3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
doxua wrote:
Darwi wrote:
Darwi wrote:
Forge will hopefully be (even more) impressive in Infinite.

Add in the custom rules and forge tools required to build Royale type games.

If it has a role in Halo it will take off from there.

Oh, and a better organisation / search functions for customs - otherwise it may just get lost in the ocean of stuff.
I'm all for being able to forge your own BR. That's going to lead to a lot of cool game types, but I think there should be a dedicated playlist and developer built map and game type for it.
I guess, first up, they have clearly said no Royale.

Not saying there hasn't been plenty of time since (and a big release delay) for them to change their mind.

But also - it's a big risk. If that mode falls flat for whatever reason - it opens them up for a lot of ridicule and bad press. And all for a game-mode that may never have been intended to be a huge focal point for the game. Much better to release Halo with all the game-types we know and associate with Halo - and dip their toes in the water gradually with the newer stuff.
+1 on the big risk with ridicule and bad press. Plus if it's a flop with a small playerbase, you get issues like you see on some comp modes on Halo where parties or solo queues of hardcore players absolutely dominate new or average players on every other match because of the unbalanced and small pool of users playing. FO76 NW comes to mind too.
In addition to what I just said in my previous comment, a BR mode doesn't need to have 100+ players in each game. They could make one that starts with 40-50 players to test out the new mode and expand on it from there. The new Rebirth mode in COD is a good example of a smaller BR mode that is really popular right now.
For sure, you don't need 100+. NW only has 52 players per game and the issue with being matched up against the same groups of players is probably an effect of how much the base-game flopped by itself, regardless of the uniqueness that the franchise brought to that mix. It would be really interesting to see how popular BR would be within Halo's universe and Infinite's own personal mechanics. Hopefully Forge in Infinite brings us even more options that could potentially showcase some interesting ideas that 343 could take on board, even if BR isn't something I particularly enjoy, but if it brings in people like me it could be an incredible gamechanger.
Darwi wrote:
If they do head down the BR mode... I do hope they mix it up a bit. Smaller numbers... ODST with drop pods... Flood infested boundaries... etc. Make is play / feel like a Halo game.

But keep in mind their launch already has to deal with Campaign, Arena, BTB, Firefight/Warzone, and Forge. Plus all the standards of CTF, Infection, Oddball etc.

Adding in another big one, particularly something brand new that will need a heap of play testing / balancing, is a big ask.

I really think Forge is the place for this. There are so many talented Forgers and Scripters out there. Give them the tools to build and work out the game play. Infinite just needs a better way to make Custom games searchable. The popular playlists need to be nurtured and curated so that they are easy to find and navigate. The better ones can then be refined and added to the formal hoppers.
I think they should have an update that includes invasion and a BR mode. Like 4-6 months after release
Darwi wrote:
If they do head down the BR mode... I do hope they mix it up a bit. Smaller numbers... ODST with drop pods... Flood infested boundaries... etc. Make is play / feel like a Halo game.

But keep in mind their launch already has to deal with Campaign, Arena, BTB, Firefight/Warzone, and Forge. Plus all the standards of CTF, Infection, Oddball etc.

Adding in another big one, particularly something brand new that will need a heap of play testing / balancing, is a big ask.

I really think Forge is the place for this. There are so many talented Forgers and Scripters out there. Give them the tools to build and work out the game play. Infinite just needs a better way to make Custom games searchable. The popular playlists need to be nurtured and curated so that they are easy to find and navigate. The better ones can then be refined and added to the formal hoppers.
I think they should have an update that includes invasion and a BR mode. Like 4-6 months after release
Yep 4-6 months sounds like a reasonable time frame.

Gives the community out there a bit of time to experiment... and 343 can see a bit what works and what doesn't.

They do need to be careful though - Firefight, Invasion, Warzone... not to confuse the community with simlar / overlapping game types. You run the risk of diluting the population and spreading yourself too thin. BR at least, is a point of difference from those game types.
NO.

This is NOT a Battle Royale, game and it does not need this game mode. This is another game, thank you.

Especially considering that if they wanted to make a BR mode, they would need to retweak and reconfigure everything in the game to fit that purpose, so I hope they do not waste any time on this
How does everyone feel about Infinite potentially having a BR mode, and what ideas/features would you like to see implemented if it happens?
I'm ok with a Halo Battle Royale, always have been. I believe we'll see a Halo Battle Royale at some point, it's a no brainer imo and Halo has the toys to be the best Battle Royale on the market imho.

Start with the usual drop, either ODST pods or Pelicans dropping the team in. Have a basic loadout and set off looking for weapons. Instead of a continuously closing circle have Covenant Cruisers glassing random parts of the map. Have interconnecting tunnels or man cannons to escape areas being glassed. We could have Scorpions, Warthogs and other ground vehicles.

In the skies we have Hornets, Pelicans for teams, Banshees, Seraphs etc. We could have equpment like grav lifts, bubbles and the hookshot. More than one style of play would be possible in a Halo Battle Royale, we could have Flood infested areas where risk is well rewarded, and I suggested that before Blackout did the zombie thing, or Brute or Elite or Banished areas.

It would be insane imo. When you sit back and seriously look at the Halo sand box the options are limitless. We could have the definitive Battle Royale with more shennanigans than all the others put together. I've only mentioned a few things. I could go on all day, air srtikes ? No, how about orbital bombardment, or you call in a Saber team to help instead.

