Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Blood and Gore

OP IndospikedU

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I really hope 343 goes back to Halo's roots and applies an optional setting to have more blood and gore splatter in the game. I'm a gamer in my late 20's and I miss some of the realism the previous games added by having realistic blood effects. I know they're aiming for a T rating but I'm hoping they can compromise in some way to give the older fans the true OG Halo experience.
I'm old and I don't need Blood and Gore.
Beliar2968 wrote:
I'm old and I don't need Blood and Gore.
I'm old too, and I definitely prefer blood and gore. Especially when you have assassinations, Halo 5's assassinations looked ridiculous without blood imo. Halo CE to 4 had blood. Halo 5 had very little, it's another thing that's been watered down and practically removed from Halo. We've lost too much of the games identity over the years, time to put things back imo.
The only time there was "gore" in a FPS Halo title was when the flood were there. Considering we don't see that in Infinite's current rating, safe to say there's either no flood (which would be a serious injustice since the game takes place on Installation 07 which is loaded with ridiculous flood history) or they toned it back a bit with the graphic content, which I wouldn't mind. But what difference does blood and gore make? It only makes the game unnecessarily grittier.
I like the gore and the blood, and i don't want something like Gears, i like that kind of gore but with a blood splatter on the floor or wall i'm fine.
Ken Static wrote:
The only time there was "gore" in a FPS Halo title was when the flood were there. Considering we don't see that in Infinite's current raring, safe to say there's either no flood (which would be a serious injustice since the game takes place on Installation 07 which is loaded with ridiculous flood history) or they toned it back a bit with the graphic content, which I wouldn't mind. But what difference does blood and gore make? It only makes the game unnecessarily grittier.
The ratings don't guarantee or dismiss the presence of the Flood. Halo 3 and Halo ODST were rated PEGI 16 (violence) here in the UK, one had Flood one did not. Even Halo Wars 2 and Reach are rated PEGI 16 (violence). Halo Infinite could easily have the Flood and be rated PEGI 16, or not.
I wanna paint the walls with the blood of my enemies like in CE :(
The odd splatter is fine as was the flood gibs but we don't need human and cov gibs. This isn't quake / doom / unreal.
Drahicr wrote:
The odd splatter is fine as was the flood gibs but we don't need human and cov gibs. This isn't quake / doom / unreal.
There's not even any blood splatter though. Halo CE times were good....
Drahicr wrote:
I would have no issue with chunks flying in Halo. It was so much fun blowing spartans apart in Gears 5. I'll agree Halo doesn't need it, but I would love it. However, I would at least like blood back to the levels we had in Halo CE.
eviltedi wrote:
Drahicr wrote:
I would have no issue with chunks flying in Halo. It was so much fun blowing spartans apart in Gears 5. I'll agree Halo doesn't need it, but I would love it. However, I would at least like blood back to the levels we had in Halo CE.
As a "spiritual reboot" it would make sense to go back to Halo CE gore level. More so that they are trying to make the game look like a modern Halo CE.
eviltedi wrote:
Drahicr wrote:
As a "spiritual reboot" it would make sense to go back to Halo CE gore level. More so that they are trying to make the game look like a modern Halo CE.
I agree. I view the watering down of blood and gore as another thing from Halo we've lost. I think Halo has lost too much over the years. I loved the first time I shot a dead marine and saw the ridiculous amount of blood. Then I proceeded to shoot every dead thing I could to see what colours came out, was it silly or childish ? Possibly, but it was fun and something I loved about Halo, needs to return imo.
Blood was still present in halo 5 mostly with just the covenant and Promethean crawlers and the recent demo definitely had its share of bloodshed a few times I noticed.
Infinite demo seemed to have plenty of blood, at least with the grunts from what I remember. Would have to watch it again and pay attention.
There should be blood on the ground under dead enemies.
Hi all.

Just wanted to clarify that I definitely don't want Gears of War type of blood + gore with body parts. Just want it like the old school rated M Halos that had the little bit of blood enhancing believability and immersion. As others have said, the newer games feel somewhat watered down in that regard.
I really hope 343 goes back to Halo's roots and applies an optional setting to have more blood and gore splatter in the game. I'm a gamer in my late 20's and I miss some of the realism the previous games added by having realistic blood effects. I know they're aiming for a T rating but I'm hoping they can compromise in some way to give the older fans the true OG Halo experience.
Its rated T for teen instead of M for mature like every other Halo game so I wouldnt set my hopes too high. There may very well be even less gore than in halo 5.
I would love to see blood like Halo CE. those baths of blood are unforgettable
People need to distinguish blood and gore. Blood is all fine and dandy and not too out there. An option to have more blood could easily be implemented. If you think a feature to have gore in the game will happen,(Limbs, dismemberment, etc.] than keep dreaming. Having gore with the flood is about all I can see happening and that's assuming the flood are in the game. I do agree that more blood would be nice. It makes killing enemies more fun. (The FBI isn't reading this, right?)
I dont "need" blood in Halo games, but it will definitely will be a welcome addition. Sadly i dont think Microsoft would let them add it, even if 343i wanted to
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3