Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Darwi wrote:
I'm not sure I want too many more players in my BTB. It's hard enough getting a sense of 'team' with 16 strangers in a team, let alone 32, 64, or more.

What I would love, more than more players, is the feeling of being inside a bigger battle. More background com chatter, AI air battles going on over head. Occasional explosions, aircraft crashes, building collapses - all going on around you to let you know that you are only a piece of the jig-saw.
Out of left field but the original xbox had Kung fu chaos, dunno if you played it, but it was essential a fixed camera 4-player beat em up that progressed through a level that was a film parody. The idea of a dynamic sequence of events is interesting. Left 4 dead sort of had that too. It's something i sort of wanted out of invasion but never really came to be. Things like invasion (a multi-stage gametype) or warzone (ai and neutral encounters) are something that could easily be incorporated into BTB and improve it.

Now if the discussion was to up it to 10v10 or 12v12 is still something that alters BTB. Largescale battlefield-esque gameplay is not BTB and will just shove a staple playlist into a niche. If there is no incentive like what happened with invasion in Reach, then BTB will simply rob the playerbase from the other big mode. If it's incentivised like warzone with over half the game designed around it we will get H5 2.0 before we get BTB 2.0.
What are your thoughts regarding the new BTB 2.0. mode that Klobrille recently leaked? I personally think this is -Yoinking!- awesome. Halo has always needed a "battlefield meets halo" game mode, its basically perfect and if they pull it off it could really blow up. I've always wanted something like this from Halo and it sounds like a dream come true, though I shouldn't give my hopes up.
Honestly, I'm open to this idea as a whole; BTB 2.0 could be very fun! :D
This would be awesome. But (I know many disagree) I'd prefer a Battle Royale.
You can prefer whatever you wish. I do disagree, but not because I hate Battle Royales. I simply see it as a waste, given that Forge and custom games are likely going to be massively improved and expanded upon, such that a Battle Royale could simply be made in forge, and then featured in a playlist. Whereas, a massive mode with dropships, and A.I. and all the wonderful things included therein is less feasible in Forge.
Why has this turned into an argument? Why does everything about infinite so decisive. Can’t people just chill out and appreciate what they have
Because the loudest voices in this community are the ones that damn the franchise. It's always gotta be negative, they're so afraid of evolution and change in a game that they'd rather tear it down than keep an open mind or just enjoy it for what it is. I wish more people would just get excited for the possibilities of Infinite instead of trying to paint it as evil before they've even touched the game, simply because they have no better way to spend their time.
I think this could not be more right. Sprint is a feature in every other video game and no one complains. Why is it that halo players start caring?
Short answer: Because Halo is not "every other video game".

Long answer: Actually very very long
I heard about these leaks. Definitely interesting if true and wouldn't mind if true.
If they make big team battle 2.0 I really like warzone but I would really like more players bigger vehicles for big team battle 2.0 I’ll be ok if they replace warzone with big team battle 2.0 of 16 vs 16 or even 24 vs 24 With a lot of vehicles combat make the maps bigger even Pelicans halo infinite needs a big mode i like to see some of the big air vehicles like the pelican on the top of the building and or in the middle of the map and pelican at the beginning spawn and have be able to put 4-6 people in the back for transport they put the pelican in halo mcc halo 4 forge and it can shoot I like them to bring every vehicles in Halo MCC and forge in Halo Infinite if they put every past vehicles in the game it would feel like Halo and make it super fun halo Infinite needs to be the best it can be please 343 industries make a big mode big vehicles combat!!
I think whatever they do they should stick to like two multiplayer related things and get those done first. They already delayed the game once, so development hasn't been going smoothly. When you stretch resources too thin you simply don't have enough content to keep any group interested long term. If it's ranked Arena and BTB 2 and no Firefight, 8v8 BTB or Forge at launch then do it. I'd rather have complete game modes than game mode teasers with only 3 maps a piece. This is the problem Modern Warfare 2019 ran into. A dozen different unique modes and not enough content in any of them to keep people interested.
Ii agree with you in BR there is more competitive action
100 vs 100, do it 343.
munk07 wrote:
If they release a BTB 2.0 as the default mode, 343I can make a Battle Royale DLC/added mode later so most fans don't get upset. I'm all for a Battle Royale. It allows more diverse encounters. Its a good mode for casual and competitive alike.
Didn't this same guy (speaking of the 'leaker' of the BTB 2.0 mode) also say something regarding a much more deeper Forge Mode that would allow for the Community to create a BR if they really wanted to? I mean, if this is true can you imagine the amount of Fortnite people rushing over to Halo to create their own Battle Royale map? This honestly could be great for the population/game. Also alleviate any BR that 343i would spend time making...allowing them to focus on this newer mode as well as the same core modes.
I also think 343i should reward players for their efforts in Forge. I believe Favyn has a video where he mentioned something along those lines. Agreed with the last bit of your post especially. 343i needs to maintain their own current modes.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3