Again, I could go on, it's a no brainer imo. It does not have to be a strict 150 players either, Warzone regularly has different player counts on smaller maps. Halo could easily do the same. I do think 343i should copy Warzone and make it a stand alone. That way players that do not like Battle Royale can simply ignore it. As for me... I say 343i should go for it.
COD wasn't a BR game either, but it totally reinvented BR when Warzone dropped. They could always release the BR mode 4-6 months after release so the core game is high quality.
eviltedi wrote:
How does everyone feel about Infinite potentially having a BR mode, and what ideas/features would you like to see implemented if it happens?
I'm ok with a Halo Battle Royale, always have been. I believe we'll see a Halo Battle Royale at some point, it's a no brainer imo and Halo has the toys to be the best Battle Royale on the market imho.

Start with the usual drop, either ODST pods or Pelicans dropping the team in. Have a basic loadout and set off looking for weapons. Instead of a continuously closing circle have Covenant Cruisers glassing random parts of the map. Have interconnecting tunnels or man cannons to escape areas being glassed. We could have Scorpions, Warthogs and other ground vehicles.

In the skies we have Hornets, Pelicans for teams, Banshees, Seraphs etc. We could have equpment like grav lifts, bubbles and the hookshot. More than one style of play would be possible in a Halo Battle Royale, we could have Flood infested areas where risk is well rewarded, and I suggested that before Blackout did the zombie thing, or Brute or Elite or Banished areas.

It would be insane imo. When you sit back and seriously look at the Halo sand box the options are limitless. We could have the definitive Battle Royale with more shennanigans than all the others put together. I've only mentioned a few things. I could go on all day, air srtikes ? No, how about orbital bombardment, or you call in a Saber team to help instead.

Again, I could go on, it's a no brainer imo. It does not have to be a strict 150 players either, Warzone regularly has different player counts on smaller maps. Halo could easily do the same. I do think 343i should copy Warzone and make it a stand alone. That way players that do not like Battle Royale can simply ignore it. As for me... I say 343i should go for it.
Well said. I don't know why everyone is so opposed to it. If it dropped after release there's no downside.
I think this would be the coolest thing in video game history. It’d be so cool looking for halo weapons and power ups and fighting as a Spartan to be the last man standing. Plus you could use classic halo maps as the hot spots where people drop frequently and that’d be sweet. Seems like it’d be such a good opportunity but I feel like we’re not going to get it.
eviltedi wrote:

I think this is a great take and I entirely agree. I trust 343 is handling their resources well and we have been told not to expect a BR at launch and Im guessing that is the right call, perhaps another game entirely would be more appropriate, but a Halo BR seem more like an inevitability to me over a 10 year period than not.

If Halo can pull off RTS and TDS then I think BR is perfectly within its scope.
I think it could be cool, but I also think they have shown they can do good game modes with Firefight and Warzone. I had a blast with these and would be happy if they only continued to focus on this front and never tried to implement a Battle Royale. However, if down the line they add a BR, I'll definitely play it. More content is more content.
I would rather have Battlefield 4 Style 50 vs 50 BTB
eviltedi wrote:

drop pods definitely.

And instead of covenant glassing the place it's a flood miasma closing in where if you stay in the flood gas to long you'll get swarmed by floodies so you die.

I am a big lover of the classic 4v4 arena halo and do not want to give that up. But a mode like this...would probably be pretty cool.
I'd say no. I don't want Halo's focus suddenly to become focused on 1 game type for the sake of focusing on a current gimmick that will most likely lead to less variety and degrade in quality of the overall game. BR has essentially killed every game it has touched that I had previously liked so I wouldn't want it anywhere near of my games.
well it would take LOTS of resources away from the 343i team, and it would have to be after release because of that. The dudes above said that there could be drop pod drops. I definitely support that because drop pods are epic. and the shrinking ring could be flood spores possibly and if you die in them, it turns you into an ai controlled flood form. (maybe lol)
ronnie42 wrote:
I'd say no. I don't want Halo's focus suddenly to become focused on 1 game type for the sake of focusing on a current gimmick that will most likely lead to less variety and degrade in quality of the overall game. BR has essentially killed every game it has touched that I had previously liked so I wouldn't want it anywhere near of my games.
BR has not killed every game it has touched at all. Modern Warfare was the best COD MP in years, and that's just one example.
and the shrinking ring could be flood spores possibly and if you die in them, it turns you into an ai controlled flood form. (maybe lol)
That is a great idea, or it turns the player into a flood form, and if so you get the option to continue playing. Also, as your're a flood form you could use the spores for longer, the non converted players would then have more to worry about. Love it....
ronnie42 wrote:
BR has not killed every game it has touched at all. Modern Warfare was the best COD MP in years, and that's just one example.
Strongly disagree. Like I said "BR has essentially killed every game it has touched that I had previously liked so I wouldn't want it anywhere near any of my games." and that's from my perspective. Everyone has different opinions so don't try to downplay my view just because yours differs and I used to like CoD a very long time ago since I haven't liked CoD for over a decade and that's also my opinion so your attempt at trying to say BR makes games better isn't always true for 'everyone'.

Just because you like a current 'trend' does not mean you won't get resistance against the mode because a lot of people hate what the mode is doing to the industry.
I don't want Infinite to have a Battle Royale mode. It's not suited to Halo.

I'd like to see a large scale BTB type setup, but definitely not last man standing BR. No way.
Man if they waste time on a BR when they leave out Elites and other features that'd make sense for a sorta-open world game, I'd seriously lose it.

I don't even care for elites personally, but at that point you're ditching halo staples for fads.

I think starting with overshield and having health that you need to replenish with health packs would work well. Equipment/armor abilities that you can pick up would work well in this mode too.
Personally I really don't want to see Infinite focus heavily on providing novelty multiplayer modes. If they make a good enough campaign, I'll be happy. BR seems to be like a bit of fad. Would love to see more big team battles and destructible environments a la Battlefield, but I think that will need to be a standalone title and not Infinite.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5