Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Brutes, Drones, and Skrimishers in Infinite?

OP TRUe REDEMPTI0N

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Since Halo: Reach, the Brutes, Drones haven't returned since and Skirmishers only appeared in Reach. With Infinite, do you think there's a possibility that these 3 species will return?
Since Halo: Reach, the Brutes, Drones haven't returned since and Skirmishers only appeared in Reach. With Infinite, do you think there's a possibility that these 3 species will return?
Possible? Sure, but I see maybe just the brutes making a return
I hope we will see Brutes and Drones again. Brutes were pretty easily manipulated by the Prophets so I could see them being manipulated by the Created as well, aside from the Banished. The Drones could be interesting to see in Infinite. Perhaps some align with Cortana because their hive queens were convinced by her while others remain independent.

As far as Skirmishers though... they were a cool idea, but at the end of the day they are just another iteration of the Jackals. So for Jackals, I could see some siding with Cortana while others remain independent. It would really just depend on each individual Jackal's assessment of whether or not allying with Cortana would be advantageous to them. It would be cool in Infinite if we see some working with us and others working against us.
I hated skirmishers on Legendary and drones are annoying no matter what but, both are better than prometheans. To answer your question, yes.
The more diverse the enemies are the better the combat.
If I had to choose, I'd say the Brutes are most likely to return. Along with the Flood.
I hated skirmishers on Legendary and drones are annoying no matter what but, both are better than prometheans. To answer your question, yes.
Dude, yes, I CANNOT stand the Prometheans.
Anything but the Promethians/Created or what the hell ever. I'd love to see the return of a new alien species that isn't a bunch of glowing orange floating pieces of metal. If there's going to be any Forerunner technology, then it better be something along the lines of sentinels and what not. make something that coincides with the rest of the series, not a bunch of magic floating shards of metal.
Anything but the Promethians/Created or what the hell ever. I'd love to see the return of a new alien species that isn't a bunch of glowing orange floating pieces of metal. If there's going to be any Forerunner technology, then it better be something along the lines of sentinels and what not. make something that coincides with the rest of the series, not a bunch of magic floating shards of metal.
I hope maybe they introduce some new Sentinel-like enemy types on Zeta Halo.
Yeah I'd like to see Brutes again, drones were annoying to me imo and I prefer the Jackels over Skirmishers tbh. I don't know the likelihood of their return, but it would be cool
Brutes,Skirmishers and Drones should come back. They were some of my favourite enemies to fight. Could you just imagine fighting a Brute Chieftain surrounded by multiple Skirmishers while a swarm of Drones rain hell from above!!! That would be a WIN for 343i in my books!
I hope, the way I see it, the more enemies, the more diverse the combat is. Diversity keeps the combat fresh
I hope maybe they introduce some new Sentinel-like enemy types on Zeta Halo.
Well, I’m the trailer there were some sentinels, so I’m actually pretty hype for those.
I hope we will see Brutes and Drones again. Brutes were pretty easily manipulated by the Prophets so I could see them being manipulated by the Created as well, aside from the Banished. The Drones could be interesting to see in Infinite. Perhaps some align with Cortana because their hive queens were convinced by her while others remain independent.

As far as Skirmishers though... they were a cool idea, but at the end of the day they are just another iteration of the Jackals. So for Jackals, I could see some siding with Cortana while others remain independent. It would really just depend on each individual Jackal's assessment of whether or not allying with Cortana would be advantageous to them. It would be cool in Infinite if we see some working with us and others working against us.
Maybe the Brutes can return as the Banish... OoO
I wouldn't mind seeing the Skirmisher designs implemented into the standard Jackal infantry. Minors, Majors, Snipers and Rangers could all consist of both
Ruuhtian Kig-Yar (classic Jackals) and T'vaoan Kig-Yar (Skirmishers). There's not really any point to giving the Skirmishers their own ranking system, but the subspecies is canon and their physical appearance is a nice addition to Halo's array of aliens. The original Halo (CE) included two variations of Jackals, the brown-scaled ones and the grey-scaled ones. This would simply be an evolution of that.
Regarding the Ibie'shan Kig-Yar from Halo 4 and 5, I'd be content with never seeing them again.
Dude, yes, I CANNOT stand the Prometheans.
I have to admit the covenant on Legendary in Halo 5 are easy to kill. I'd be finished with the campaign by now if it wasn't the the bullet soaking Prometheans.
The return of Brutes and Drones would definitely be a good idea. In fact, the Brutes and Drones made their return in the two most recent released Halo games with the Brutes returning in Halo Wars 2 and Drones returning in Halo: Fireteam Raven.
I do think there's a possibility for everyone but skirmishers, I always thought they went extinct after Reach's glassing.
I wouldn't mind seeing the Skirmisher designs implemented into the standard Jackal infantry. Minors, Majors, Snipers and Rangers could all consist of both
Ruuhtian Kig-Yar (classic Jackals) and T'vaoan Kig-Yar (Skirmishers). There's not really any point to giving the Skirmishers their own ranking system, but the subspecies is canon and their physical appearance is a nice addition to Halo's array of aliens. The original Halo (CE) included two variations of Jackals, the brown-scaled ones and the grey-scaled ones. This would simply be an evolution of that.
Regarding the Ibie'shan Kig-Yar from Halo 4 and 5, I'd be content with never seeing them again.
I actually would like to see them all return. The classic jackals could have a greater focus on being snipers and ranged. Appearing more frequently as the variant for that role (so snipers are commonly classic ones but the H4/5 one can occasionally pop up). The shield jackals could be 50/50, same with rangers. Then H4/5 jackals get a new role as heavier units, using storm rifles, concussion rifles etc etc skirmishers can function as they did in reach but with improvements and because theyre supposedly rare should appear randomly
Maybe you can see "the banished" from Halo wars 2. because the original convenant brutes wont be canonlly correct, because the "covenant" from Halo 4 and 5 are just the rest of the elites, grunts, etc that still belive in the great journey. The banished are almost the same, but with brutes. Maybe we will have a combination with both factions, but the original Cov. brutes dont exist anymore
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2