Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Blue Team coming back in Halo Infinite?

OP TanEugene94

What are the chances of Blue Team coming back in the upcoming Halo Infinite? I really want to see the Master Chief interact with Kelly, Linda and Frederic again in Halo Infinite.
Honestly pretty low imo. 343 have stated they are trying to tell a more simplified story for casual fans to jump into the series. Adding in a bunch of EU characters, even ones that were in H5, might go against those intentions. They might get a mention for the purpose of explaining why they aren't in the game, but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't get mentioned at all.
I've mulled this over a bit recently, and have come to the conclusion that additional characters may draw away from the conflict at the core of this game. Character interactions would be a cool thing, but having them at your side all the time would detract from the story. As much as I would love to see Locke return, I'd rather see him, and any other supporting cast members in thier own game. That way they could be fully fleshed out and realized. Give us more of a reason to care.
It’s not looking good for blue teams inclusion at the moment, but I can’t stress how much I hope I’m wrong about it. I want them to be in infinite SOOOO bad.
I think the Blue team will not be present in Halo infinite because, in all trailer, We see the master chief alone.
What are the chances of Blue Team coming back in the upcoming Halo Infinite? I really want to see the Master Chief interact with Kelly, Linda and Frederic again in Halo Infinite.
Bless your heart, OP. Truly. And trust me there's nothing I would like more than to see Chief stay with his teammates, as he's meant to be...But unfortunately 343i has given every indication they are abandoning all the promises they made about treating Blue Team right and introducing them to the games. It's hard to say if we'll ever see the Chief interact with them again in the current timeline. 😞
I honestly hope they do make a return, I absolutely adored them to bits. But if they don't hopefully we'll see them in an upcoming game. It was nice having them around in Halo 5 :)

Considering though, that symbolism and imagery seem to be playing a big part in the way 343i reveals details, visuals, and over all content? It looks like we may be without co-pilots for this adventure (save for the occasional squad of Marines, Spartans, and maybe Elites we might get mission to mission, and maybe Pilot McBeardy! :D).
After people complained about the fact we had a team with us, having Blue Team around 24/7's unlikely to happen :/
Shame, but there IS still a small chance they might tag along here and there. After all in Reach we didn't always have the entire Noble Team with us at all times (When they were uh, all active I mean) and the "Marine Squads" were only in a few missions. So, theoretically speaking, Blue Team could still stick around for a while but not being present ALL the time.

On the othr hand, Buck's probably not gonna be back due to how "Bad Blood" turned out; but I do hope they still have him as an announcer - I neeeed his voice it's just too good.
"Are they letting you kill them??"
"Tell me that was on purpose!"
"Hah! Treachery!"
"Hoho, ain't that a shame..."
"Ya know, I thought you'd be able to pull it off in the nick of time, like a Spartan. I guess I was mistaken."
On that last one, heh I just love how venomous he gets when you lose games of Warzone Assault as the attackers, it's just beautiful.