Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Bring Back Map/Variant Voting

OP Rover09

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Does anyone else miss having the ability to vote for a map and game variant while loading into a game? It's one of the things I miss the most about Halo: CE, H2, H3 and Reach. It used to be in MCC until the last big update. I would love to see it in Infinite again, please! Anyone else feel like this should be brought back?
I really enjoyed the map voting system.

I have found that game modes like Warzone really point out how much i miss this the most. There are some Warzone maps that i would rather just not even play, especially when that followed by a Warzone map i'm not fond of, but not passionate about either. That's 30-50 minutes of gameplay on maps i'd not amped to play on. If there were a voting system i feel the best map usually wins. If people complain about the 1 good map being picked all the time, then it means resources should be focused on creating more good maps, instead of just creating maps to populate the players options. Games modes that are much shorter like SWAT this isn't such a necessity but i've gone more than an hour playing Warzone maps that don't entertain me, and it's a big reason why i stopped playing the playlist,
Democracy! I'm not sure what motivation there ever was to remove lobby voting pregame, or if there's a legitimate reason why it makes sense (lower online population?). But I'd agree that playing matchmaking without it is a diminished experience.
Can't say I miss map voting. It just led to the same map and/or game type over and over and over again. Beyond boring and annoying! I like the current system in 5. The Veto system was good too as it was a gamble.

Democracy! I'm not sure what motivation there ever was to remove lobby voting pregame, or if there's a legitimate reason why it makes sense (lower online population?). But I'd agree that playing matchmaking without it is a diminished experience.
The reason 343I removed it was because way too many times you would get the same map and/or game type over and over and over again. Their data showed this (and anyone who's been playing since Halo 2 or 3 online should know this as well) and that's why they went to the system that they have now in 5. They said they also considered the veto system again and might go back to that in the future games.
Can't say I miss map voting. It just led to the same map and/or game type over and over and over again. Beyond boring and annoying! I like the current system in 5. The Veto system was good too as it was a gamble.

The reason 343I removed it was because way too many times you would get the same map and/or game type over and over and over again. Their data showed this (and anyone who's been playing since Halo 2 or 3 online should know this as well) and that's why they went to the system that they have now in 5. They said they also considered the veto system again and might go back to that in the future games.
I don't care about a veto system (maybe in customs/system link). Just the opportunity to choose one of three maps/gamemodes. Even if playing the same map isn't an option, just being able to feel like "I tried to get a game I wanted to play, but I'm ok if everyone else wants to play this."
Yes. I appreciated the feature and I think it's one of those critical elements of player choice that keep games enjoyable. Claims that it makes matchmaking repetitive are valid.
I agree, but what data?
I dunno if veto will be in mcc reach either. From what i saw in beta vids, looks like its gone
Geoffyz wrote:
Yes. I appreciated the feature and I think it's one of those critical elements of player choice that keep games enjoyable. Claims that it makes matchmaking repetitive are valid.
I agree, but what data?
343I data. The data they have. They talked about this in I believe it was that series (I can't remember what they called it) about Halo 5
Geoffyz wrote:
I agree, but what data?
343I data. The data they have.
Okay, but have you seen it? Can you verify to me that it exists?
Geoffyz wrote:
Geoffyz wrote:
I agree, but what data?
See above post. They talked about it in one of those episodes.
Geoffyz wrote:
Geoffyz wrote:
I agree, but what data?
See above post. They talked about it in one of those episodes.
Thanks, but unless someone else comes up with the name of that series, I still don't know what you're talking about haha
The current system improves the variety we actually play, and it speeds things up.

343 hit the nail on the head with this one.
In my experience, even when you got the game type / map you voted for, half your team wouldn't play if they didn't vote for it ....
Voting is awful. Having to play on the same maps over and over again either because they are popular or someone thinks they have an exploit or having that team of four decide what you play because you're playing with randoms.
Veto isn't much better as when something different comes up you not only have it vetoed and end up playing on the same map over and over again you also have somebody screaming 'veto map or game mode x'
Having a map rotation system is the best imo. Ideally I would alter it so that the same map never got chosen twice in a row provided you stayed in the lobby, but overall it's the best system.
Map voting for social playlists would be fine but not for ranked.
Voting is awful. Having to play on the same maps over and over again either because they are popular or someone thinks they have an exploit or having that team of four decide what you play because you're playing with randoms.
Veto isn't much better as when something different comes up you not only have it vetoed and end up playing on the same map over and over again you also have somebody screaming 'veto map or game mode x'
Having a map rotation system is the best imo. Ideally I would alter it so that the same map never got chosen twice in a row provided you stayed in the lobby, but overall it's the best system.
Voting and veto actually do help sometimes
Hunter2747 wrote:
Only in making my overall experience playing halo worse. What they do is provide an illusion of choice for most and causing the same maps to be played over and over. I've yet to see any actual benefit to either system. Veto is less painful than voting, but neither make the games more fun to play, rather the opposite. If you enjoy playing the same maps over and over than you may find those systems worthwhile. I do not.
Hunter2747 wrote:
Only in making my overall experience playing halo worse.What they do is provide an illusion of choice for most and causing the same maps to be played over and over. I've yet to see any actual benefit to either system. Veto is less painful than voting, but neither make the games more fun to play, rather the opposite. If you enjoy playing the same maps over and over than you may find those systems worthwhile. I do not.
Well, that's your opinion.
I hate the voting system, most just vote for the same map over an over again. I'd like a halo 3 veto system back.
Going to be blunt and just say it...........voting should never return and it's one of the worst features to some that want it to 'return'.

All voting does is lead to the same 2-3 maps being played over, over again and that was one of the worst thing's from MCC, I'm glad it was removed.

If people are that desperate to play the same maps over, over then they really should stick to custom games instead of forcing it on us.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3