Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Campaign Customization

OP X11 XOMAN

When is Halo infinite comes out I'm hoping that we will have some customization options in campaign like the ability to use armor skins or armor coatings as well as weapon skins I know some people would say there's no reason for it but take Doom Eternal for example I love the ability to use armor skins and weapons skins in the campaign I know Halo is a first person shooter but if done right you would see the armor skins and weapon skins in the cutscenes almost forgot I like to see vehicle skins in the campaign as well it also would be nice to be able to find and equip different variants of chiefs armor skulls need to be in Halo infinite especially the bandana skull I'm not too pleased with what I've seen ammo capacity wise looks just as bad as Halo 5 if not worse I know some people will probably think it's great but running out of ammo after every encounter in opinion is annoying very very very much annoying especially in Heroic and Legendary also I've touched on this before it would be nice to find dog tags of fallen Spartans or Marines that could contain some background story and background information on the marine or Spartan imagine finding Noble Teams dog tags that would be nice I also noticed the pistol in the gameplay trailer I hope there is different variants I like the old look from the Halo CE e the best if they really feel the need to decrease ammo once again then have a c e mode where we can carry lots of ammunition for our weapons last thing scope, barrel, ammo, and magazine customization and upgrades for our weapons would also be nice what do you all think another thing I like to use special weapons in the campaign like in Halo 5 however a little more frequently and have some extra ammo lying around for those special weapons throughout the levels
This is a great idea. Except for armor skins.
I’d like to see your own weapon skins tho.
This is a great idea. Except for armor skins.
I’d like to see your own weapon skins tho.
That would be cool, I always wanted gun skins to show up in the campaign too.
Considering the campaign focusing on John and him usually opting to using more default variant designs (in the Bungie era and more exclusive modded variants in the 343 era), I doubt we will have any customizational options in campaign. Maybe if they have a secondary campaign similar to Spartan-Ops from Halo 4 where we played as our multiplayer Spartan then maybe. I'd love to explore Installation 07 with my own custom Spartan.
Ken Static wrote:
Considering the campaign focusing on John and him usually opting to using more default variant designs (in the Bungie era and more exclusive modded variants in the 343 era), I doubt we will have any customizational options in campaign. Maybe if they have a secondary campaign similar to Spartan-Ops from Halo 4 where we played as our multiplayer Spartan then maybe. I'd love to explore Installation 07 with my own custom Spartan.
Ken Static wrote:
Don't know why it didn't save my writing the first time I quoted anyway I don't understand why we can't have customizational ability in campaign other games have done it I think 343 industries could learn from these other games I mean Doom Eternal is a very good example they didn't have vehicle skins in that game but that's because there are no vehicles however they have armor skins and weapon skins that you can use in the campaign
X11 XOMAN wrote:
Ken Static wrote:
Don't know why it didn't save my writing the first time I quoted anyway I don't understand why we can't have customizational ability in campaign other games have done it I think 343 industries could learn from these other games I mean Doom Eternal is a very good example they didn't have vehicle skins in that game but that's because there are no vehicles however they have armor skins and weapon skins that you can use in the campaign
Exactly. I don't know why so many people are against campaign customization. The default look will still be canon. For your example of Doom Eternal, it's not like the unicorn or zombie skins are canon, and no one has an issue with those there, so why do Halo fans feel the need to gatekeep stuff like this?
X11 XOMAN wrote:
Ken Static wrote:
Exactly. I don't know why so many people are against campaign customization. The default look will still be canon. For your example of Doom Eternal, it's not like the unicorn or zombie skins are canon, and no one has an issue with those there, so why do Halo fans feel the need to gatekeep stuff like this?
I'm pretty sure that Noble Six running around with his head on fire or generating love hearts isn't canon either 😂 People who gatekeep this kind of stuff tend to forget that little part.