OP FTC Anvil

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
FTC Anvil wrote:
So it's been said that we will never be able to outright buy stuff like armors and whatnot from challenges, etc... but what about how it looks that we will be able to buy the in game currency and use that to skip ahead in the battle pass? Sure, I'm not buying the armor with real money, I'm buying the in game money to buy the levels which give me the armor.

Knowing how a lot of games that use these battle pass systems work, I'm betting earning cR in game will be just slow enough to make people want to spend real money to get it faster.
I’m fine with this approach though. It means I have the ability to sit down and work on the battle pass to get what I want. And it’s never going away so I won’t feel rushed. Personally that gives the game longevity for me.

On the other side of the spectrum, if someone can only play a few hours a week they have the ability to purchase levels on the battle pass if they so choose to. But that doesn’t mean they will get a cosmetic from it that I can’t.
Oh ok, I see what they're doing. So you don't have to buy the battle pass when every season comes out, and you can work on any season that comes out. I thought you would have to buy it for every individual season that came out. Or, am I seeing this wrong?
Correct, each season will have a battle pass for purchase. But you don’t need it to get stuff.

the caveat is that there are some stuff you can get for buying the battle pass. Basically each level has two items. One for regular and one people can also get if they bought it.

To counter that is that each seasons battle pass doesn’t go away. 7 seasons from now you can go back and purchase a battle pass if there’s something you want in it.

There is some pay element to get both items from a battle pass but then again the game is F2P so I guess they need money some how.

I got this information from the Pre Tech Preview Live Stream the 28th of July.
I think the last thing 343 needs is bad PR with a -Yoink- business model.
Uh, yeah, that's precisely the point. They got the good boy points by going "wow look at our great model". Then, they have monetization that directly contradicts what they've claimed and people jump through hoops to go "guys it ain't so bad."

Seems to be the go to move for games with MTs now. Get good PR by pretending you're player-first as far as MTs go, then add more MTs because you know the backlash won't be big enough.
Uh, yeah, that's precisely the point. They got the good boy points by going "wow look at our great model". Then, they have monetization that directly contradicts what they've claimed and people jump through hoops to go "guys it ain't so bad."

Seems to be the go to move for games with MTs now. Get good PR by pretending you're doing the next good thing, then add more MTs because you know the backlash won't be big enough.
You don't need to buy tiers in the battle pass cause it never goes away. And there's nothing wrong with the shop. Apex Legends has gotten nothing but praise for its shop model because it's simply a "buy what you want" kind of deal. If you don’t want to spend the money on it, you don't have to. With the multiplayer being free to play, it has to make money some how. I for one will only be buying items out of the shop that are purple in some way, anything else I really don't care about.

It's a good model. Buy what you want, rather than having dumb stuff like loot boxes and random rolls. Not sure what the problem is.

Seems to be the go to move for games with MTs now. Get good PR by pretending you're doing the next good thing, then add more MTs because you know the backlash won't be big enough.
You don't need to buy tiers in the battle pass cause it never goes away. And there's nothing wrong with the shop. Apex Legends has gotten nothing but praise for its shop model because it's simply a "buy what you want" kind of deal. If you don’t want to spend the money on it, you don't have to. With the multiplayer being free to play, it has to make money some how. I for one will only be buying items out of the shop that are purple in some way, anything else I really don't care about.

It's a good model. Buy what you want, rather than having dumb stuff like loot boxes and random rolls. Not sure what the problem is.
Maybe at first, but APEX has gotten huge back lash over the sheer amount of MT's they have now, plus the heirloom system which is literally only obtainabe with real dollary doo's
So plays who don't want to sink money into the game miss out on massive bits of it.
Hell, I've been playing APEX from day one and it is so grindy I don't even have all the legends unlocked yet and I;m like lvl 180 or something
expect infinite to be much of the same

I'm not sure how much clearer i can make it, since you're very stuck on the "but it's better than the other guys" angle.

Yes, we all know it's better than the other guys. The OP said it's better than the other guys. I said it's better than the other guys. Read the rest of the post.

343 stated you wouldn't be able to circumvent the battle pass through purchases. You clearly can.
They stated that this would be one avenue to take, but rest assured there will be armor that's earned through regular progression as well as actual challenges like the 152 watchdog, he'll we had one coating locked behind a legitimate challenge in this beta that no amount of money could purchase out right.
Supposed to be the best battlepass out there and they still out timers on the double xp tokens instead of games, or at least in game time

Maybe at first, but APEX has gotten huge back lash over the sheer amount of MT's they have now, plus the heirloom system which is literally only obtainabe with real dollary doo's
So plays who don't want to sink money into the game miss out on massive bits of it.
Hell, I've been playing APEX from day one and it is so grindy I don't even have all the legends unlocked yet and I;m like lvl 180 or something
expect infinite to be much of the same
Apex has stupid collection events and the Heirlooms which are dumb for sure. But aside from that Apex is pretty good about what it does.

