Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Big Team Battle

OP Grumpy Arbiter

Hey everyone! I just wanted to bring up something that I think Halo Infinite could benefit from. Specifically, something Big Team Battle related. While I do enjoy Halo 5's Big Team Battle playlist, I think it still lacks what previous Halos had. For example:
  • Halo 1 had Blood Gulch.
  • Halo 2 had Zanzibar.
  • Halo 3 had Sandtrap.
  • Halo Reach had Spire.
  • Halo 4 had Exile.
This is just a fraction of the Big Team Battle maps the series contains, but Halo 5 set a new precedent. No developer-made BTB maps. Don't get me wrong, I love the Forge maps used in BTB and the creativity shown in them, but it still feels empty without a hint of the developer's touch. Halo 5's only maps made by 343 are all relatively the same size. I know 343 tried to appeal to the competitive scene more with Halo 5, which I can appreciate, but all I'm saying is that I'd like to see them diversify their map pool for Halo Infinite. I wouldn't mind Forge maps in Halo Infinite's playlists either, just as long as 343 isn't using them as a substitute for making their own maps. Those are my thoughts at least, what do you guys think?
While I do enjoy Halo 5's Big Team Battle playlist, I think it still lacks what previous Halos had. Large maps made by the developers.
Because all of those went to Warzone, unfortunately 😒
Those are my thoughts at least, what do you guys think?
I actually wouldn't mind if every map in Halo Infinite was forged, as long as they play well and look nice.
The fact that they focused on Warzone definitely make sense, but it doesn't have the same charm as BTB in my opinion. As for having every map forged, I don't think it would be bad, especially if it meant taking a good forged map over a bad developer-made map; however, it just feels incomplete without the devs at least making a BTB map or two as well. Thank you for sharing your thoughts!
The fact that they focused on Warzone definitely make sense, but it doesn't have the same charm as BTB in my opinion.
I totally agree, and I think a lot of people feel that way. It seems like 343 wanted Warzone to be the new big team experience, but it plays nothing like BTB and doesn't even have equal starts. I just hope they don't make the same mistake in Halo Infinite.
I think if the gameplay is more classic paced they should capitalize on old favourites. If it's more modern they should focus mainly on new ones.
I think if the gameplay is more classic paced they should capitalize on old favourites. If it's more modern they should focus mainly on new ones.
I'm always a sucker for remakes of old maps like Blood Gulch or Headlong, and I wouldn't mind classic, modern, or a blend of both for the next Halo; however, I know I'm definitely rooting for the new and unique maps as well. Along with that, I just hope they do not rely entirely on forgers or reusing/remixing maps to fill the gaps. I guess it's all about finding the perfect way to blend it all together.
I'm always a sucker for remakes of old maps like Blood Gulch or Headlong, and I wouldn't mind classic, modern, or a blend of both for the next Halo; however, I know I'm definitely rooting for the new and unique maps as well. Along with that, I just hope they do not rely entirely on forgers or reusing/remixing maps to fill the gaps. I guess it's all about finding the perfect way to blend it all together.
I'm cool with having a few remakes of the movement is the modern style but they better be balanced properly.

As for the forge maps, I think H5 was a rushed game where the driving philosophy of the game was get it out the door as fast as possible, as cheap as possible, while also being designed to milk micros. No doubt Don's fault, but he's gone now. Now Phil's in charge and he's clearly giving 343i the time they need, that better result in proper developer made maps. It's okay to use community forge maps to add post launch but I think the initial playlist should be developer made.
I'm cool with having a few remakes of the movement is the modern style but they better be balanced properly.

As for the forge maps, I think H5 was a rushed game where the driving philosophy of the game was get it out the door as fast as possible and as cheap as possible. No doubt Don's fault, but he's gone now. Now Phil's in charge and he's clearly giving 343i the time they need, that better result in proper developer made maps. It's okay to use community forge maps to add post launch but I think the initial playlist should be developer made.
I absolutely agree with everything you said. Let's just hope Infinite is going to be the great game we all want it to be!
Sounds like a good idea.