Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Blood level

OP MineralienHD

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Hi guys

What do you think will the blood level be?
I doubt that we'll ever have something like in CE again but I hope that we don't get anything like halo 5 with... any blood at all?
Most ppl speculate that the flood will be a part in infinite and the flood without a single pixel of blood or rather green goo would be just weird wouldn't it?
Depends on the ESRB and PEGI rating that it’s going to get. If 343 is planning to bring the flood back in any sort of substantial way, a T (12+) rating seems unlikely. However, if 343 is pursuing the same artisctic goals as Halo 5, then forget about any blood or mature themes.
I don't think the amount of blood in a Halo game has ever contributed in a meaningful way to the quality of the game overall. If keeping blood out means that more players will play the game thanks to a T instead of M rating from ESRB? Good trade off as far as I'm concerned. In truth I've always felt a T is a better rating for the overall content of the Halo series.

So, I don't especially care personally if it comes back at all. I won't really mind if it does, either- it's just never been an integral part of Halo to me.
As an OG fan, I would prefer the blood and gore to return, because that's what I grew up with. That said, there are plenty of people who got into Halo many years after I did and don't care that much about blood and gore.

This has been mentioned in a previous thread, but I don't think the ESRB rating weighs blood and violence as heavily as people think. If I recall correctly, the older games got the M rating thanks in large part to offensive language. I mean green goop from the Flood isn't blood, so I don't think the ESRB cares all that much about it. I could be wrong, but that's my two cents.

Regardless of blood or no blood, I really hope 343 is focusing more on a well written story than on what rating they can get.
Regardless of blood or no blood, I really hope 343 is focusing more on a well written story than on what rating they can get.
Can’t agree enough. Out of all the things that can / will change from 5 to Infinite, the level of blood is so low on my list of concerns. Hopefully most people will be fine with whatever they settle on. Hoping to get genuine criticisms when the game comes out instead of nitpicks
I doubt that we'll ever have something like in CE again
Why not? I want to paint the ground purple and cyan like we always used to.
The amount of blood was something I noticed and liked when playing H2A.
As an OG fan, I would prefer the blood and gore to return, because that's what I grew up with. That said, there are plenty of people who got into Halo many years after I did and don't care that much about blood and gore.

This has been mentioned in a previous thread, but I don't think the ESRB rating weighs blood and violence as heavily as people think. If I recall correctly, the older games got the M rating thanks in large part to offensive language. I mean green goop from the Flood isn't blood, so I don't think the ESRB cares all that much about it. I could be wrong, but that's my two cents.

There wasnt enough bad language in those games to warrant an M rating.The flood definitely had to do with that rating
I literally paint the walls with the blood of my enemies.
If keeping blood out means that more players will play the game thanks to a T instead of M rating from ESRB? Good trade off as far as I'm concerned.

That's simply not accurate. The rating does not dictate the player base numbers or sales. Red Dead Redemption has sold 24 million copies. It's a mature game with graphic content, same with God of War, CoD Blackout and countless other 18+ / M rated games I could list. The quality of the game and demand will sell it, the rating has little, if anything to do with it imo. I want blood back in Halo, it's another thing that was removed, and if I had my way I would go full dismemberment, decapitions and the rest. However, I'll settle for a return to Halo CE levels of blood.
I don't think you should imply that people who don't care for blood are new to the games. I'm sure there are plenty of people who've beaten the corpse of an Elite in CE long enough that the framerate gets halved, but don't care about blood. Because the reality of the situation is that, sure, that's fun, but it's really not all that relevant for the experience. Apart from trying to break the game and doing weird art projects, there is really no value in enemies spraying massive amounts of blood. It really just makes the violence look more exaggerated and cartoony, which you may or may not like, but I personally don't care for much one way or the other.

