Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

BLUE TEAM IN INFINITE.

OP Kono Dio Da1635

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
FIRST OF ALL SORRY FOR ANY GRAMMAR MISTAKES.

Honestly, I want to see The Blue Team back again
If there's something I really like about Halo 5 was the Blue team.
They only had 3 missions, but for those who read the novels it was like a dream just see them on action.

What do you think about bringing back the Blue Team in Halo Infinite?.
even if we can't play with them
Yes I couldn’t agree more! I loved having them in game and also by your side in the campaign. Having blue team and squad of Spartans with you during gameplay was something I’ve wanted for a long time and would hate to see it go.
I'd love to have them back. The writers of H5 did not do a great job for Blue Team's first game appearance. Now, with a new narrative lead, I hope to see them given another chance to be portrayed properly. I believe the guy who wrote for the Arkham games is writing for Infinite, so I'm hoping to see some good stuff!
I'm really hoping they make a return in Infinite. Having Blue Team around was the best thing to ever happen and it was nice to have some help when my friend is off killing some bad guys and my dumb butt goes down to something stupid. The Linda AI was probably my best friend; it didn't matter where I was or how far away I was, if I went down, she was hauling rear across the battlefield to come pick me up. (Meanwhile Fred kept getting stuck on things and Kelly always made her way over to me so slowly while being meleed to death.)
I'm really hoping they make a return in Infinite. Having Blue Team around was the best thing to ever happen and it was nice to have some help when my friend is off killing some bad guys and my dumb butt goes down to something stupid. The Linda AI was probably my best friend; it didn't matter where I was or how far away I was, if I went down, she was hauling rear across the battlefield to come pick me up. (Meanwhile Fred kept getting stuck on things and Kelly always made her way over to me so slowly while being meleed to death.)
The community ship Linda with the Chief.
When cortana tried to get closer, linda try to protect the chief, while Fred and Kelly didn't anything.

Now with this comment of yours....
Now that I remenber, she was the one that pick me up most of the times.
agreed it was great to see them in live action format rather than continue to be relegated to other forms of media.

I still felt Blue team in Halo 5 was a bit lacking but hopefully halo infinite brings the team back in a big way for them much like how they were in the novels as the "Dream team" to sort any issue that came their way big or small. I'd say Halo 5 touched on it but never bridged the gap of blue team and master chief like the opening mission/cutscenes for Blue team and the chief that kind of chemistry/commitment to each other if that kept up sure I'd loved it even more.

I'd even Dare 343 to pass the spotlight onto Blue team as a whole rather than focus inwardly just on the chief.
Red team
Douglas, Alice, Jerome meet up with a much older Blue team since Red team was in cryo alot longer. Blue team is shocked to see the washouts alive in old battered mark 4 armor. Even with older equipment there prime age makes them more effective.
I'd like to have a bunch of returning characters come back. Even if they aren't Split-Screen playable. Just have Blue Team help out for a couple missions as AI. Arbiter shows up to lend a hand. Oh damn, there's Red Team, let's help them out for a bit. Majestic... they can be somewhere. I guess. Osiris deserves a shot at being liked.
It would be cool 4 the main playable character to have flashbacks, a bit like ODST, 4 chief to flashback to his training with blue team and when he was a kid, while you are playing through their training
Red team
Douglas, Alice, Jerome meet up with a much older Blue team since Red team was in cryo alot longer. Blue team is shocked to see the washouts alive in old battered mark 4 armor. Even with older equipment there prime age makes them more effective.
The beauty of it is; that since Red Team was MIA all this time and still literally 20 years old, the newer technology and bioengineering and what not could potentially let them even surpass that of Blue Team at their current age. (Though, age is honestly irrelevant to a Spartan, even Halsey doesn't know how long they'll live. Though it may seem unrealistic, they could live as long as Forerunners did for all we know.)
100% YES (does anyone really answer no to this?).

