1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
the campaign in halo 5 is pretty bad. im not gonna defend it at all. but halo infinite is a fresh start. since it takes place after halo five by like, five years, they can just say that fireteam osiris died and so did blue team. at least do something to fix the expostion loving tanaka,kelly and linda. the extra characters was pointless and could have been executed alot better. my opinion? have missions with just locke and cheif if osiris is remaining in the game. have cutscenes just for character development on these characters. maybe locke could tell chief about how he became a spartan, his motivations and relationship with his team. this would definetly help with locke. when it comes to vale, buck and tanaka, dont just tell us what they have been through. show us and let us maybe even play it. this would definetly make it a lot easier to like these characters.thats just my opinion though, so yeah.
343i already confirmed that Hi will be a Chief centric campaign with him as the sole playable character. While I freaking loved Arbiter's missions in H2, overall I think it's a good thing for them to keep the focus on one single protagonist.
Who knows? The Arbiter might be on your side just like Halo 3.
the campaign in halo 5 is pretty bad. im not gonna defend it at all. but halo infinite is a fresh start. since it takes place after halo five by like, five years, they can just say that fireteam osiris died and so did blue team. at least do something to fix the expostion loving tanaka,kelly and linda. the extra characters was pointless and could have been executed alot better. my opinion? have missions with just locke and cheif if osiris is remaining in the game. have cutscenes just for character development on these characters. maybe locke could tell chief about how he became a spartan, his motivations and relationship with his team. this would definetly help with locke. when it comes to vale, buck and tanaka, dont just tell us what they have been through. show us and let us maybe even play it. this would definetly make it a lot easier to like these characters.thats just my opinion though, so yeah.
It take place less then 2 years after halo 5,idk where you got 5 years from
It's an unpopular opinion but I really think they can make him much more interesting in H6. He's not a bad character, just executed poorly in H5, like everything else.

Also, I thought H6 took place like 1 year after H5?
Killing off Blue Team is one of the dumbest ideas ever. They're Chief's oldest and closest friends. Just because they weren't done right in Halo 5, that doesn't mean you kill them off in the next game. You can improve in the next game, but it's also an absolute spit in the face to the characters and those who love them.
Killing off Blue Team is one of the dumbest ideas ever. They're Chief's oldest and closest friends. Just because they weren't done right in Halo 5, that doesn't mean you kill them off in the next game. You can improve in the next game, but it's also an absolute spit in the face to the characters and those who love them.
This.

If we're killing off things that were done poorly in h5, you might as well make the universe implode.
I'm pretty frightened what type of stuff 343 is going to come out with for the campaign. Everyone is excited that its returning to its old art design but that doesn't mean its going to have good gameplay or campaign. I'm still on the fence. Hopefully we don't have a Halo 5 scenario in which the advertisements don't have anything to do with the actual game at all.
prety true

<p></p>
I have high hopes that they learned from the mistakes in Halo 5 and instead of just erasing them all, I genuinely believe they will make them right in the new game and acknowledge Halo 5. The revertv in art style is a wonderful sign of that.
I think the campaign should be longer the first half focusing on Prometheans second half on banished. Maybe have the banished join the UNSC and on the final level with Prometheans Locke, Arbiter, and Atriox join chief to defeat Cortana. I'm fine with Locke but if he dies, after they defeat Cortana he says "we did it" then Atriox says "yes" and turns around and crushes his skull. Before chief and arbiter can do any thing a bunch of banished come in and they have to fight their way out.
I think the campaign should be longer the first half focusing on Prometheans second half on banished. Maybe have the banished join the UNSC and on the final level with Prometheans Locke, Arbiter, and Atriox join chief to defeat Cortana. I'm fine with Locke but if he dies, after they defeat Cortana he says "we did it" then Atriox says "yes" and turns around and crushes his skull. Before chief and arbiter can do any thing a bunch of banished come in and they have to fight their way out.
I don't see how this could happen under any real circumstance. For one; Atriox is pro antihuman. He would sooner kill a human than work alongside them, plus he's a survivor. He would consider his army of Banished capable of surviving on their own. Second off; the UNSC would never consider working with the Banished because of the nature of their existence. It's the same scenario as the Covenant. The Elites were an exception because they willingly traded sides to work with the humans.

