Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Bring Back a Rare Armor

OP GrantAnt97

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Remember when like 0.001% of the Halo population had Recon Armor?

Yeah, Halo Infinite needs that. Halo 3 Recon was so cool back in the day. I'd literally get adrenaline rushes when I got matched with kids with recon because it was so rare lol.
I really want them to bring back the Noble Team armors and the Reach helmets from Classic Helmets REQ pack!
Originally only bungie employees had recon armor, eventually by doing some insane challenges through ODST everyone was able to get it. The idea of bringing back armor that you could only get through challenges is something I'm very hopeful for.
Originally only bungie employees had recon armor, eventually by doing some insane challenges through ODST everyone was able to get it. The idea of bringing back armor that you could only get through challenges is something I'm very hopeful for.
They did that with Helioskrill in H5, but then they took away it's exclusivity. Kinda horse-blam!-, if you ask me.
I think they should do that but I dont think they should with recon but with a new awesome looking armor.
Its not about what we want. Its about selling loot boxes. Your armors are now behind a really cool paywall and the over saturation of those loot boxes is what makes the armors exclusive!!!!........
Bring back the hayabusa/katana armor
Honestly? A Hybrid system between Halo 3 and Halo: Reach's armor unlocks could work quite nicely.
  • Have the Credit system in place for the majority of armor, like in Halo: Reach
  • Have certain armor tied to getting achievements, like the Vidmaster Challenges, or completing campaign on different difficulties
And if they want to try a commendation-based unlock, have something similar to Achilles, but something solo-able. Maybe have a few commendation-based unlocks as well, just so there's actually a reason to go for them, rather than just to say you've done it.

And if they absolutely have to have microtransactions, as long as it's purely cosmetic, I'm sure people won't mind.
Wetworks will always be my favourite :)
Not quite. The flame effect around the helmets was the armour that only Bungie employees had. Recon was what they gave out to people in the Halo community who impressed them i.e. people who made great videos/forge maps/etc.
I hope the rogue helmet returns. Also id love a vid master style achievement reward back in the form of a helmet.
Bodehn wrote:
Honestly? A Hybrid system between Halo 3 and Halo: Reach's armor unlocks could work quite nicely.
  • Have the Credit system in place for the majority of armor, like in Halo: Reach
  • Have certain armor tied to getting achievements, like the Vidmaster Challenges, or completing campaign on different difficulties
And if they want to try a commendation-based unlock, have something similar to Achilles, but something solo-able. Maybe have a few commendation-based unlocks as well, just so there's actually a reason to go for them, rather than just to say you've done it.

And if they absolutely have to have microtransactions, as long as it's purely cosmetic, I'm sure people won't mind.
So the Halo 4 system?
I think they should do it with Recon and a bunch of other armors so that the player has to do a certain challenge to earn a certain armor.
Here's a idea, make cheif halo 4 armor as a rare armor to earn but that will probably never happen
I like this idea! Totally would no-life to earn the armor XD
Bodehn wrote:

So the Halo 4 system?
Halo 4 didn't really have the Credit system though, did it? I seem to recall it being more "reach this level" for most armor, with skins being tied to commendations.
Bodehn wrote:
Bodehn wrote:

So the Halo 4 system?
Halo 4 didn't really have the Credit system though, did it? I seem to recall it being more "reach this level" for most armor, with skins being tied to commendations.
Not just skin. Some of the best Halo 4 armor is locked behind commendations.
A rare armor would be nice. Tie it into the achievements much like the vidmaster ones.
GRD helmet for Vidmaster 4.0.
Bodehn wrote:

That's what everybody wants (minus the microtransactions), but that loot boxes 💰💰💰 is too tempting for 343. Easy work, easy money.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2