Battle Royale

OP Ocho Quinto

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
How does everyone feel about Infinite potentially having a BR mode, and what ideas/features would you like to see implemented if it happens?

I think starting with overshield and having health that you need to replenish with health packs would work well. Equipment/armor abilities that you can pick up would work well in this mode too.
At this point it has been denied that if there is a "BR" mode, expect it to either come after launch or for it to be substantially different from what is already out there.

I think that the ideas have been discussed to death, but I personally like the idea of drop pods for deployment and the shrinking ring to be either glassing beams from a ship or a flood infestation.
Mongerty wrote:
At this point it has been denied that if there is a "BR" mode, expect it to either come after launch or for it to be substantially different from what is already out there.

I think that the ideas have been discussed to death, but I personally like the idea of drop pods for deployment and the shrinking ring to be either glassing beams from a ship or a flood infestation.
I don't mind if it's very different or comes after launch. COD Warzone was very different from other BR's at the time and came out months after the release of Modern Warfare, yet it's still thriving today.

The drop pods area a cool idea though. Silenced weapons could have a more practical application in BR too.
I would be against it for a initial release for infinite otherwise it will take up more time and resources at it's start from other parts of multiplayer, that is to say I wouldn't mind it later down the line if it's heavily requested but you could most likely make your own BR in forge at that point.

As for ideas it could start out as marines or spartans trying to get to a pelican in time to escape a flood infestation or a map alongside the containment area of H2. You won't exactly take damage from the zone but armies of flood would swarm you and if it would be a good idea to have players that died respawn as flood as soon as the zone hits their death point so it leads to a infection survival at that point
I would be against it for a initial release for infinite otherwise it will take up more time and resources at it's start from other parts of multiplayer, that is to say I wouldn't mind it later down the line if it's heavily requested but you could most likely make your own BR in forge at that point.

As for ideas it could start out as marines or spartans trying to get to a pelican in time to escape a flood infestation or a map alongside the containment area of H2. You won't exactly take damage from the zone but armies of flood would swarm you and if it would be a good idea to have players that died respawn as flood as soon as the zone hits their death point so it leads to a infection survival at that point
That sounds cool, but more like a very big game of infection. I was thinking of a PvP BR mode with a unique halo spin.
I would love to play a Halo BR but I am pretty sure we won't see one at launch and probably not until 2022 at the earliest. If they do make one I hope that it is distinctly Halo feeling and not just a BR for the sake of having a battle royale.

That sounds cool, but more like a very big game of infection. I was thinking of a PvP BR mode with a unique halo spin.
I was to, just a added idea if wanted to have the infection part, if course last team standing is extracted but that's if they can make it to the extraction site before being consumed by the flood
I would love to play a Halo BR but I am pretty sure we won't see one at launch and probably not until 2022 at the earliest. If they do make one I hope that it is distinctly Halo feeling and not just a BR for the sake of having a battle royale.
Agreed, I don't want another COD clone like the Halo 4 MP. It would be cool to see vehicles integrated the right way into a BR game mode, and I think Halo is the game that could do that.

I was to, just a added idea if wanted to have the infection part, if course last team standing is extracted but that's if they can make it to the extraction site before being consumed by the flood
Sounds like a fun alternative to an established BR mode. Like what COD did with the Halloween event.

Sounds like a fun alternative to an established BR mode. Like what COD did with the Halloween event.
Yeah, apex did something like that to I'm pretty sure but it would be interesting to see a flood twist on it
I feel like they're probably already stretched thin just on MCC and reworking Infinite's base campaign and multiplayer. I don't particularly enjoy BRs and feel as if it'd be better suited for a Forge creation, granted if we'll have a much higher multiplayer playercap for multiplayer (not sure if they've said anything about this for Infinite) and a custom games browser.

But hey, BRs are insanely popular and as FightingFish8 said I think it's better if it was something done down the line instead of taking away resources from the core game.
doxua wrote:
I feel like they're probably already stretched thin just on MCC and reworking Infinite's base campaign and multiplayer. I don't particularly enjoy BRs and feel as if it'd be better suited for a Forge creation, granted if we'll have a much higher multiplayer playercap for multiplayer (not sure if they've said anything about this for Infinite) and a custom games browser.