But I would be lying if I said I wasn't interested in the Halo Wars and normal Halo storylines crossing paths.
Have Osiris and Blue Team die...off-screen? Son, you're opening up a whole can of worms that I don't think you'd be prepared for if 343 did that.
I don’t see how they could segway into a plot about the Banished. They could, like with what a lot of the books n HW2 itself are doing, tell a totally self contained story separate from Cortana taking over the galaxy; just with Chief on the ring.

But it was the cliffhanger to Halo 5 and it would be strange to leave that unresolved. Simply put Atriox is not in the same league of threat as Cortana. At the end of the day he is basically just another Covenant splinter faction. Whereas, you have an AI which controls the Domain, has the Guardians, the Prometheus and has already conquered most of the galaxy. You can’t top that with a Brute Warlord. Only the Flood getting loose would top that and I think that’s beyond the scope of one game. IMHO.
They should stay on the main story of defeating Cortana you finish the game when you defeat cortana or whatever happens but then they make a dlc where you go back to the ark because you get a signal or something and then you fight the banished with the spirit of fire.
I think they should make one of the missions in infinite one where the infinity is crashing down on zeta halo and you do a warthog run through the infinity as it is collapsing because prometheans are attacking it and so a bunch of new paths will be created by explosions and you need to get to a pelican in a hangar and once you get to it you will fly out of the infinity and while you fly the pelican the infinity crashes and is destroyed on zeta halo.
The Halo 6 campaign should go back to the old co-op campaign.
I’m a little afraid that there won’t be a smooth transition from 5 to infinite. They have stated they are aiming for a simpler story so that a newcomer who’s never played any of the previous games won’t be lost as to what’s going on. I could be wrong (I hope I am) but it sounds to me like the story arc between humans and the created will be dropped. Especially considering the game takes place approx 2 years after the events of 5
MEDICVS wrote:
I’m a little afraid that there won’t be a smooth transition from 5 to infinite. They have stated they are aiming for a simpler story so that a newcomer who’s never played any of the previous games won’t be lost as to what’s going on. I could be wrong (I hope I am) but it sounds to me like the story arc between humans and the created will be dropped. Especially considering the game takes place approx 2 years after the events of 5
I think what they mean is that the war between the Created and the rest of the galaxy will have been two years old, so you as the player would drop in two years after the start. The Covenant War raged for 30 years, so two years is nothing.

As far as bringing the Halo Wars story line back into the universe at large, a cool end credits scene could be the Chief standing on the bridge of the Infinity, briefing Lasky on Cortana (defeated or otherwise), and a comms officer says something like "sir? I'm getting a strange signal on an old UNSC band." And when Lasky has him put it on the loud speaker, the Chief visibly tenses as he hears the tune of Oly Oly Oxen Free come over the loud speaker. Then Chief whispers "All out in the free. We're all free." I think I've heard this idea from a Youtube channel, so don't credit me with it if you like it haha.

It would be great fan service for the lore community and somewhat of a cliff hanger for the more casual fans.
MEDICVS wrote:
I think what they mean is that the war between the Created and the rest of the galaxy will have been two years old, so you as the player would drop in two years after the start. The Covenant War raged for 30 years, so two years is nothing.

As far as bringing the Halo Wars story line back into the universe at large, a cool end credits scene could be the Chief standing on the bridge of the Infinity, briefing Lasky on Cortana (defeated or otherwise), and a comms officer says something like "sir? I'm getting a strange signal on an old UNSC band." And when Lasky has him put it on the loud speaker, the Chief visibly tenses as he hears the tune of Oly Oly Oxen Free come over the loud speaker. Then Chief whispers "All out in the free. We're all free." I think I've heard this idea from a Youtube channel, so don't credit me with it if you like it haha.

It would be great fan service for the lore community and somewhat of a cliff hanger for the more casual fans.
I like it, it’d be a nice nod to the lore. I was glad they put it in 5, although I thought it could’ve been used better.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3