Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
What are your thoughts regarding the new BTB 2.0. mode that Klobrille recently leaked? I personally think this is -Yoinking!- awesome. Halo has always needed a "battlefield meets halo" game mode, its basically perfect and if they pull it off it could really blow up. I've always wanted something like this from Halo and it sounds like a dream come true, though I shouldn't give my hopes up.
If they can get it to the scale of Battlefield but with Halo skin, then I would be very, very, very, happy with 343.
This would be awesome. But (I know many disagree) I'd prefer a Battle Royale.
They will find a way to monetise it like warzone. I'm sure they will find a way to use some sort of points that can also be bought with real money to spawn in the vehicles and power weapons. After what 343 has done I'm not to optimistic.
I think it's a bad idea if this results in them just abandoning 8v8 altogether as I know a lot of people prefer that over bigger matches like Warzone. That said if they are going to create this next evolution of BTB that sounds more like Warzone minus AI, I would actually rather see it go full class based, UNSC vs Covenant or UNSC vs Covenant vs Flood. Spartans, soldiers, elites, grunts, jackals.. the whole thing.
What are your thoughts regarding the new BTB 2.0. mode that Klobrille recently leaked? I personally think this is -Yoinking!- awesome. Halo has always needed a "battlefield meets halo" game mode, its basically perfect and if they pull it off it could really blow up. I've always wanted something like this from Halo and it sounds like a dream come true, though I shouldn't give my hopes up.
It probably wouldn't work considering Halo is based around small-scale combat, not massive 50 v 50.....also it sounds almost generic, every other game has gone and tried something like this already..
Conor5017 wrote:
If they can get it to the scale of Battlefield but with Halo skin, then I would be very, very, very, happy with 343.
Then why not go play Battlefield? go play BF 2142 or whatever that future one was....Halo isn't meant to be other games
Conor5017 wrote:
Then why not go play Battlefield? go play BF 2142 or whatever that future one was....Halo isn't meant to be other games
Because Halo has that unique Halo feel.
Conor5017 wrote:
And you are souring it by forcing it into a playstyle it wasn't meant for
The playstyle doesn't matter. Halo can have massive battles, Halo can try Battle Royale, whatever, it will still feel unique. I love a video from Ascended Hyperion in which, I believe that he nailed what actually makes Halo feel like Halo. It's "The Dance". Different playstyles won't fundamentally change Halo, as long as it doesn't change The Dance.

The Dance: Halo's True Design Logic
The playstyle doesn't matter. Halo can have massive battles, Halo can try Battle Royale, whatever, it will still feel unique. I love a video from Ascended Hyperion in which, I believe that he nailed what actually makes Halo feel like Halo. It's "The Dance". Different playstyles won't fundamentally change Halo, as long as it doesn't change The Dance.

The Dance: Halo's True Design Logic
And the Dance doesn't function within a gamemode that features maps designed like Battlefield, no point in melee and grenades when you can just laser people across the map. The Dance is heavily dependent on the map design that allows all 3 mechanics to be used
And the Dance doesn't function within a gamemode that features maps designed like Battlefield, no point in melee and grenades when you can just laser people across the map. The Dance is heavily dependent on the map design that allows all 3 mechanics to be used
Well, it is possible to design big maps that don't let you laser people across the map and where you can use melee and grenades. You may dislike Warzone, but it still felt like Halo, not Battlefield or CoD, where you can't jump higher than your own waist and you usually die before you have time to react.
Last I heard Warzone in H5 was supposed to be BTB 2.0. Personally I thought Warzone was a huge let down, and 343 really neglected BTB. I’m cautiously optimistic this new mode can be fun, but I’m worried that they will neglect more core aspects of the game.
Conor5017 wrote:
I just want more variety and Halo man.
Why has this turned into an argument? Why does everything about infinite so decisive. Can’t people just chill out and appreciate what they have
I only ever played the Star Wars Battlefield that had ground wars but also tie fighters and other things going on at the same time. That was pretty cool and I'd love to see a Halo version of it.

I will say I wouldn't want to sacrifice the traditional BTB. If this replaced Warzone I would be okay with that...even more ecstatic if this BTB 2.0 took over for Warzone and if the traditional Reach/ODST Firefight returned to replace the current H5 Warzone FF. Now then we would be cookin'!
If they release a BTB 2.0 as the default mode, 343I can make a Battle Royale DLC/added mode later so most fans don't get upset. I'm all for a Battle Royale. It allows more diverse encounters. Its a good mode for casual and competitive alike.
munk07 wrote:
If they release a BTB 2.0 as the default mode, 343I can make a Battle Royale DLC/added mode later so most fans don't get upset. I'm all for a Battle Royale. It allows more diverse encounters. Its a good mode for casual and competitive alike.
Right. It also allows younger (Fortnite) gamers to get into halo
munk07 wrote:
Didn't this same guy (speaking of the 'leaker' of the BTB 2.0 mode) also say something regarding a much more deeper Forge Mode that would allow for the Community to create a BR if they really wanted to? I mean, if this is true can you imagine the amount of Fortnite people rushing over to Halo to create their own Battle Royale map? This honestly could be great for the population/game. Also alleviate any BR that 343i would spend time making...allowing them to focus on this newer mode as well as the same core modes.
Warzone wasn't terrible but I don't understand what they hope to do here? Halo fans are gonna play 2v2, 4v4, and some like 8v8. It would make more sense to have a battle royale so halo will pull in New audience and lets face it BR is the meta for shooters right now. The possibilities of a halo BR are insane! So so so many crazy things could happen it could over throw cod, apex, pubg, and fortnite. But instead they giving us another massive btb???? Sorry not gonna buy armor skins for btb lmao. I will always play 2v2 and 4v4 thats what halo is to me but I really believe there is room for a really good BR mode in halo. Cod cold war and MW have warzone (rip off name from halo smh) and the reg multiplayer and it works out great. Why is 343i being stupid? ( if rumors are true) I just can't believe we wouldn't get a BR with halos amazing sandbox it blows my minds and we all know this new BtB 2.0 isnt gonna be the BR killer and its going to be a meh game mode. 50v50 maybe? Which is cool and all but some BR games already do that. Ive been a fan since day one back in 2001 and im going to play halo but damit 343 wake up its ok to follow some trends it will help halo in the long run I dont see how you could mess up a halo br it would be a perfect addition to the many game modes halo offers plz don't ruin the potential because you want to be different. Halos gameplay is different than all other games doesnt mean we can't have a similar game mode
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3