I'm not sure how much clearer i can make it, since you're very stuck on the "but it's better than the other guys" angle.

Yes, we all know it's better than the other guys. The OP said it's better than the other guys. I said it's better than the other guys. Read the rest of the post.

343 stated you wouldn't be able to circumvent the battle pass through purchases. You clearly can.
By circumvent I'm pretty sure they meant buy the items in the pass from within the shop. It's a pretty brand statement.
If it's only cosmetics I could care less if some want to empty their wallets to get faster. As long as it's not weapons and actual game effecting stuff it doesn't matter. "Free to play" games will always have some sort of microtransactions in them. Cosmetics is the most fair way to have them. However I do hope they leave some exclusive cosmetics that can only be earned by gameplay and can't simply be bought. I feel games do need some exclusive rewards to be earned only.
Armor doesn't have gameplay effects, so you're not really buying advantages. You just get your cosmetics faster. Some may only be able to be bought with money. But, again, as long as it's not buying gameplay advantages, I'm cool with it.
I never heard or read anywhere that you could not purchase armor or other cosmetics directly. In fact, my understanding was the opposite, that you COULD purchase directly. I have read that there would be certain items that could only be unlocked through completing challenges, but certainly not everything. I see no dishonesty or misinformation happening.
You all really need to brush up on reading comprehension. I can see why OP gave up.
You all really need to brush up on reading comprehension. I can see why OP gave up.
I just really don't care. As long as it's not buying gameplay advantages, it's whatever to me. As long as they don't make XP ridiculous and have enough challenges like the MCC, it'll work for me.
i think even without buying battle pass tiers it will be fine. I made it to tier 10 of this test battlepass on the first day, and i didnt even have to play for hours and hours. i just did the challenges and used 1 30 min xp boost. I think the battle pass system is good and Im glad they wont ever expire and that they got rid of loot crates.
I mean, they already told everyone that you can use your money to buy cosmetics but if you didn’t want to spend real money, it can also be earned by just playing.

If some one wants to spend $100 to complete the battle pass, more power to them. I’ll get everything by playing eventually anyway, no skin off my back.
The general consensus is we don't care if some will choose to empty their wallets just to get cosmetics faster. They are just cosmetics.
FTC Anvil wrote:
So it's been said that we will never be able to outright buy stuff like armors and whatnot from challenges, etc... but what about how it looks that we will be able to buy the in game currency and use that to skip ahead in the battle pass? Sure, I'm not buying the armor with real money, I'm buying the in game money to buy the levels which give me the armor.

Knowing how a lot of games that use these battle pass systems work, I'm betting earning cR in game will be just slow enough to make people want to spend real money to get it faster.
I’m fine with this approach though. It means I have the ability to sit down and work on the battle pass to get what I want. And it’s never going away so I won’t feel rushed. Personally that gives the game longevity for me.

On the other side of the spectrum, if someone can only play a few hours a week they have the ability to purchase levels on the battle pass if they so choose to. But that doesn’t mean they will get a cosmetic from it that I can’t.
Oh ok, I see what they're doing. So you don't have to buy the battle pass when every season comes out, and you can work on any season that comes out. I thought you would have to buy it for every individual season that came out. Or, am I seeing this wrong?
Correct, each season will have a battle pass for purchase. But you don’t need it to get stuff.

the caveat is that there are some stuff you can get for buying the battle pass. Basically each level has two items. One for regular and one people can also get if they bought it.

To counter that is that each seasons battle pass doesn’t go away. 7 seasons from now you can go back and purchase a battle pass if there’s something you want in it.

There is some pay element to get both items from a battle pass but then again the game is F2P so I guess they need money some how.

I got this information from the Pre Tech Preview Live Stream the 28th of July.
Thank you for replying and sharing that info. I heard that it's $15. It's nice to know that you don't have to invest a lot your time and money into the game at once to get the armor you're trying to get.
It's just cosmetics also I prefer the battlepass and store system wayyyyyyy more than the awful lootbox system that is the req system

Also every battlepass system I've encountered minus mcc has had the option to buy tiers it's nothing new
I would also like to point out mcc shouldn't be used as a reason why infinite shouldn't have a option to buy tiers as it's not a f2p game and infinite multiplayer is
FTC Anvil wrote:

Yeah I don't love it. As a full time college student and parent I, A: don't have a lot of time and B: am super broke. I don't like the idea that money or time is how to unlock stuff, I massively prefer the mcc model pass.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4