Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Bringing Back Enemy Color-Ranks

OP megaman2003

I think Halo: Infinite needs to continue the ranking systems for elites as seen in Halo CE, Halo 2, and Halo 3. In the campaign, I find it very confusing when running into a pack of enemies and not knowing what I’m dealing with. I think they should bring back the Elite Minors (Blue), Elite Majors (Red), Elite Zealot (Gold), Elite Spec Op (Black), etc. I would even LOVE to see the Silent Shadow make their first in-game appearance. I just think bringing this back to the game would make big threats and small threats easier to identify. Also it was quite terrifying when a gold-sword elite ran after you. I think that this should not only go for elites, but go for all of the other species for enemies we will fight. These may have been present in Halo 5, but to me they were not easily identifiable.
I didn't play H5's campaign enough to know remember what they did with the elites, but I agree. They should be color coordinated by rank.
I think Halo: Infinite needs to continue the ranking systems for elites as seen in Halo CE, Halo 2, and Halo 3. In the campaign, I find it very confusing when running into a pack of enemies and not knowing what I’m dealing with. I think they should bring back the Elite Minors (Blue), Elite Majors (Red), Elite Zealot (Gold), Elite Spec Op (Black), etc. I would even LOVE to see the Silent Shadow make their first in-game appearance. I just think bringing this back to the game would make big threats and small threats easier to identify. Also it was quite terrifying when a gold-sword elite ran after you. I think that this should not only go for elites, but go for all of the other species for enemies we will fight. These may have been present in Halo 5, but to me they were not easily identifiable.
I Agree. I mean with Halo 5 I found it hard to identify the Elite Storms from the Elite Generals. I think Colour Identification is important. It would show what enemy your up against and allow you to strategize. Also did you know that one of the fatal flaws of the covenant was that the majority of their Units were in very bright colours. Allowing themselves to be identified. I also want different appearances for the Elites. Like Full Head Helmets for Spec ops for example. Also It would be a good idea for Silent Shadow to Appear! Like an Elite Variant of the Spec Op Elite.
I agree. I like the color identification better than the current iteration, but I can understand why they probably moved away from it. I'm sure the colors were something that was implemented by the Covenant. Now that the Covenant is broken, it makes since to move away from their ranks
It really could be shown better and more obviously with color like before. Elites really have been pretty much the same mass lately which is rather interesting given they do have different sort of armors in the post Halo: Reach at least.

But now that we are apparently rid of the storm covenant, perhaps we could see the old style elites again.
I agree with the sentiment they need to have better color identification, I don't think they necessarily have to go back to the exact same colors and ranks though.

Whatever ranks they end up having they should be both distinct in both color and model. The problem with 343 Covenant and the art style at large is that the colors are so dull and washed out when compared to previous games.

I would hope that the art team doesn't take the idea of going back to their roots so far as to just make the post war covenant look like the previous one.
Since the colour was the primary method of identification for ranks the armour variant didn't matter as much for generic ranks. Think back to Halo CE where that armour was all the same just different colours. Now imagine an elite general spawning in having a random set of gold elite armour (i.e. H2A boots and leg armour, storm chest piece, reach shoulders and then the classic helmet)
This could be a random occurrence compared to complete sets appearing and would make sense lore wise since the storm were scavengers (which is why I was really annoyed at the lack of covenant weapons in H4) in addition to the arbiters faction using whatever they can find.