Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

[Locked] Bring back classic mechanics or no H6 for me !!!!!

OP OxDaV

If you agree pass it on...Tell everybody

If halo infinite doesn't have classic movement back I'm NOT buying it.

I'm tired of sprint and abilities that promote reckless gameplay which rewards noobs.There are obviously other reasons but those are the most important ones.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Even though i much prefer the classic movement, if the game is otherwise well done its not going to be a dealbreaker for me.

But if you are serious such devotion to your cause is, to some degree, admirable. So good for you.
Fingers crossed that there will be classic mechanics even though i highly doubt it.
speedyjr11 wrote:
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Please at least make a good argument why you prefer sprint and abilities? I'll help you .Go to YouTube watch,fayvn,act man, ect why sprint doesn't belong in halo (It's not opinion anymore, it has been proven 100 times over and over again)
I sold my xbox a while ago because i mostlu play pc. I only buy xbox for halo but because of the direction 343 takes halo im done with the franchise. It will take alot to bring me back they need to remove all these stupid abilities
OxDaV wrote:
speedyjr11 wrote:
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Please at least make a good argument why you prefer sprint and abilities? I'll help you .Go to YouTube watch,fayvn,act man, ect why sprint doesn't belong in halo (It's not opinion anymore, it has been proven 100 times over and over again)
There are fewer falsifiable statements one can make about sprint than you think there are, and of those even fewer have been proven beyond reasonable doubtt. Whether sprint belongs in Halo or not is not an objective question, because what it means to "belong in Halo" has not been defined with sufficient level of rigor. The question is no less subjective than whether salad dressing belongs in a salad or not.

Also, while you're waiting for arguments in favor of sprint, you might want to flesh out your arguments against sprint. After all, surely you don't expect commenters to put any more effort into their responses than you have put in your OP?
I sold my xbox a while ago because i mostlu play pc. I only buy xbox for halo but because of the direction 343 takes halo im done with the franchise. It will take alot to bring me back they need to remove all these stupid abilities
then why are you here if your done with the franchise as you claim?
tsassi wrote:
OxDaV wrote:
speedyjr11 wrote:
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Please at least make a good argument why you prefer sprint and abilities? I'll help you .Go to YouTube watch,fayvn,act man, ect why sprint doesn't belong in halo (It's not opinion anymore, it has been proven 100 times over and over again)
There are fewer falsifiable statements one can make about sprint than you think there are, and of those even fewer have been proven beyond reasonable doubtt. Whether sprint belongs in Halo or not is not an objective question, because what it means to "belong in Halo" has not been defined with sufficient level of rigor. The question is no less subjective than whether salad dressing belongs in a salad or not.

Also, while you're waiting for arguments in favor of sprint, you might want to flesh out your arguments against sprint. After all, surely you don't expect commenters to put any more effort into their responses than you have put in your OP?
Just hoping here, that you wont just start a chain of comments about just sprint when topic mentioned both sprint and abilities.

And topic mainly seems to be more about statement of the OP not buying the game if there are what in this case could be called "wrong" mechanics for OP.

Just hoping that topics wont get derailed or shrinked to one of the details.

Though i agree on that people should make real arguments and add that telling people to watch some youtuber is not an argument, at least a good one. When even a video or preferably the point in video is not specified.

But not going to continue about sprint since there already is a megathread about that and it seems to be just a detail here.
So getting back on track.
I sold my xbox a while ago because i mostlu play pc. I only buy xbox for halo but because of the direction 343 takes halo im done with the franchise. It will take alot to bring me back they need to remove all these stupid abilities
then why are you here if your done with the franchise as you claim?
Obviously humans have this interesting feeling called "hope" which in this case could be relevant.
tsassi wrote:
OxDaV wrote:
speedyjr11 wrote:
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Please at least make a good argument why you prefer sprint and abilities? I'll help you .Go to YouTube watch,fayvn,act man, ect why sprint doesn't belong in halo (It's not opinion anymore, it has been proven 100 times over and over again)
There are fewer falsifiable statements one can make about sprint than you think there are, and of those even fewer have been proven beyond reasonable doubtt. Whether sprint belongs in Halo or not is not an objective question, because what it means to "belong in Halo" has not been defined with sufficient level of rigor. The question is no less subjective than whether salad dressing belongs in a salad or not.

Also, while you're waiting for arguments in favor of sprint, you might want to flesh out your arguments against sprint. After all, surely you don't expect commenters to put any more effort into their responses than you have put in your OP?
Just hoping here, that you wont just start a chain of comments about just sprint when topic mentioned both sprint and abilities.

And topic mainly seems to be more about statement of the OP not buying the game if there are what in this case could be called "wrong" mechanics for OP.

Just hoping that topics wont get derailed or shrinked to one of the details.

Though i agree on that people should make real arguments and add that telling people to watch some youtuber is not an argument, at least a good one. When even a video or preferably the point in video is not specified.

But not going to continue about sprint since there already is a megathread about that and it seems to be just a detail here.
So getting back on track.
Sorry, I want the discussion to revolve around sprint just as little as you do, and I've actively tried to write my posts such as to steer away from sprint and to consider advanced movement in general. But if I'm not careful, my brain still defaults on sprint, having discussed about it so much, and this time I was too fixated on the validity of OP's claims to notice. Mind you, it didn't help that the OP put the emphasis on sprint in the post.
tsassi wrote:
tsassi wrote:
OxDaV wrote:
speedyjr11 wrote:
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Please at least make a good argument why you prefer sprint and abilities? I'll help you .Go to YouTube watch,fayvn,act man, ect why sprint doesn't belong in halo (It's not opinion anymore, it has been proven 100 times over and over again)
There are fewer falsifiable statements one can make about sprint than you think there are, and of those even fewer have been proven beyond reasonable doubtt. Whether sprint belongs in Halo or not is not an objective question, because what it means to "belong in Halo" has not been defined with sufficient level of rigor. The question is no less subjective than whether salad dressing belongs in a salad or not.

