop or care package, they should replace the crates with an ODST drop pod. Sick right? Yea, I know. Only a few vehicles are allowed so it can be less chaotic, or all of em for pure mayhem why not lol. Killstreaks should give players a temporary ability like active camouflage. And the circle that closes as you stay longer in the game should be a Halo ring! Lol I just thought about that right now. You are bugging if you don't see how a battle royale game mode would benefit Halo.
They can't even do Halo right. Not sure they would do BR right. But I wouldn't mind trying it if it doesn't take away from multiplayer development.
Rips wrote:
It would be great, especially launching with drop pod. They could also include events on the map (crash of pelican/phantom with weapons and equippagiaments to collect, enemy npc bases to be assaulted to recover good loot etc.).
Please, no killstreaks.
I don't like the idea of killstreaks, but a battle royale sounds cool so long as it doesn't take away resources from classic game modes.
I agree that there is a lot of potential that many people recognize, but killstreaks should stay away and they'd have to balance the sniper somehow.
Bro, imagine 100 ODST dropping with base pistols and need to look for guns from the map and health packs to heal like halo 3 ODST.
Halo is a natural BR game, I would be down for it.
No. Just no. That isn't halo. If the community wants to make a sort of battle royale mode in forge then I'm all for it. I'm also all for 343 giving us the tools to do that but having a whole separate mode for it...no. I'd much rather see them spend dev time on bringing in classic weapons, writing a better story, or literally anything else.
I personally support this idea as I just don’t see anything taking away from it. A huge benefit of implementing battle royal is it would attract a ton of streamers (a lot of fortnite streamers are halo fans) and it would excite them.

The idea of imagining it is amazing. Cruising around in the support warthogs as transportation, looting and picking up different weapons, using your custom spartan as your player - just sounds too good.
There’s so many possibilites.
I think it could be a good idea, as long as it does not hurt the rest of the Halo Infinite experience. Halo 5’s launch had very minimal content at launch, and is now a much better game after years of updates, forge, and other additional content added.
C0RRuPTT wrote:
I think it could be a good idea, as long as it does not hurt the rest of the Halo 5 experience. Halo 5’s launch had very minimal content at launch, and is now a much better game after years of updates, forge, and other additional content added.
I agree.

I think if they want to continue to explore new things then it wouldn't hurt to release it as a test at some point after release.
I remember thinking it was weird for COD to release Warzone but it turned out to be really fun. I see the same idea for Halo - especially if they continue to update this like they say they plan to.

But the idea to play a Halo Battle Royale mode with your own customized Spartan sounds glorious. I'm sure they've brought up the question already among their team(s).
Rips wrote:
100 gamers (Spartans, ODST, Marines, Elites, Brutes, Floods), 1 huge map, small vehicles, a lot of weapons, free-to-play. I'm on!
People love BR rn so it wouldn't be a bad idea, BUT any BR mode needs to be added in addition to the standard modes we expect from Halo (which should be as versatile and fun as ever). Halo doesn't need to copy other more successful franchises, because imitations are never as good at the original thing. Focus on what makes Halo special, that's what people will flock to.
I want to understand why there is so much complaint towards a BR mode. I mean, Halo multiplayer has always stood out for having a WIDE variety of game modes. Adding a BR mode is absolutely not a bad thing. The usual multiplayer is not going to be replaced, it is not going to die. It is not that they are going to force us to play yes or yes to BR mode.

The complaints that I see towards the possible existence of a BR mode are always from very old players attacking everything new, or anything that has to do with the zoomer generation.
Though personally I am BR'ed out right now, I do believe the Halo sandbox would allow for much needed and more fun take on it. And to be completely honest if it doesn't have one I feel like the game will drop in popularity fast. Though this doesn't matter to the hard-core guys, but in reality it is important. There is no reason not to have the game type in it. Campaign, standard MM and BR can coexist and i don't see a way around it in this point in time if they want to keep the game alive(and actually populated) over time.
You know what I've been playing a ton of apex(only br I can get into) waiting for infinite. Realized not to long ago it takes place in the titan fall universe. I haven't played 5 minutes of titanfall but I watched someone play the first mission of the second game. Seeing all the apex guns in the game almost made me wanna try titan fall lol.

All that to say sure a battle royal is not "halo" but to deny that a battle royal could work within the universe is ridiculous It would be a shame for this sandbox not to be used for a proper BR game.
You know what I've been playing a ton of apex(only br I can get into) waiting for infinite. Realized not to long ago it takes place in the titan fall universe. I haven't played 5 minutes of titanfall but I watched someone play the first mission of the second game. Seeing all the apex guns in the game almost made me wanna try titan fall lol.

All that to say sure a battle royal is not "halo" but to deny that a battle royal could work within the universe is ridiculous It would be a shame for this sandbox not to be used for a proper BR game.
apex is too much teamwork. it starts fair, but when everyone is armored up the game becomes about whether you work properly as a team. 1v1's dont exist with the spongey sweats team stomping you
I will say, there's no way that Battle Royale comes to Halo and people don't complain their pathetic little hearts out.

Even if 343 somehow come up with the newest most inventive way to alter the standard BR format. People will still hate on it, probably without even playing that mode.

Or if they go the standard route like Fortnite and APEX. Please will still hate on it.

That being said, I used to hate on the idea of Battle Royale mode in Halo when the idea first started floating around YEARS ago.

But!! Then I gave Fortnite a try and actually loved it for about a year (Season 4 to Season X).
So I tried out APEX and loooooved it! Got 100% all achievements.

After that my opinion changed. I would LOVE to play a Battle Royale mode within the Halo Universe!

I just want more Halo games, more Halo modes, MOAR HALO in general. I'm not hating on new takes. Send it all my way!

---- BUT. I would prefer Battle Royale be a separate MP mode obviously, and that there is a 'real' Halo MP mode with multiple playlists like there's always been. But I would totally take a BR mode in that list!
Do we need another Battle Royale thread?, there's already enough of these.
Admins could do with a mega-thread, there's too many of these that keep popping up.