OP THI5 GUYY

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
I’m not so sure, Doom Eternal is ditching it’s traditional Multiplayer because they say it fell flat

Also off topic question, is Doom 2016’s Multiplayer have some players or is it completely dead?
I don't think we're discussing the inclusion of multiplayer, it's about DOOM 2016 being a good example of and old game being true to it's roots, but relevant today, and can Halo Infinite learn from that ? The multiplayer didn't fall flat, but some fans didn't like the loadouts. It was ok multiplayer, but it was and is an excellent campaign that is DOOM to it's core.

Off topic, I can easily find a game here in the U.K, it might be different for others. However, I just tried before posting and I got a game of TDM in less than 40 seconds. It's even quicker on weekends, but it's all shotgun, super shotgun and rockets for the most part lol.
Doom 2016 mp felt a little halo-Esk to me , maybe because of certain affinity's involvement , I can't quite put my finger on it as I don't play the mp often enough to really analyse it , but certainly more halo-Esk than it is doom- Esk ,
halo 5 , call of duty infinite titanfall 2 and even bf5 could all pass as the same game as far as the feel movement systems .
Haloesque in what way ? Halo is slower, no insta kills, no gore, no blood, no full customisation, ie head, torso, left and right arms, left and right legs, base armour, no health pick ups, no armour pick ups, there's no sprint mechanic in DOOM, it's run and gun, you have full colour customisation to guns and armour etc. They're not comparable imo, DOOM 2016 is DOOM mulitplayer, apart from the loadouts.

The same goes for the campaign, it's classic DOOM in a new title, something I hope Halo Infinite can learn from.
My comment is only in reference to the multi player component of doom 2016
I understand the game mechanics and combat loop your referring to but I still get a strong halo vibe from it , I'd need to spend a lot more time on it to articulate it a more coherent manner ( I'm not that's the only one who thinks this btw a few content creators with halo backgrounds have said similar things ) customisation isn't even a relevant factor in gaming to me at all ,
doom multi player doesn't feel much like the doom single mode at all to me ( even the devs stated this more than a few times ) hence the new change up for doom eternal mp with battle mode
Each to their own. However I see nothing Haloesque about it. I still think it's true to DOOM's roots and I think Halo Infinite can learn, or take inspiration from it.
Doesn't really matter as it's totally off topic anyway in regards to the discussion at hand. Doom is a great title that's has done a great job at rebooting itself, wolfenstein also had done similar things until recently. Classic halo was like lightening in a bottle, unlikely 343 can recapture it, but one can always hope.
I’m not so sure, Doom Eternal is ditching it’s traditional Multiplayer because they say it fell flat

Also off topic question, is Doom 2016’s Multiplayer have some players or is it completely dead?
I played it a bunch. Actually should probably get back in. Haven't touched it in a month.
THI5 GUYY wrote:
I had to post this out of curiosity....

So DOOM has become increasingly popular again due to the success of DOOM (2016) which was considered a “spiritual reboot” for the series like Halo: Infinite is considered a “spiritual reboot”. After DOOM 3 which was heavily criticized by fans it seems that id Software is bringing the franchise back by going back to its roots from DOOM 1 & 2 while also modernizing by building on what the series was good at. Halo (another classic game franchise) has had its fair share of criticism over the last few years, especially since Halo 4 & Halo 5 for getting away from what halo was.

Im not asking which game is the better game. I love both games (Halo will always be #1) but I’m asking what Halo: Infinite can do do recapture the classic Halo gameplay and feel, but also keeping it modern without copying other games (like they did with H4 & H5)

your thoughts....
Excellent thought here OP. The first time I played Doom 2016 I was quite impressed with how it felt to move and shoot with no sprint, spartan abilities, etc. I thought to myself that if Halo Infinite moved away from the "advanced movement" that having it feel like Doom does would be a good place to land. Modern yet classic. Hard to explain if folks havn't played it but def see what your saying.
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:

I don't think we're discussing the inclusion of multiplayer, it's about DOOM 2016 being a good example of and old game being true to it's roots, but relevant today, and can Halo Infinite learn from that ? The multiplayer didn't fall flat, but some fans didn't like the loadouts. It was ok multiplayer, but it was and is an excellent campaign that is DOOM to it's core.

Off topic, I can easily find a game here in the U.K, it might be different for others. However, I just tried before posting and I got a game of TDM in less than 40 seconds. It's even quicker on weekends, but it's all shotgun, super shotgun and rockets for the most part lol.
Doom 2016 mp felt a little halo-Esk to me , maybe because of certain affinity's involvement , I can't quite put my finger on it as I don't play the mp often enough to really analyse it , but certainly more halo-Esk than it is doom- Esk ,
halo 5 , call of duty infinite titanfall 2 and even bf5 could all pass as the same game as far as the feel movement systems .
Haloesque in what way ? Halo is slower, no insta kills, no gore, no blood, no full customisation, ie head, torso, left and right arms, left and right legs, base armour, no health pick ups, no armour pick ups, there's no sprint mechanic in DOOM, it's run and gun, you have full colour customisation to guns and armour etc. They're not comparable imo, DOOM 2016 is DOOM mulitplayer, apart from the loadouts.