Also, while you're waiting for arguments in favor of sprint, you might want to flesh out your arguments against sprint. After all, surely you don't expect commenters to put any more effort into their responses than you have put in your OP?
Just hoping here, that you wont just start a chain of comments about just sprint when topic mentioned both sprint and abilities.

And topic mainly seems to be more about statement of the OP not buying the game if there are what in this case could be called "wrong" mechanics for OP.

Just hoping that topics wont get derailed or shrinked to one of the details.

Though i agree on that people should make real arguments and add that telling people to watch some youtuber is not an argument, at least a good one. When even a video or preferably the point in video is not specified.

But not going to continue about sprint since there already is a megathread about that and it seems to be just a detail here.
So getting back on track.
Sorry, I want the discussion to revolve around sprint just as little as you do, and I've actively tried to write my posts such as to steer away from sprint and to consider advanced movement in general. But if I'm not careful, my brain still defaults on sprint, having discussed about it so much, and this time I was too fixated on the validity of OP's claims to notice. Mind you, it didn't help that the OP put the emphasis on sprint in the post.
I know what you mean, it has been discussed since Halo: Reach and it sometimes feels automatic.
Not that i can claim to be high and mighty, I have derailed from topic more than once. Its just human.

But I guess from your post that "new mechanics" as a whole in possibly any form from between Halo: Reach and H5g is not a dealbreaker for you. Obviously you can correct me if im wrong.

But would you happen to have a preference? I know its a bit on the side of a topic but just curious. And i highlight for people, this is not the point in topic unless OP writes so in edit or such.
I know what you mean, it has been discussed since Halo: Reach and it sometimes feels automatic.
Not that i can claim to be high and mighty, I have derailed from topic more than once. Its just human.

But I guess from your post that "new mechanics" as a whole in possibly any form from between Halo: Reach and H5g is not a dealbreaker for you. Obviously you can correct me if im wrong.

But would you happen to have a preference? I know its a bit on the side of a topic but just curious. And i highlight for people, this is not the point in topic unless OP writes so in edit or such.
New mechanics in any form between Reach and Halo 5 is quite broad. Do you mean that I can pick and choose indidividual mechanics, or that I must take any given game as a package deal? Because the latter gets pretty dealbreaking while the former seems like I could pick whatever I had the least problems with, especially if the implementation doesn't have to follow any particular game. I mean, Reach was quite fun once you removed bloom and loadouts and just put everything on the map.

But I guess that kind of answers your question: when it comes to the gameplay of Halo, I'd put myself quite comfortably to the conservative side. I think the principles of classic Halo gameplay (which, by the way, are totally a matter of interpretation) are a sound base for how Halo should play. That doesn't mean I want Halo Infinite to do nothing the original trilogy didn't do (let alone to be completely influenced by any one game in the trilogy), but it does mean that advanced movement following the philosophy of Halo 5 does not belong in Halo as far as I'm concerned.
I'm curious. Do you think 343 will go back to classic mechanics after seeing this thread? Also, what makes you such an important customer that they would make their decisions based on your threat and also disregard the people who do like modern abilities?
tsassi wrote:
I know what you mean, it has been discussed since Halo: Reach and it sometimes feels automatic.
Not that i can claim to be high and mighty, I have derailed from topic more than once. Its just human.

But I guess from your post that "new mechanics" as a whole in possibly any form from between Halo: Reach and H5g is not a dealbreaker for you. Obviously you can correct me if im wrong.

But would you happen to have a preference? I know its a bit on the side of a topic but just curious. And i highlight for people, this is not the point in topic unless OP writes so in edit or such.
New mechanics in any form between Reach and Halo 5 is quite broad. Do you mean that I can pick and choose indidividual mechanics, or that I must take any given game as a package deal? Because the latter gets pretty dealbreaking while the former seems like I could pick whatever I had the least problems with, especially if the implementation doesn't have to follow any particular game. I mean, Reach was quite fun once you removed bloom and loadouts and just put everything on the map.

But I guess that kind of answers your question: when it comes to the gameplay of Halo, I'd put myself quite comfortably to the conservative side. I think the principles of classic Halo gameplay (which, by the way, are totally a matter of interpretation) are a sound base for how Halo should play. That doesn't mean I want Halo Infinite to do nothing the original trilogy didn't do (let alone to be completely influenced by any one game in the trilogy), but it does mean that advanced movement following the philosophy of Halo 5 does not belong in Halo as far as I'm concerned.
Basically i meant both as in forms of mechanics from example games as they were implemented in them and as individual pieces of mechanics.

But lets put that this way, if the game is otherwise good, would some form of game mechanics ,that you can think of, be a dealbreaker for you?

And that did answer the question about preference but the "interpretation" made it a bit vague. How i understood it was that you prefer some form classic (which is the part where "interpretation" part makes it vague, as in is your thought of "classic" same as mine) over at least the H5g style of mechanics.
So would that happen to be correct & and is your image of "classic" mechanics be something like pre- Halo 3 or pre Halo: Reach or something like that (Halo 3 was basically classical + the equipment)?
We have a number of topics discussing the re-introduction of classic mechanics, feel free to continue there. This one has been going for a few days for example:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/29568daf8cd14083bd1b70a810bf3581/topics/the-return-of-classic-movement-mechanics/dbb9e311-d2f8-48b5-9826-259bffe75cac/posts