Language isn't the deciding factor. CE doesn't even have the "Language" content descriptor and Halo 3 has "Mild Language", the same as Halo 5, and so on. There's no single reason why Halo games other than Halo 5 are M rated. For the original trilogy Flood gives the "Blood and Gore" content descriptor instead of just "Blood", which may possibly by ESRB's internal guidelines elevate the game to M. Then again, Reach and 4 only have "Blood", but are still M, though Halo 4 may be explained by the human disintegration cutscene. It's also possible that the amount of visible blood affected the rating because it's mentioned in the rating summaries for both Halo Reach and 4, but is not mentioned in the summary for Halo 5.
Hi guys

What do you think will the blood level be?
I doubt that we'll ever have something like in CE again but I hope that we don't get anything like halo 5 with... any blood at all?
Halo 5's Campaign does have blood in it.Just not as much as the likes of CE and 2.
Make Halo Great Again (Halo needs to return to its M rating) Sure kids can't buy it but halos biggest overall customer base is adults. Imagine halo with a gears of war type gore. Limbs and everything can be blown off.
It would be cool if they had an option to Turn On/Turn Off gore. Those you want it can have it. Those who don't, won't.
If it was reintroduced, it would be even cooler if you could alter the blood color as a customization option. Either bleed red, blue, rainbow, or burst into confetti like in Halo Reach.
Dunno about ESRB, but in the case of PEGI the rating was definitely based on the blood, gore and mature themes. H3 and (I believe) Reach as well got an 18+ rating under USK because of the suicide Grunts. EA back in the day even had to change the suicide troops in C&C to not get banned.

Every country has it's own rules, here in Italy nudity doesn't get censored nearly as much as violence while Austria tends to do the opposite and Germany goes the extra mile when it comes to depictions of terrorism. As such I wouldn't focus the discussion so much on the rating as for the artistic choices. Personally I'm sick and tired of the "Power Rangers" vibe I got from H4 and especially H5G. I believe a more gritty representation of the battlefield - at least in SP - would help a ton to avoid this frankly.
I'd love to have that again, was a game within a game.
Make Halo Great Again (Halo needs to return to its M rating) Sure kids can't buy it but halos biggest overall customer base is adults. Imagine halo with a gears of war type gore. Limbs and everything can be blown off.
Halo has always been a soft M of a game, and there is a lot of counter-mature content to the game aesthetics, for example you are never supposed to kill of fight against UNSC enemies (even when playing as the arbiter) during the story/campaign. Although I do believe a T rating would constrict the gameplay even more (I still want to be able to play as a Brute stomping some UNSC marines and crewmen) however the big issue is will the T rating also be forced to apply to the DLC. Can you have M rated DLC to a T rated game? If not then yes keep it M and the T in H5 was a stupid mistake much like the Hollywood suits making sure AvP was PG-13 rated movie. Correct me if I am wrong but is the a direct correlation that a M rated game will sell fewer units?
Halo has always been a soft M of a game, and there is a lot of counter-mature content to the game aesthetics, for example you are never supposed to kill of fight against UNSC enemies (even when playing as the arbiter) during the story/campaign. Although I do believe a T rating would constrict the gameplay even more (I still want to be able to play as a Brute stomping some UNSC marines and crewmen) however the big issue is will the T rating also be forced to apply to the DLC. Can you have M rated DLC to a T rated game? If not then yes keep it M and the T in H5 was a stupid mistake much like the Hollywood suits making sure AvP was PG-13 rated movie. Correct me if I am wrong but is the a direct correlation that a M rated game will sell fewer units?
Will a M rated game sell fewer units? Please look to GTA and Red Dead Redemption games as a perfect example that no, M rated will not sell fewer. In fact those rated M games are some of the best selling games of all time. Now if some game companies think M rating means less sales, then we must show them this example lol
Imagine halo with a gears of war type gore. Limbs and everything can be blown off.
I imagine: seems somewhat tonally out of place, and mostly unnecessary. Halo isn't exactly a gritty game about the horrors of war that hammers home the trauma and suffering of it at every instance, neither is it a game to use violence for pure shock value without greater purpose, nor is it a game to use exaggerated violence to sell the absurdity of the game world. These three are about all the reasons I can think of why a game designer would want to use excessive gore in their game. Halo has always had fairly mild depiction of violence because it's meant to be hopeful. Too graphic violence would make it too dark. Overall, I don't see anything of value that more gore would add to my experience.
I hope in blood like halo ce. And an option for remov it, if you want
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2