Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Blood level

OP MineralienHD

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
tsassi wrote:
Imagine halo with a gears of war type gore. Limbs and everything can be blown off.
I imagine: seems somewhat tonally out of place, and mostly unnecessary. Halo isn't exactly a gritty game about the horrors of war that hammers home the trauma and suffering of it at every instance, neither is it a game to use violence for pure shock value without greater purpose, nor is it a game to use exaggerated violence to sell the absurdity of the game world. These three are about all the reasons I can think of why a game designer would want to use excessive gore in their game. Halo has always had fairly mild depiction of violence because it's meant to be hopeful. Too graphic violence would make it too dark. Overall, I don't see anything of value that more gore would add to my experience.
Halo is a violent game whichever you put it, it's entire premise is killing. Nothing exaggerated, but if you shoot a grunt with a tank and it doesn't do anything other than make it play dead with no other visuals, well just saying. Hopefully it's like CE and shows human and alien blood, cause you know well things have blood. We're not all a bunch of robots. Just cause a game is "dark" doesn't mean its going to be a bad game, in fact a "dark" halo game would be the perfect setting for bringing back the flood.
tsassi wrote:
Imagine halo with a gears of war type gore. Limbs and everything can be blown off.
I imagine: seems somewhat tonally out of place, and mostly unnecessary. Halo isn't exactly a gritty game about the horrors of war that hammers home the trauma and suffering of it at every instance, neither is it a game to use violence for pure shock value without greater purpose, nor is it a game to use exaggerated violence to sell the absurdity of the game world. These three are about all the reasons I can think of why a game designer would want to use excessive gore in their game. Halo has always had fairly mild depiction of violence because it's meant to be hopeful. Too graphic violence would make it too dark. Overall, I don't see anything of value that more gore would add to my experience.
Halo is a violent game whichever you put it, it's entire premise is killing. Nothing exaggerated, but if you shoot a grunt with a tank and it doesn't do anything other than make it play dead with no other visuals, well just saying. Hopefully it's like CE and shows human and alien blood, cause you know well things have blood. We're not all a bunch of robots. Just cause a game is "dark" doesn't mean its going to be a bad game, in fact a "dark" halo game would be the perfect setting for bringing back the flood.
Well, Super Mario is a violent game. Its entire premise is killing. There are obviously different levels of depiction of violence from enemies simply popping out of existence to their body parts flying off. If you're not familiar with that concept and don't understand its significance for establishing the tone of the game, it's going to be difficult to have a meaningful discussion. However, I'm going to say that I don't want Halo Infinite to be dark. Thankfully the trailer gives no reason to worry.

On the subject of blood, if you want CE levels of blood, an appeal to realism is the wrong way to go about it. Because you know when you hit or shoot a body encased in thick armor, massive amounts of blood don't come shooting out. In fact, with blunt force, you get absolutely no blood out of the body because all damage is contained by the armor. On the other hand, in shooting at most a small amount of whatever tissue the bullet went through will come out of a potential exit wound. Majority of damage will again be contained by the armor. If there is no exit wound, there's no airborne blood to be expected. In this sense, Halo 5 with its smaller amounts of blood actually depicts damage more realistically than CE.
I just hope it’s on same level of blood as previous halo games, no more no less. The lack of gore in halo 5 is one of the small things that really bothers me.
I believe the blood level in the game should be the high. The highest it has ever been in a Halo game. Make the game Mature and not a Teen rating. I want a serious Halo. Not a sci fi campy Halo.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2