More missions, with far greater importance put on Blue Team as a whole. If the first mission or two isn't with the aim of linking back up with the rest on Blue Team, it will frankly be a missed opportunity to have brought them back in H5 at all.
To be honest, my answer would be no.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that there are still Spartan II's around, but I dont want them to be around in Infinite. 3 invulnerable characters cause several issues in my opinion. Well, the first one already has been mentioned - they are invulnerable. Means that your decisions are not as important as they should be, you can play way more reckless and the battlefield gets way more chaotic.
Another issue I have is: So, you have 3 characters all the time around you. You always have to give them some dialogues in any given situation, which totally kills the vibes of mystery, discovery and adventure in my eyes. Either you build them up, or they get labeled as boring characters.

I mean I don't know how to put in words, but I'd rather just have marines as an ally and not specific characters. Characters that can actually die, so my decisions are more important. If I play reckless, my allies will die. There's always a feeling of discovery when you travel alone or with NPCs that have less knowledge than you.

Maybe there will be a mission (only time will tell), where you have to engage a "huge battle" alongside invulnerable characters (whether it's a spartan or Arbiter) but I really hope that it's limited to one mission.

I'd really like to discover things on my own and I don't really need reactions from other characters all the time. Let the terminals do that.
This doesn't automatically mean that Infinite shouldn't flesh out any given character. But they should be used at the right time & in the right place.
Before someone comes up with Reach as an argument - Reach was from the ground up labeled as this "huge battle", where you had to fend off the largest Covenant invasion of all time. Unlike Infinite, it's not really about discovery / mystery on a foreign planet.

But this is just my personal opinion.
I’d like them in because otherwise their removal would be 343 failing to learn from a bad habit of theirs: they give up and remove things from their story that aren’t 100% immediately.
x Daek wrote:
To be honest, my answer would be no.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that there are still Spartan II's around, but I dont want them to be around in Infinite. 3 invulnerable characters cause several issues in my opinion. Well, the first one already has been mentioned - they are invulnerable. Means that your decisions are not as important as they should be, you can play way more reckless and the battlefield gets way more chaotic.
Unless they treat it like Reach where they're only around until they aren't.
in agreement, more blue team missions, less osiris missions XD
I wouldn’t mind having them back in the story, but I hope the squad mechanics die with Halo 5. At most they should just be occasional allies you stumble across in the campaign like the marine squads
I would like them back as well. I would be lying though if I didn't say I feel like they were implemented poorly in 5. I also think I wouldn't want them in every mission, maybe have solo and Blue team missions?
Bless your heart, OP. I mean that sincerely. And trust me there's nothing I would like more than to see Chief stay with his teammates, as he's meant to be...But unfortunately 343i has given every indication they are abandoning all the promises they made about treating Blue Team right and introducing them to the games. It's hard to say if we'll ever see the Chief interact with them again in the current timeline. 😞

That said, keep on fighting for them to get their fair chance! 343i is counting on people to just forget Blue Team and all the wrong that was done to them in H5, and if we don't let that happen things might just work out better for them. If they can fix the MCC, they can & should fix this too.
Yeah. It would be cool if Chief went looking for them after his return. Linda and Kelly would still be together, but Fred would become an angry drunk.
Well yes, but actually no. They have to be explained somehow, if they aren't featured, and I hope to god they don't just off screen kill them all. At the same time however, I don't want them to be a big part of the campaign. In all honesty, I hope they bring back Arbiter as a secondary protagonist instead. Now, including them would be fine, but having three other Spartans around at all times was... not good in Halo 5. There's a reason most missions in Halo Reach only had you paired with one other Spartan. It detracts from Halo's sense of isolation. Suddenly Chief doesn't feel all that important when you have three other just as well trained, strong, and fast Spartans along for the ride. Kind of why I hate Spartan IV's but that's another matter all together.

Basically, yes. Include them, but not as main characters. I have wondered how 343i is going to go about them and Osiris, but we'll see in due time.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2