OP Ayy NoVa

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
https://youtu.be/1DrSi5iPCGM
I'd like to see Halo:CE levels of blood return.
Would really enjoy it if some form of the old blood/gore made a return.
You want proves that halo 5 has blood, i have that proves.
I know Halo 5 has blood, but it's so minimal that it might as well not be there. As stated, previous titles have much more, and I would like to see it return to those levels.
Ayy NoVa wrote:
I wonder if blood splatter will return to Halo. I know myself and some others were upset about it being removed due to the rating of the game but that's whack. It should return within Infinite. It's a game based off of super humans/soldiers fighting for humanity with military grade weapons. Not super soakers and nerf guns. One moment you're with your teammate, the next, his helmet getting snapped back and there's a splatter of blood on the wall as a warning to turn your -Yoink- around.
I definitely agree
Please add more blood! Add it to the options menu so we can add however much we want or to turn it off for the kids. The tech should be there since it is 2019 and all.
Please add more blood! Add it to the options menu so we can add however much we want or to turn it off for the kids. The tech should be there since it is 2019 and all.
I'm with you 100% on this. Blood and gore, and bad language can be altered in the options menu. So many games already do it. Halo used to have a fair amount of blood, I want it to return.
I wish they just rated it M but made it clear for minors that if they wanted to play the game without blood, they could turn of blood. Hey, it’s called a T-M setting for a reason
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I'm hopeful it does in the amount that Reach had. It adds to the kind of gritty and militaristic feeling present in the older games, instead of the power rangers in space feeling.
Exactly. Its a spec ops team getting in the mud not power rangers dancing around.
I think it should, I remember when I was a kid playing H2 or even now playing Reach and seeing the Grunts blood or the Hunters and feeling like I was always on gritty and chaotic battlefield. But H5 feels well very different
I think it should, I remember when I was a kid playing H2 or even now playing Reach and seeing the Grunts blood or the Hunters and feeling like I was always on gritty and chaotic battlefield. But H5 feels well very different
but, actually, you can see a lot of blood in the grunts and hunters when you shoot them in halo 5, I understand that people believe that there is no blood because of the lack of splashing when you shoot the spartans and elites, but say that not even the grunts or hunters bleed is a lie, look even at the death scene of "that elite" you can see blood coming out when "that spartan" stabs the knife into his abdomen, and you can even see lots of human blood with the assassination called terminal velocity, if the game was less violent to have a T rating, why did the beta clearly show blood?
Ayy NoVa wrote:
I wonder if blood splatter will return to Halo. I know myself and some others were upset about it being removed due to the rating of the game but that's whack. It should return within Infinite. It's a game based off of super humans/soldiers fighting for humanity with military grade weapons. Not super soakers and nerf guns. One moment you're with your teammate, the next, his helmet getting snapped back and there's a splatter of blood on the wall as a warning to turn your -Yoink- around.
I completely agree
If you had to explain the lack of blood with lore, then youd fall back on the fact that the MP aspect if the game is part of a training simulation for the Spartan IV's. So its semi-logical that blood would be useless to simulate, just remove the downed individual.
but, actually, you can see a lot of blood in the grunts and hunters when you shoot them in halo 5, I understand that people believe that there is no blood because of the lack of splashing when you shoot the spartans and elites, but say that not even the grunts or hunters bleed is a lie, look even at the death scene of "that elite" you can see blood coming out when "that spartan" stabs the knife into his abdomen, and you can even see lots of human blood with the assassination called terminal velocity, if the game was less violent to have a T rating, why did the beta clearly show blood?
The blood in Halo 5 is a lot less visible compared to previous titles. More blood is something I would like. If I had my way I would go full on with decapitations, dismemberment, blood splatter and gore, like DOOM. I have actually enjoyed blowing spartans to pieces in Gears 5. I think Halo Infinite should have the same settings as other games. Enable / disable gore, blood, profanity etc. That way everyone can have the setting they desire.
I personally don't mind one way other other of the visual flare applied when blood splatters when I hit an enemy.

I think the biggest reason for 343i taking away the feature in Halo 5 onward in new releases was a choice made to keep ratings lower, which is completely understandable from a marketing standpoint.

However, if 343i were to add the flood back into halo, like so many theorycrafters are suggesting; this is the case where I would become a little disappointing without seeing a little flare or flash of blood here and there. The flood literally consume and pilot the bodies of their victims. If there isn't blood showing at this point, it would come off far too cartoonish at that point.
Profesnol wrote:
I personally don't mind one way other other of the visual flare applied when blood splatters when I hit an enemy.

I think the biggest reason for 343i taking away the feature in Halo 5 onward in new releases was a choice made to keep ratings lower, which is completely understandable from a marketing standpoint.However, if 343i were to add the flood back into halo, like so many theorycrafters are suggesting; this is the case where I would become a little disappointing without seeing a little flare or flash of blood here and there. The flood literally consume and pilot the bodies of their victims. If there isn't blood showing at this point, it would come off far too cartoonish at that point.
I do not agree with the bold bit. If a game is good it will sell, regardless of rating. God of War, Spiderman, Witcher 3, DOOM 2016, Borderlands 3, RDR2, Gears 5. All those games and many others have sold well, or surpassed expectation because they're good games, all except Spiderman are rated 18 here in the UK. Halo Infinite will sell if it's good. As stated I hope Halo does go back to more blood, and I agree with the point you made about the flood.
Older Halo games had lot of blood,especially Halo CE.It was much more fun when you shoot Elites and Grunts and their alien blood splash on the walls and floor.Halo comics and books have a lot of blood in it too.
Modod wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
I'm all for blood and gore back, it was another thing that was removed without reason imo. I don't think we were ever told why it was removed. Halo 5 was too clean looking, the shiney Spartans looked odd too, a bit grit and a bucket of blood would work wonders for me.
They removed it for ESBR rating reasons.

Yes totally in favour of the return of gore. Hell gimme a spnkr and fuelrod that gib while your at it!
Yes. Although I feel it’s highly unlikely, I’d love to see some gib action. Stick someone’s leg or arm and watch it go flying off their body
I'm hopeful it does in the amount that Reach had. It adds to the kind of gritty and militaristic feeling present in the older games, instead of the power rangers in space feeling.
The only gritty Halo games were Reach and, to an extent, 2. The others were fairly... colorful and sleek. And I like that. Makes Halo stand out against the other generic military shooters.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4