Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Why has this turned into an argument?
Different types of fans. It always happens in here, there are very few things we universally agree on imho. There are genuine concerns, Warzone in Halo 5 resulted in BTB being a tacked on after thought, so there will be similar worries about this. I'm ok with new things, I'll try new ideas out and play them if I find them fun, as long as I can filter my choices I'm ok with it. I won't be forced into playing something I don't like.
Everyone is wanting a Battlefield like gameplay and here I am wanting something closer to Star Wars Battlefront II. Big 50 v 50 gameplay. One faction vs another. Whoever has more points by a certain time period goes up and fights in that enemy's ship to take it out. If the boarders are repelled, back down to the planet to begin fighting again until the game ends. Every match could go for 30 minutes easy. That would be excellent in my opinion.
as to my opinion this is great and Halo kinda has always been like Battlefield meets Halo, I mean since CE there's has always been vehicles to use and the map is quite larger than that of COD but having a even bigger map with even more vehicles just makes the game even fresh and really puts the user to feel the really chaotic war experience that Halo really is with their Spartans killing and destroying everything in their path. in other words BTB 1.0 is great but if BTB 2.0 really comes out it would be better and by far the gameplay will be unique, something possibly never seen before
Conor5017 wrote:
If they can get it to the scale of Battlefield but with Halo skin, then I would be very, very, very, happy with 343.
Then why not go play Battlefield? go play BF 2142 or whatever that future one was....Halo isn't meant to be other games
Being at a bigger scale like some other games is very different than just copying them.
Conor5017 wrote:
If they can get it to the scale of Battlefield but with Halo skin, then I would be very, very, very, happy with 343.
Hope the idea will be real!!!!
Why has this turned into an argument? Why does everything about infinite so decisive. Can’t people just chill out and appreciate what they have
Because the loudest voices in this community are the ones that damn the franchise. It's always gotta be negative, they're so afraid of evolution and change in a game that they'd rather tear it down than keep an open mind or just enjoy it for what it is. I wish more people would just get excited for the possibilities of Infinite instead of trying to paint it as evil before they've even touched the game, simply because they have no better way to spend their time.
For me it is kind of meh. I've always disliked BTB Heavies and Warzone due to the limited agency of an individual player, but I know I'm in the minority.
Why has this turned into an argument? Why does everything about infinite so decisive. Can’t people just chill out and appreciate what they have
Because the loudest voices in this community are the ones that damn the franchise. It's always gotta be negative, they're so afraid of evolution and change in a game that they'd rather tear it down than keep an open mind or just enjoy it for what it is. I wish more people would just get excited for the possibilities of Infinite instead of trying to paint it as evil before they've even touched the game, simply because they have no better way to spend their time.
This is an incredibly simplistic view of the matter. You can be critical of things you don’t like and also praise those you do. For instance, the rumor about BTB 2.0, the armor designs, and overall art style I am very much in favor of. However, the armor coating system replacing primary and secondary I think is a bad call. People are allowed to have different views of what direction they think is best for the franchise.
This is an incredibly simplistic view of the matter. You can be critical of things you don’t like and also praise those you do. For instance, the rumor about BTB 2.0, the armor designs, and overall art style I am very much in favor of. However, the armor coating system replacing primary and secondary I think is a bad call. People are allowed to have different views of what direction they think is best for the franchise.
Of course and it's important to voice your opinions especially with something you love. But what I was replying to was a comment about how every discussion involving Halo Infinite turns into an argument, more often than not involving MCC and Halo 5 and how Infinite will fail, 343 sucks and Halo is dead. I keep hearing that stuff on repeat and it's getting old. It's one thing to voice your opinions in a discussion, whether you agree or disagree with someone's points, but it's another thing entirely to damn the franchise as a whole at every oppurtunity possible. I see alot of people who decide to start fights and blatantly refuse to have a decent and civil debate about what they do and don't like about the game.

It ends up going from: "So what are your hopes for Infinite?" to "Halo is dead, MCC sucks, Halo 5 was a flop lol I hope Infinite sucks just so we can be done with the franchise already" in less than 5 seconds more often than not. That's not being critical, it's just plain annoying.
Some things like the squad spawning remind me of invasion, in which case if they are doing an expanded invasion I’m in. Hopefully they’ll add the brutes as a playable faction as well.
I think this could not be more right. Sprint is a feature in every other video game and no one complains. Why is it that halo players start caring?
If it's just the vehicles weve always gotten, largest being a scorpion then itll be meh. I hope we get to operate scarabs and Grizzlies.
I for one, welcome these alleged new features. Games are always evolving, the technology is always evolving and we are at the point where Halo can expand a classic and core game type. Squad-spawning is not a new feature and the benefits of not having trouble finding a match because you do not have a full squad is a welcome one for the lone wolves and four man teams. I think have massive "Battlefield-style" battles with large amounts of players and vehicles is long over due, many people really enjoy that and saying "well, go play Battlefield then," is a detriment to the fanbase. Halo is at the point where the number of people playing needs to grow and is definitely not what it used to be. Why not implement new games modes or hybrids of older modes to entice new players from other games? I still believe Classic BTB will remain as a game mode along with the new BTB 2.0, and I am really excited for it.
Everyone is wanting a Battlefield like gameplay and here I am wanting something closer to Star Wars Battlefront II. Big 50 v 50 gameplay. One faction vs another. Whoever has more points by a certain time period goes up and fights in that enemy's ship to take it out. If the boarders are repelled, back down to the planet to begin fighting again until the game ends. Every match could go for 30 minutes easy. That would be excellent in my opinion.
Well there was a rumor a couple months ago that a UNSC vs Banished style gamemode was being made. If these two things become true and this gamemode is it, I see it nothing but a Win!
The guy who leaked it has been pretty spot on in the past so hopefully we do see this BTB 2.0
I would be all for it big team battle 2.0 I hope they have bigger air vehicles in it high player count I’m all for it I want bigger battles more players!!
That would be awesome
If BTB 2.0 is literally a larger scale BTB consisting of the same game modes we've had for almost two decades I can't say I would be thrilled. However, I doubt that will be the case and hopefully 343 can create its own little spin off while not depriving all its resources to that one single game mode as its previous incarnation, Warzone. We only have so much to speculate.

