Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Blood in Halo Infinite?

OP Ayy NoVa

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I wonder if blood splatter will return to Halo. I know myself and some others were upset about it being removed due to the rating of the game but that's whack. It should return within Infinite. It's a game based off of super humans/soldiers fighting for humanity with military grade weapons. Not super soakers and nerf guns. One moment you're with your teammate, the next, his helmet getting snapped back and there's a splatter of blood on the wall as a warning to turn your -Yoink- around.
I'm hopeful it does in the amount that Reach had. It adds to the kind of gritty and militaristic feeling present in the older games, instead of the power rangers in space feeling.
Seconded. It felt like it was strongly lacking from Halo 5, and part of me feels like it was removed strictly to skirt down to a T rating for sales.
I would love to see this added back. I never noticed it until you said something and now it’s bothering me. Even if the blood wasn’t a lot just even a little would make it more fun.
I'm all for blood and gore back, it was another thing that was removed without reason imo. I don't think we were ever told why it was removed. Halo 5 was too clean looking, the shiney Spartans looked odd too, a bit grit and a bucket of blood would work wonders for me.
eviltedi wrote:
I'm all for blood and gore back, it was another thing that was removed without reason imo. I don't think we were ever told why it was removed. Halo 5 was too clean looking, the shiney Spartans looked odd too, a bit grit and a bucket of blood would work wonders for me.
They removed it for ESBR rating reasons.

Yes totally in favour of the return of gore. Hell gimme a spnkr and fuelrod that gib while your at it!
They took
eviltedi wrote:
One word: minors.

Minors are part of Halo's consumer base, unless I'm mistaken and the Halo mega blox game was intended for an adult like me.

There are also also many Halo 5 competitors who actually had to switch from other games because they legally were not allowed to compete in M Rated game tournament, so Halo 5 being rated T was most likely a financial decision, imo.

They could have easily added gore and blood and even more adult language and content, but they chose not too because that narrows the audience (theoretically)

their excuse would be something along the lines if "oh, in the lore, Spartans have super suits made of self repairing poly rubber so blood would not exit the suit at all" but we all know the real reason: $$$

for Halo 6 I definitely think they need to bring back blood and create more adult related content, I mean, there are A LOT of adults who play Halo. If they want to appeal to the minor fan base, why not just reintroduce the mega block game? Also, GOW is proof that if players don't like gore or adult language, they can just switch it off in the settings.

But hey, common sense doesn't seem to be too common anymore.
Probably not since 343 seem to be targeting a younger demographic.
They took
eviltedi wrote:

Minors are part of Halo's consumer base, unless I'm mistaken and the Halo mega blox game was intended for an adult like me.

This ain't it chief.

Minors have played Halo since its inception. Minors Participated in early Halo tournaments.
<p></p>
Lots of blood please. Red, green, purple, blue. All of it.
They took
eviltedi wrote:

This ain't it chief.

Minors have played Halo since its inception. Minors Participated in early Halo tournaments.
<p></p>
you're talking about the past without considering the present. That was old MLG. Current esports have rules where minors are not allowed to compete in games that are rated Mature, hence why Halo had another incentive to make their game Teen rated. Here is a set of rules for the Las Vegas Esports Arena that clearly states that there are certain restrictions for competitive rated M games:
https://www.luxor.com/content/dam/MGM/luxor/entertainment/attractions/esports-arena/luxor-esports-arena-las-vegas-age-policy.pdf

This is only one arena, and each arena's rules are going to vary depending on where they're at, so obviously 343 took this into consideration when developing a competitive esports game and took the easy route by just making the game rated T, therefore increasing participation at their tournaments.

Sorry, Chief, but this is it. Unless of course you want to present me a compelling argument on why you believe they designed a T rated game, I'm all ears.
Agreed. Hell there are T rated games more violent than halo was before they toned down the blood. I never understood why some of the halo games still got an M rating. Maybe it’s possible to still get a T rating for sales AND have blood. Though to be perfectly honest I’d like to see a halo game that actually deserves an M rating. Bring on the swearing and gore, I say.
...so obviously 343 took this into consideration when developing a competitive esports game and took the easy route by just making the game rated T, therefore increasing participation at their tournaments.
343 don't rate or decide what ratings the games get though, independent bodies review games and then assign a rating for its release
stckrboy wrote:
...so obviously 343 took this into consideration when developing a competitive esports game and took the easy route by just making the game rated T, therefore increasing participation at their tournaments.
343 don't rate or decide what ratings the games get though, independent bodies review games and then assign a rating for its release
That has nothing to do with what I said. I said that they purposely excluded blood and other mature-ish content in their game in order to ensure that it would receive a T rating and they can expand the accessibility of the game to more audiences. This is basic stuff, idk why you're not aware of it. Do you really think it was a just an accident that Halo 5 got a T rating?
For Pete's sake, do you really think that Hot Wheels, Mega Blocs, and Mattel would agree to making Halo toys marketed to younger folk if it was based off a Mature rated video game? lol
You said that 343 made the game T rated, I explained that 343 do not decide game ratings
stckrboy wrote:
You said that 343 made the game T rated, I explained that 343 do not decide game ratings
To be fair though, it's not like the T-rating of Halo 5 came as a suprise for 343i, they were probably aiming for that.
I just want the blood spatter to return to the way it used to be before halo 5 no more no less. In halo 5 I feel like I’m playing as a robot because I rarely ever see any blood
Halo is about the art form. No blood required. Keep it fresh,clean and crisp. Respawning in 8 seconds.... beep, beep, boop.
Halo Infinite should have the option for gore. Some people like it and some do not. A simple switch in the Settings for Gore would awesome. A simple fix for all opinions.
munk07 wrote:
Halo Infinite should have the option for gore. Some people like it and some do not. A simple switch in the Settings for Gore would awesome. A simple fix for all opinions.
I'm not well versed in game development, so I don't know whether or not that would be easy to do. But if so, then yeah I would love to have the option so I can play with gore settings turned on while others who don't like the gore can turn it off.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3