Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Bring back the didact

OP BroodGuitar3757

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
What are the enemies you would like to see in this game. I would like to see the didact return and and the flood to return. The flood the promethans, didact, cortana and the banished. I would like to see a power struggle didact and cortana. But ultimately I would to see it all end with Master Chief taking them all out with a novabomb. What enemies would you like to see
I'd rather see the Didact as a villain that redeems themselves. Learning that Cortana is misusing the Guardians, he decides to fight alongside humanity to take her down. But knowing he got hit by multiple Composers at once - which were subsequently destroyed - it'll be very difficult to bring him back to his original state.
he could take over warden eternal bodies possible
Yes, if he returns, we need to understand how he survives. And how he could be controlling cortana, maybe we can see warden eternal and did pact working together. This could kinda help us understand halo 5's story. Flood would be great it they need to be strong enough to infect Prometheus as they are strong enough to not be infected.

Mostly, chief needs to know how to either stop prometheans or like save humans to stop the leader.
Probably won’t happen since most fans thinks he is dead and 343i would have to do a lore dump to explain why is is alive and that would go against their simple stories plan.
TECH PON3 wrote:
Probably won’t happen since most fans thinks he is dead and 343i would have to do a lore dump to explain why is is alive and that would go against their simple stories plan.
>is in the Domain
>Domain set up as a thing in Halo 5
>Cortana could remark some force is causing trouble in the Domain
>Didact returns towards the end

Frankly, they could just skip the events of Halo: Escalation and say his defeat at the hands of Chief (they don't need to be specific) digitized his form and he found himself trapped in the Domain, of which Cortana's recent use freed him somehow.

If they really wanted him back, they could easy explain it. Plenty of things remain unexplained to the fans at large and they just accept it.
TECH PON3 wrote:
>is in the Domain

Frankly, they could just skip the events of Halo: Escalation and say his defeat at the hands of Chief (they don't need to be specific) digitized his form and he found himself trapped in the Domain, of which Cortana's recent use freed him somehow.

If they really wanted him back, they could easy explain it. Plenty of things remain unexplained to the fans at large and they just accept it.
Doubt this will happen. I think they’ve had their fun with the didact
God1383 wrote:
TECH PON3 wrote:
>is in the Domain

Doubt this will happen. I think they’ve had their fun with the didact
If they were only able to get one game out of him despite years of hype and build up, that's worrying.
I fully expect him to.

If you look at Halo: CE/Halo 4 and Halo 2/Halo 5: Guardians there are a great many parallels.

This leads me to expect similar events from Halo 3 to appear in Halo Infinite. With the Prometheans being the replacement for the Flood in Halo 4, and our (temporary) team-up with the Flood in Halo 3, I expect a similar set of outcomes to occur.

After all Cortana thinks the Created are the inheritors of the Mantle, something I'm sure the Didact disagrees with. And we want to stop her in general. So for a time our goals are aligned, just like with the Flood.

I DR HALSEY I brings up great points too. Thanks for those!
What are the enemies you would like to see in this game. I would like to see the didact return and and the flood to return. The flood the promethans, didact, cortana and the banished. I would like to see a power struggle didact and cortana. But ultimately I would to see it all end with Master Chief taking them all out with a novabomb. What enemies would you like to see
as far as i remember... the didact was killed in a Halo Comic book (after halo 4, when he came back).... might be wrong... but i don't think so
I Think the Prometheans should just drop off. It was a good idea in to use in 4 just bad story telling and interesting use in Halo 5 seeing as that they really had no other ideas. Stick with the flood and the covenant they aren't boring enemies in fact they are quite exhilarating. In my opinion the entire promethean idea was not worth it I get the backstory and why they are there, but i definitely think it could have been told better
They killed the Didact off in the comics from what I heard. Just another missed opportunity of a villain looking at you Jul'.

Unless they retcon it won't happen unfortunately.
They killed the Didact off in the comics from what I heard. Just another missed opportunity of a villain looking at you Jul'.