The same goes for the campaign, it's classic DOOM in a new title, something I hope Halo Infinite can learn from.
I understand the game mechanics and combat loop your referring to but I still get a strong halo vibe from it , I'd need to spend a lot more time on it to articulate it a more coherent manner ( I'm not that's the only one who thinks this btw a few content creators with halo backgrounds have said similar things ) customisation isn't even a relevant factor in gaming to me at all ,
doom multi player doesn't feel much like the doom single mode at all to me ( even the devs stated this more than a few times ) hence the new change up for doom eternal mp with battle mode
Each to their own. However I see nothing Haloesque about it. I still think it's true to DOOM's roots and I think Halo Infinite can learn, or take inspiration from it.
unlikely 343 can recapture it,
I don't agree. Halo 4 was a good story, Halo 5 had the good multiplayer imo. The rng grind and poor story killed it for me. 343i have shown they can make a good game. I'm still skeptical, but I'm sure they can do it. I also think DOOM 2016 is a great example they can take inspiration from.
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:

I don't agree. Halo 4 was a good story, Halo 5 had the good multiplayer imo. The rng grind and poor story killed it for me. 343i have shown they can make a good game. I'm still skeptical, but I'm sure they can do it. I also think DOOM 2016 is a great example they can take inspiration from.
343 haven't shown a good halo game at all as yet though., some solid components in each 343 halo title for sure. but I'm scoring them 3 and 0
the mcc debacle certainly doesn't help the argument, how you mess up someone's else's ip so badly is beyond me.
Yes they could take inspiration from dooms reboot. Maybe take some from cods reboot as well or borderlands for sticking with a formula that works for that francise, who knows,
but 3 and 0 is the score
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:

343 haven't shown a good halo game at all as yet though., some solid components in each 343 halo title for sure. but I'm scoring them 3 and 0
the mcc debacle certainly doesn't help the argument, how you mess up someone's else's ip so badly is beyond me.
Yes they could take inspiration from dooms reboot. Maybe take some from cods reboot as well or borderlands for sticking with a formula that works for that francise, who knows,
but 3 and 0 is the score
I didn't say they have made a good Halo game to date. I stated the Halo 4 campaign was good and Halo 5's multiplayer was good (if you remove rng and grind). The MCC collection should have been the campaigns only imo, having all that multiplayer in one place was always going to be an issue. That's no excuse though, I got MCC refunded and I've never gone back.

I'm not writing them off entirely. I believe they're capable of making a good Halo game. I hope Halo Infinite will be that. I don't know anything about CoD's reboot or Borderlands. I only play CoD Blackout, and I have never played a Borderlands game, never will either. However I know DOOM, and I think it's a good example that 343i could take inspiration from.
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:

but 3 and 0 is the score
I didn't say they have made a good Halo game to date. I stated the Halo 4 campaign was good and Halo 5's multiplayer was good (if you remove rng and grind). The MCC collection should have been the campaigns only imo, having all that multiplayer in one place was always going to be an issue. That's no excuse though, I got MCC refunded and I've never gone back.

I'm not writing them off entirely. I believe they're capable of making a good Halo game. I hope Halo Infinite will be that. I don't know anything about CoD's reboot or Borderlands. I only play CoD Blackout, and I have never played a Borderlands game, never will either. However I know DOOM, and I think it's a good example that 343i could take inspiration from.
Time will tell I suppose ,
I certainly hope so, to me Halo 4 and 5 weren't not bad games if you took them out o the Halo franchise, they just did not feel like Halo games
I certainly hope so, to me Halo 4 and 5 weren't not bad games if you took them out o the Halo franchise, they just did not feel like Halo games
The gameplay wasn't great in either title , they really only sold as well as did because of the halo name.
Art style doesn't necessarily equate to a return to form. Now personally I have enjoyed all of the Halo games, bungie-era and 343. I think the newer art style turned a lot of people off, and I often wonder how people would judge the games if they didn't know it was a different developer.

This is purely anecdotal evidence, but my brother in law had played all the Halo games and we jumped into Halo 4 and only after we beat it did he realize it wasn't made by Bungie. So I think as the "hardcore" fans we often overestimate these types of changes. We all crave a "return to form" but for a lot of casual fans, they will buy Halo regardless because it is still "Halo" to them.
The critics would hate it Because they would suck at it.
The gameplay wasn't great in either title , they really only sold as well as did because of the halo name.
5 was a pretty sold game with even spawns.... It was better than Reach.
TBH I found DOOM 16 to be kind of boring. Now Shadow Warrior on the other hand...
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2