Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Can he do it?

OP SergeantCaleb56

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I wonder if the best way to do it is for Chief to fail at taking the chance to defeat her at first and then coming back around to it later in the game. Maybe "Discover Hope," happens after and because of Chief's initial failure to take Cortana down, and the rest of the game is him working for another shot and wondering if he'll waste it too.

It might be interesting for Chief to be struggling with the same question we are in this thread with both the weight of failure and Cortana and his past hanging around his neck. It'd make for a great resolution to both the in game story and the subplot of John's humanity in 4-5 if that's his central struggle in the game. Of course for things to go the best way they can, having Chief ultimately choose his mission to preserve humanity over his personal attachment to Cortana will feel the most earned and make the most sense in relation to the entire series of Chief-centric Halo games (in my opinion, of course).

"As soldiers, it's our job to protect Humanity- whatever the cost." - Paraphrasing John in Halo 4. This line is essentially what will be paid off if they go this way.
I wonder if the best way to do it is for Chief to fail at taking the chance to defeat her at first and then coming back around to it later in the game. Maybe "Discover Hope," happens after and because of Chief's initial failure to take Cortana down, and the rest of the game is him working for another shot and wondering if he'll waste it too.

It might be interesting for Chief to be struggling with the same question we are in this thread with both the weight of failure and Cortana and his past hanging around his neck. It'd make for a great resolution to both the in game story and the subplot of John's humanity in 4-5 if that's his central struggle in the game. Of course for things to go the best way they can, having Chief ultimately choose his mission to preserve humanity over his personal attachment to Cortana will feel the most earned and make the most sense in relation to the entire series of Chief-centric Halo games (in my opinion, of course).

"As soldiers, it's our job to protect Humanity- whatever the cost." - Paraphrasing John in Halo 4. This line is essentially what will be paid off if they go this way.
This is arguably the most realistic answer, in terms of how the theme of Halo has been moving. In fact, I could see Cortana killing a large number of people after Chief FAILS to stop her. At that point, Blue Team might have a new motive, instead of capture, focus on 'stopping the problem'.

1. Plan 1: Capture.
2. Plan 1: Fails.
3. Rethink Situation. Emotional tug, someone dies, Lasky? <- not sure about that... Hopefully not.
4. Team Osiris/Locke gets involved with some 'Gentle persuasion'.
5. Plan 2: Kill.
6. Plan 2: About to succeed.
7. Two missions or even 1 mission before the end, they figure something out about Cortana.
8. Cortana gets saved.
9. ???
10. Profit.
Will the master chief have to put and end to Cortana? Can the master chief put and end to Cortana? If you remember, in halo 3 campaign when sergeant Johnson dies he said, "Don't let her go." Right before he dies. Will he keep that promise, or try to take down Cortana for good?
I feel like if it happens (God I hope it doesn't) that Master Chief will struggle and/or not bring himself to do it so the Arbiter or someone else will have to help him. The idea of that happening........I don't wanna even think about.
Will the master chief have to put and end to Cortana? Can the master chief put and end to Cortana? If you remember, in halo 3 campaign when sergeant Johnson dies he said, "Don't let her go." Right before he dies. Will he keep that promise, or try to take down Cortana for good?
God i really dont know how i would feel about this! Hard dicision if you ask me!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2