Unless they retcon it won't happen unfortunately.
Composed, not dead
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/universe/characters/didact [see Escalation]
I want to see the Didact return too. He was set up to be such a badass in H4 and then you kill him in a QTE :/
no i think the didact should stay dead the only thing that should return or has the likely hood of returining is the flood
Bring him back.Have him hijack one of the Warden's body or something.
Yes... Bring back the Didact. Easy enough to explain his reappearance. In H4 he fell to his apparent death. But ultimately he was just fatally wounded and ended up somewhere in space just floarting around. Have a covenant ship pick him up on a scavenger mission or something and let him just annihilate them. Would even be fun to play as the Didact himself in a couple campaign missions.
My two cents on a return of the Didact:

I always thought that the Didact should come back because the Flood/Precursor threat makes a return. The Flood are lead by an actual Precursor and under the Precursor there are a several Graveminds. A simple 30 second exposition saying that the precursor is one of the last of it's kind and it is now seeking to enact their final revenge etc. The Precursor also advises that it is also part of the Flood (creator of). It doesn't need to be a long-winded back story but enough to link the two factions (Flood + Precursors = which are now explained as One) Also - we should be able to have a codex in the game - similar to the Mass Effect series.

Somehow the Didact comes back into the fold, perhaps Cortana brings him back to assist her as she is unable to contain the Flood/Precursor (F/P). Or the Didact comes back out of his own will. In any case, The Didact is initially a renegade after he comes into the story as he does not want to cede the Mantle of Responsibility to the Created (Cortana) and/or Humanity. A battle ensues where The Created are fighting the Didact. The battle seems to be at a stalemate. Humanity (Master Chief) enter the fray to fight the Didact while also battling against the Created. The MC gets the upper hand and isolates then defeats the Didact with the help of Mendicant Bias (as the MC is indeed the Iso-Didact) Blue Team, Osiris, Arbiter and anyone else you want to throw in there for context. Ur Didact (original Didact) reluctantly agrees to aid humanity as he knows the Forerunners are beaten but hints that there are more in hiding and he needs to do x, y or z in order to being them into the overall war. They hatch a plan to wrestle Cortana from her rampancy (I think she is no longer rampant - a lack of better words) or change her mind on her position (she has the logic plague and is playing into the F/P plan by being divisive and powerful) to become a 3 or 4-faction Alliance (Cortana's Created + Humanity (MC and Human Allies) + Aribter + Didact ) in order to focus on the F/P threat. It is an uneasy alliance. The Covenant are split through the campaign. Some are allied with the Alliance, some are fighting with the P/F faction as they have been promised to have been 'spared' and they worship the Gods of Gods (Precursors being the "Gods" of Forerunners as they created all life).

The Didact at the end of a massive battle ends up sacrificing himself to kill the last precursor. It's a dramatic and epic death for him. The Created + Humanity are then able to finally push/eradicate the P/F flood back as the Precursor's death weakens the resolve of the Graveminds. The Didact's death is seen as the passing of the mantle of responsibility on to humanity and he will essentially say so right before his last heroic action. The Chief once and for all has Cortana with him but they are forced disappear with as Humanity feel they can no longer trust either with so much influence and power.

Maybe another Halo 3 Legendary like ending? They go to another part of the galaxy in the collapse/pursuit of remaining Precursors. Or Mendicant Bias (with orders from the Didact - the Didacts final act of goodwill) saves them from Humanity who are now fearful of Chief and Cortana? This could serve to close the MC part of the story (or reintroduce them in a few games time). Chief leaves as a hero but has to go missing in order to protect Cortana as Humanity want to retrieve her and her knowledge. They are now together in their own unique way.

Obviously all of this is seen/played through the eyes of the Chief and the Chief will have his own epic moments as well.

Sorry for the broken/staccato like form this has taken. Just ideas.
I do really hope he returns. He’s a great character, and was severely underused in Halo 4. I was hoping that he would be the main villain of Halo 5, continuing the story and conflict. I do really hope that he makes a return in the story, especially in the games. It is likely that he has accessed and is in the Domain. Before the activation of the Halo Array, the Librarian has hoped that her husband would be cured of his logic plague while he locked in his Cryptum on Requiem. However, the array seriously damaged the Domain, and thus the Didact wasn’t able to access the Domain, brewing in his insanity for 100,000 years. I do think if given enough time to access the Domain, he could be cured of his insanity and thus possbly becoming an ally.
I do really hope he returns. He’s a great character, and was severely underused in Halo 4. I was hoping that he would be the main villain of Halo 5, continuing the story and conflict. I do really hope that he makes a return in the story, especially in the games. It is likely that he has accessed and is in the Domain. Before the activation of the Halo Array, the Librarian has hoped that her husband would be cured of his logic plague while he locked in his Cryptum on Requiem. However, the array seriously damaged the Domain, and thus the Didact wasn’t able to access the Domain, brewing in his insanity for 100,000 years. I do think if given enough time to access the Domain, he could be cured of his insanity and thus possbly becoming an ally.
I think the idea of the Didact eventually becoming an ally works well.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2