Campaign is priced out

OP SSJagdpanther6

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
The campaign is $80 in Canada. I think this prices a lot of people out, especially for a 5 hour campaign when the multiplayer is completely separate. A lot of people would probably forego the campaign this time and just watch walkthroughs on YouTube for the story. This isn't just disappointing for the players but also for the single-player devs too that worked hard on the campaign but sadly won't have it enjoyed as widely as before.
Honestly just play it on Gamepass. The campaign is probably only worth $15 anyway
In the game's defense, it is going to be a 10 year long game with (hopefully) yearly updates + new content added. While I don't believe it is going to be just a 5 hour game, I do remember reading that it is going to be longer than H4 & H5 combined (please correct me if I'm wrong). All in all, I think the price is justified for being 60$ USD or 80$ CAD for pre-order.

Edit: It's also coming in December, so the price will probably drop a week or so before Christmas.
The campaign is $80 in Canada. I think this prices a lot of people out, especially for a 5 hour campaign.
the game is confirmed to be semi open world and features side missions in halo for the first time, so we can't make any confident claims about the game's length. as far as we know it could be a 30 hour game like borderlands.
The campaign is $80 in Canada. I think this prices a lot of people out, especially for a 5 hour campaign when the multiplayer is completely separate. A lot of people would probably forego the campaign this time and just watch walkthroughs on YouTube for the story. This isn't just disappointing for the players but also for the single-player devs too that worked hard on the campaign but sadly won't have it enjoyed as widely as before.
Has it been confirmed that the campaign is 5 hours?
Tariq9898 wrote:
Has it been confirmed that the campaign is 5 hours?
No, it has not.
What on earth makes you think it'll only be 5hrs? That'd be the shortest mainline halo ever.

That's a ridiculous presumption.
5 Hours? No Halo has ever been that short. Also, considering that this is semi-open world and 343 has stated that the game's world is a couple of times larger than the last two put together we can safely assume it will be at least be over 10 hrs. I have spent $60 on other single-player focused campaigns and will continue to do so if they are entertaining and high quality. So I don't see the issue doing that here.
Assumptions stated as facts. That's the internet for you.
How do you know the campaign will be 5 hours? Also they are focusing more on the multiplayer more but if we are gonna pay 60-80 dollars it better add more stuff then just the campaign.
Halo 5's main story was about 8 hours long (Source: HowLongToBeat) I would assume halo infinite would be around the same length but lots of players can end up getting 20+ with all the completionist tasks to do in all the other halo's. Is it worth the going rate now that multiplayer is cut out of it to be on its own? Probably not. But if they lowered it then that would make it seem like the game is suboptimal which for marketing sake they can't do, charge full price and have it go on sale down the line and you'll make way more money.
Halo Infinite will be longer than 5 hours, it'll have side missions and 343i will likely add to it over time.
That's not even expensive lmao.

PS5 games have been retailing in the UK for 120 Canadian dollars. You can always get it cheaper, but definitely not $80 cheap.

It's $95 Canadian here in the UK at standard retailers.
I'm not getting my hopes too high, but what makes you think the campaign will only be 5 hours?

If 343 is charging 60 dollars for a campaign it better be at least 20 hours of content.
Ken2379 wrote:
That's not even expensive lmao.

PS5 games have been retailing in the UK for 120 Canadian dollars. You can always get it cheaper, but definitely not $80 cheap.

It's $95 Canadian here in the UK at standard retailers.
are new games in the UK 60 pounds after or before VAT? in canada we pay $80 + HST which puts it at $90.
Ken2379 wrote:
are new games in the UK 60 pounds after or before VAT? in canada we pay $80 + HST which puts it at $90.
£70 for PS5, but smaller online retailers do it for £60/£65.

Most new games are £50, but Infinite RRP is £55. All prices inclusive of VAT so they aren't too far off each other. It's pretty standard pricing for next gen games unless Canada is usually cheaper and HI is an outlier?
How do you know the campaign will be 5 hours? Also they are focusing more on the multiplayer more but if we are gonna pay 60-80 dollars it better add more stuff then just the campaign.
That’s exactly what I was thinking. Maybe with the campaign you get access to a proper ranking system that’ll allow you to unlock any armour piece available overtime? That would be nice, that way people who actually pay for the game don’t have to also deal with a plethora of micro transactions in the game they paid 80 for?…
I don't have a problem paying 60 dollars for the game.
kevinjs1 wrote:
I don't have a problem paying 60 dollars for the game.
even if you paid 60 dollars before to get campaign and multiplayer in halo before? Doesnt matter if your rich you are still getting ripped off. They should honestly make the campaign 30 dollars and even that may be too much.
Ken2379 wrote:
Ken2379 wrote:
£70 for PS5, but smaller online retailers do it for £60/£65.

Most new games are £50, but Infinite RRP is £55. All prices inclusive of VAT so they aren't too far off each other. It's pretty standard pricing for next gen games unless Canada is usually cheaper and HI is an outlier?
i've actually never bought a game in-store in years so no idea, but ik on steam all new triple A games are $79.99 CAD.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4