Conor5017 wrote:
Then why not go play Battlefield? go play BF 2142 or whatever that future one was....Halo isn't meant to be other games
After previous installments of 343, I understand why you would see some trends having no business in halo. Hopefully I can clear some misconceptions, the main contention was never that Halo shouldn't change or try new things but change in a way that maintains its identity. Each of the individual trend that Halo 5/Halo 4 copied altered the mechanics/formula of the game from AM, custom load outs, kill streaks etc.

A new game mode isn't as detrimental as base mechanics because it doesn't effect the whole entirety of the game. Resources and time are surely an issue but with the extra year, the rumored high budget, and multiple studios working on HI it may not be as drastic as Halo 5's bare bone launch.

Instead a new game mode offers a different way to play halo and a prime example is firefight. Firefight based on the trend of wave survival from games like Gears of war and COD ended up becoming a fan favorite. Now you argued that the map design for a large scale battle would alter the golden triangle, but that's more in fault with the map design rather than the game mode itself; Barriers, trenches, tunnels, and cover could be implemented to counter being picked off from insanely long ranges.

Now to clarify I don't agree that we would need a massive large scale battle as battlefield and just because it doesn't alter the triangle doesn't necessarily mean it would be good for Halo. But the mindset of being afraid of any change won't help Halo.
I think this could not be more right. Sprint is a feature in every other video game and no one complains. Why is it that halo players start caring?
If you scroll down there's a thread with over 5200 posts, i'm sure you could find something there if you try.
Of course and it's important to voice your opinions especially with something you love. But what I was replying to was a comment about how every discussion involving Halo Infinite turns into an argument, more often than not involving MCC and Halo 5 and how Infinite will fail, 343 sucks and Halo is dead. I keep hearing that stuff on repeat and it's getting old. It's one thing to voice your opinions in a discussion, whether you agree or disagree with someone's points, but it's another thing entirely to damn the franchise as a whole at every oppurtunity possible. I see alot of people who decide to start fights and blatantly refuse to have a decent and civil debate about what they do and don't like about the game.

It ends up going from: "So what are your hopes for Infinite?" to "Halo is dead, MCC sucks, Halo 5 was a flop lol I hope Infinite sucks just so we can be done with the franchise already" in less than 5 seconds more often than not. That's not being critical, it's just plain annoying.
I will reply to both of your posts so i'm keeping the full chain there, sorry if it looks unsightly. When Reach dropped with hardly any maps it was the loud outspoken negative voices that gave us more forge maps in rotation. It gave us zero bloom and no sprint settings. It made 343 fix the spawns on the anniversary maps which were near unplayable. It fixed the infinity settings in H4 which were horrible in the first 6 months when the game was hemorrhaging population, It gave Halo 4 non-infinity settings. It eventually fixed MCC (5 years) which had a full list of complaints. It put the pressure on 343 to fix the weird aim issue in H5. It hammered home how awful Halo 5 was and what needed to change in the future. It delayed Halo infinite so that hopefully it turns out to be a polished game and not in the same boat as Cyberpunk. I would be very thankful to those negative Nancy's because if they weren't there then you wouldn't of got the updates the games desperately needed, you can keep your open mind and enjoy the broken mess it was going to be left in. The Evolution™ and change™ we get is copycat mechanics and low effort.

Halo infinite wowed the audience with what seemed like a return to similar aesthetics which were the staple of the franchise, and it got huge buzz (maybe that's a sign). Since then all we have had was a short trailer that wasn't very specific, a gameplay trailer that was mocked for looking like a 360 game, the removal of player choice in customisation, which will be to nickel and dime the userbase, which isn't inherently bad if they just ripped off the bandaid and said that due to the nature of infinite multiplayer being free they were going to monetise a base feature, though in saying that they still could of kept customisation while doing so, it's most likely the negative voices are correct and are going with fake rarity to jack up the prices like Destiny or Fortnite. And now after BTB got shafted in Reach with no maps, split down the middle in H4 and not even thought about in H5 those who like traditional BTB are now getting shafted again for battlefield Halo. Guess "go back to MCC lul" will be the same rallying cry though right? It's the critics who aren't civil though correct?

Maybe some low post trolls do, but most of the time i see common users who are against 343s handling of the franchise and offer coherent negative criticism on why they don't like X thing for Y reason then get brigaded by people who rant about why negative opinions exist. Commando left an incendiary comment about going back to Battlefield so I can't defend that, but otherwise why should there not be discussion about what this will mean for traditional BTB? not like it didn't get overlooked in the past, and after waiting for the next installment people who want 8v8 are likely going to lose out again, or at least shoved into a corner again, despite it always being the 2nd or 1st most popular playlist in any game.
I'm not sure I want too many more players in my BTB. It's hard enough getting a sense of 'team' with 16 strangers in a team, let alone 32, 64, or more.

What I would love, more than more players, is the feeling of being inside a bigger battle. More background com chatter, AI air battles going on over head. Occasional explosions, aircraft crashes, building collapses - all going on around you to let you know that you are only a piece of the jig-saw.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3