Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Best TTK for Halo Infinite

OP NarrowBaker132

What would be best for Halo Infinite in your opinion?
A. 5 Shot kills
B. 4 Shot kills
C. 3 Shot kills
I enjoyed Halo 3's TTK best, so 4 shot.
B. The Four/Five shot BR was the best sandbox imo. It was versatile enough to be used in most situations , but could still be beat except in the most skilled of hands. I like the pistol or DMR , but they are extremely accurate and unless you are on top of your game , you stand no chance when fighting a skilled opponent from a bad position. The BR left a little wiggle room in this regard (at least in H3 , In Halo 2 it was just as deadly as the DMR thanks to hit scan)
PS. Not saying hit scan is a bad thing , just a different feel to the BR.
I don't get it..
Except the 3-Shot Pistol, both A and B are Fine..? 4-Shot BR and 5-Shot DMR and Pistol (maybe 6 for the Magnum, in Case it gets a High RoF)..

They are both (DMR/BR) going to be Part of Infinite anyway..

So.. BR should be 4 Shot (or 11 Bullets for a bit of forgiveness there); if it's with leading shots with Hitmarker (since it's pretty hard to see, if you hit your opponent or not) and if it's Hitscan Idc..

DMR 5-Shot, to compensate for longer Ranges and more accuracy and forgiveness

Magnum 5-Shot or 6-Shot (depending on RoF) to have the Edge in really Close Quarters..

Carbine with the Highest RoF 7-Shot or 8-Shot to be the most Brutal, if you can land all your Shots..

...and everything is alright.
I don't get it..
Except the 3-Shot Pistol, both A and B are Fine..? 4-Shot BR and 5-Shot DMR and Pistol (maybe 6 for the Magnum, in Case it gets a High RoF)..

They are both (DMR/BR) going to be Part of Infinite anyway..

So.. BR should be 4 Shot (or 11 Bullets for a bit of forgiveness there); if it's with leading shots with Hitmarker (since it's pretty hard to see, if you hit your opponent or not) and if it's Hitscan Idc..

DMR 5-Shot, to compensate for longer Ranges and more accuracy and forgiveness

Magnum 5-Shot or 6-Shot (depending on RoF) to have the Edge in really Close Quarters..

Carbine with the Highest RoF 7-Shot or 8-Shot to be the most Brutal, if you can land all your Shots..

...and everything is alright.
I agree with you big time.
I enjoyed Halo 3's TTK best, so 4 shot.
Same i'm more of a H4 BR guy tho.. lmao
3-4sk (depending on the ROF) + projectile, it empowers the individual while still promoting skill, nothing beats the original.
I mean, having fewer shots to kill doesn't necessarily mean anything in terms of time to kill. The Halo 5 Magnum's 5 shot kill is faster than the 4 shot BR in Halo 2 and 3(and Halo 3's BR was slightly slower than Halo 2's).

Generally speaking I just want a fast TTK of around ~1s with the potential of at least 3 perfect kills for the main utility weapon with the rest of the sandbox balanced around that. That being said I tend to prefer a 3-4 shot for a couple reasons.

1.) I would rather have the main utility weapon have fewer overall shots per magazine whether its 9(3 shots to kill), 12/36(3 or 4 shots to kill), or 15(5 shots to kill) shots per mag I would rather see bad shooting punished by draining the magazine rapidly. I also think have so many shots per mag for the most versatile weapon makes it too efficient in a campaign setting, PvE balance matters too.

2.) I feel that missing individual shots should have more of an impact whether that takes the form of letting a player on low shields find cover or simply leaving the enemy a bit more time to retaliate. We could just as easily have a starting weapon that functions more like a Carbine, its otherwise works like a utility weapon should, but its high rate of fire leaves a bit to be desired in terms of creating exciting multiplayer moments as that single missed shot barely registers when you can clean up your kill almost immediately.

Long story short I prefer a 3 or 4 shot with a fast TTK and a magazine size on par with the CE Pistol or BR.
I would actually like slightly longer TTKs.

And then increase the skill gap by making shots to different parts of the body worth more damage; head >> chest > abdo > limbs.

I would also make weapons do slightly less damage outside their range (as well as being less accurate).

Skilled players, using the right weapons can still execute a quick/perfect kill... but those less skilled are left to dance around shooting their opponent in the foot.
Minimum ttk should be around 0.8 to 0.9 sec, but the average ttk should be around what it is in halo 2 to 5. Lower the aim assist and decrease the projectile speed for all ballistic weapons so that you will have to lead your shots in order to quickly kill an enemy.
Minimum ttk should be around 0.8 to 0.9 sec, but the average ttk should be around what it is in halo 2 to 5. Lower the aim assist and decrease the projectile speed for all ballistic weapons so that you will have to lead your shots in order to quickly kill an enemy.
I agree i've noticed alot of popular titles that were released YEARS ago that are still super active today (like CS:GO), have very short TTKs and make accurate players feel good about themselves when they win in a 1v3 situation but that bad side about having a short TTK will make grenades a bit obsolete since we can drop enemies pretty quickly UNLESS.. grenades get a buff to their damage and lower the blast radius. I tbh I don't see that happening since there's soo much grenade spam in Halo already lol.