Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Brutes and Jackals coming back in Halo Infinite?

OP TanEugene94

Ever since they appeared in the Halo video games, will we see the Brutes and Jackals coming back in the upcoming Halo Infinite? Maybe they will play a very big role in the new Halo video game?
For the Jiralhanaes (brutes), I can't really tell but since there's rumors going around that the Banished are appearing, chances are we may see them. Kig-Yars (Jackals) have been in every Halo game except Halo Wars 2. If you're referring to their sub-species, the T'Vaoan (skirmisher), hard to say but they do have history in the Banished so anything is possible.
Jackals I believe we’ll definitely see again.
As for Brutes, it’s hard to say. I’m going to agree with Ken who posted above me, I believe that the Banished could play a decent sized role in Halo Infinite. I’d like to see more of the brutes for sure.

Guess we’ll find out soon enough.
343i made a tweet about Halo Infinite toys but deleted it right after and one of the toys was a brute. This was back in April I believe.
There have been images of a new Mega Construx brute with a new gun, it was vaguely reminiscent of the covenant carbine in a more brutish design. It can be found on Reddit, just type “Mega Construx brute” into the halo subs search bar. On the topic of the jackals, there was a jackal at the halo toy fair, as well as images of a new design from Mega Construx.
The Jackals are already confirmed, kinda.

Mega Construx revelead the 'Jackal Freebooter' figure https://www.megaconstrux.com/en-us/community/gallery/sneak-peek-halo-jackal-freebooter for one of the Infinite sets presented at the Toy Fair, in which was present a larger Jackal Figure https://twitter.com/MrsLegendary117/status/1231263365831544839/photo/2 .
Sesu546 wrote:
343i made a tweet about Halo Infinite toys but deleted it right after and one of the toys was a brute. This was back in April I believe.
I wouldnt mind the brutes coming back, and I must have over seen that tweet.
R3conRex wrote:
Sesu546 wrote:
Most people did. Because they deleted it moments after the post. Probably realizing that they didn't want to spoil anything before the July event maybe? Don't know for sure.
Ken Static wrote:
For the Jiralhanaes (brutes), I can't really tell but since there's rumors going around that the Banished are appearing, chances are we may see them. Kig-Yars (Jackals) have been in every Halo game except Halo Wars 2. If you're referring to their sub-species, the T'Vaoan (skirmisher), hard to say but they do have history in the Banished so anything is possible.
Skirmishers also have been on reach, and it's not far fetched that if we return to the planet we might see them.
Sesu546 wrote:
R3conRex wrote:
Sesu546 wrote:
Most people did. Because they deleted it moments after the post. Probably realizing that they didn't want to spoil anything before the July event maybe? Don't know for sure.
lol... compaines purposely leak things sometimes. Id argue to keep the hype train rolling. The specualation of wether or not this could actually be featured in infinite id think is the type of hype that would help marketing id think. Deleting it makes it even more contraversial, gets it more publicity... even if its a different kind of publicity.

Anyways, brutes and jackals... I wonder. I think we are more likely to see brutes than we are to see jackals for a number of reasons. But nonetheless its probably good that they both show up. Jackals are a good change of pace within the game. Sheilded combatants that make you think about your choice of weapon and strategy to succeed.
More subspecies and versions need to appear.
So with elites they have different skin types (smooth and scaly), colours (grey, black and brown) and jaw structures (H4/5 and previous) so we should see a mix of them. Additionally armour should vary more and rely on colour to define rank so imagine seeing an elite general with Minor armour or a spec ops with a mix of storm and classic armour. This should apply for players level of customisation as well.

Grunts now have the bulkier subspecies in H4 so again both should return with mixed armour. In a war that's after a war that's after another war you take what you can get. Maybe even more types because grunts breed very rapidly so genetic variation is going to be very high.

Kig-yar already have three types, but let's step it up one more because males and females take part in Combat as far as I'm aware, males have spines/feathers on the back of their necks while females have armour plates because the men of their species get a bit... bitey during courtship. So let's add that into the variety of appearances. Kig-yar are also very ambidextrous so seeing both left and right handed fighters would be a nifty little detail. The slimmer classic Jackal should play defensive roles for high ranked allies (surrounding elites to protect them) where the bulkier H4 version should demonstrate more aggression. Also let them drive vehicles because the can in lore. Mix things up.

Hunters need to have more cannon types. There's currently 3, a scarab beam, fuel rod cannon and now a burst fire shot. Since elites and hunters are buddies and elites get blamite (needler ammo) from a moon of their home world then maybe hunters could have a needler based weapon. Could also have plasma based variant like a walking shade turret. Grenade launcher? Why not right?

Brutes have a lot of body fur but in H3 they shaved for some reason. I think it was something to do with Tartarus' death but idk can't remember. What I'm trying to say here is they should have different levels of facial hair from shaved, trimmed and we'll we know from Halo wars 2 that they can have some cool beard styles. Armour wise they should have a mix as well unless it's the banished because they do have their own set of armour. It wouldn't surprise me though to see members making use of old covenant armour and tech.

Yanme'e were common on brute ships because brutes weren't allowed Huragoks due to the Elites. Heck the elites even deactivated the Grav lifts in many brute controlled ships (prior to the Great Schism) forcing them to rely on ladders. Anyway Drones provided a new airial enemy that was easy to kill but literally swarmed you and the body explosion in reach on headshot was oh so satisfying. ODST added a new rank to drones that I think had a shield and used a plasma rifle instead of needlers or plasma pistols. Seeing them duel wield would make them a little more ferocious to fight.