But hey, BRs are insanely popular and as FightingFish8 said I think it's better if it was something done down the line instead of taking away resources from the core game.
Yeah, I wouldn't mind if doesn't happen at release but I think a Halo BR would be very interesting and needs to happen. Doesn't need to be like others that are out right now.

I wish they would've done this with Invasion in Reach. I think that was a really cool game mode that didn't get enough resources put into it.
Forge will hopefully be (even more) impressive in Infinite.

Add in the custom rules and forge tools required to build Royale type games.

If it has a role in Halo it will take off from there.

Oh, and a better organisation / search functions for customs - otherwise it may just get lost in the ocean of stuff.
I'm okay with it as long as we drop into the map in ODST drop pods.
Darwi wrote:

Oh, and a better organisation / search functions for customs - otherwise it may just get lost in the ocean of stuff.
I'm all for being able to forge your own BR. That's going to lead to a lot of cool game types, but I think there should be a dedicated playlist and developer built map and game type for it.
Darwi wrote:

I'm all for being able to forge your own BR. That's going to lead to a lot of cool game types, but I think there should be a dedicated playlist and developer built map and game type for it.
I guess, first up, they have clearly said no Royale.

Not saying there hasn't been plenty of time since (and a big release delay) for them to change their mind.

But also - it's a big risk. If that mode falls flat for whatever reason - it opens them up for a lot of ridicule and bad press. And all for a game-mode that may never have been intended to be a huge focal point for the game. Much better to release Halo with all the game-types we know and associate with Halo - and dip their toes in the water gradually with the newer stuff.
Darwi wrote:
Darwi wrote:

Not saying there hasn't been plenty of time since (and a big release delay) for them to change their mind.

But also - it's a big risk. If that mode falls flat for whatever reason - it opens them up for a lot of ridicule and bad press. And all for a game-mode that may never have been intended to be a huge focal point for the game. Much better to release Halo with all the game-types we know and associate with Halo - and dip their toes in the water gradually with the newer stuff.
+1 on the big risk with ridicule and bad press. Plus if it's a flop with a small playerbase, you get issues like you see on some comp modes on Halo where parties or solo queues of hardcore players absolutely dominate new or average players on every other match because of the unbalanced and small pool of users playing. FO76 NW comes to mind too.
Darwi wrote:
Darwi wrote:

They can always add it in later. You can't just release the same game again and again. They need to do something to change the game without screwing with the formula that makes it great. Plus, BR could bring a lot of new fans into the fold and grow the player base.
doxua wrote:
Darwi wrote:
Darwi wrote:

+1 on the big risk with ridicule and bad press. Plus if it's a flop with a small playerbase, you get issues like you see on some comp modes on Halo where parties or solo queues of hardcore players absolutely dominate new or average players on every other match because of the unbalanced and small pool of users playing. FO76 NW comes to mind too.
In addition to what I just said in my previous comment, a BR mode doesn't need to have 100+ players in each game. They could make one that starts with 40-50 players to test out the new mode and expand on it from there. The new Rebirth mode in COD is a good example of a smaller BR mode that is really popular right now.
If they do head down the BR mode... I do hope they mix it up a bit. Smaller numbers... ODST with drop pods... Flood infested boundaries... etc. Make is play / feel like a Halo game.

But keep in mind their launch already has to deal with Campaign, Arena, BTB, Firefight/Warzone, and Forge. Plus all the standards of CTF, Infection, Oddball etc.

Adding in another big one, particularly something brand new that will need a heap of play testing / balancing, is a big ask.

I really think Forge is the place for this. There are so many talented Forgers and Scripters out there. Give them the tools to build and work out the game play. Infinite just needs a better way to make Custom games searchable. The popular playlists need to be nurtured and curated so that they are easy to find and navigate. The better ones can then be refined and added to the formal hoppers.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5