Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

character abilities

OP ItsBosscraft18

What I mean by this is like in rainbow six siege you have these set character and each one has their own abilities. I want something like that implemented into infinite. So in campaign and multiplayer you pick a character then when in multiplayer you activate the ability. Each character could have their own customization so maybe you can make chief look like halo 4/5 chief if you like that look. Then on the other side it could be elites and have arby looking like h2a design. There could also be a default spartan and elite with their own basic abilities. Maybe chief pulls out the ce pistol as his ability. Perhaps Kelly's is spartan time. Plz feel free to come kill if you disagree
I think that's a good idea. They could realy mix it with different armour types too. It depends how Halo Infinite is designed imo.
Wasn't that just armour abilities from Reach and 4?

You know, the shield which heals your team, or the auto sentry which charges up over time. Pick one before the game starts.
I'm pretty sure they were controversial and overall not a brilliant idea in Halo. Expanding that into full character abilities, like giving players the Halo CE pistol as a super, and passive abilities in general, seems like a bad idea. I like borrowing idea from other games but maybe this one can stay in Rainbow Six.

You know, the shield which heals your team, or the auto sentry which charges up over time. Pick one before the game starts.
I'm pretty sure they were controversial and overall not a brilliant idea in Halo. Expanding that into full character abilities, like giving players the Halo CE pistol as a super, and passive abilities in general, seems like a bad idea. I like borrowing idea from other games but maybe this one can stay in Rainbow Six.
i agree we need fair starts

What I mean is not a powerup that you can pick up but an actual ability specified to a particular character from the lore
No thank you I'd rather they keep the fair start system for Halo. Maybe they could do this as a separate mode but preferably not.
No thank you I'd rather they keep the fair start system for Halo. Maybe they could do this as a separate mode but preferably not.
I couldn't agree more.

I don't want Halo to turn into Overwatch or Apex or whatever. Just like battle royal, if MS/343I want to do this, then make a completely separate game.
Not a bad idea but Halo kind of touched on the abilities part already with with specializations in Halo 4 and Armor Mods in Halo 5. In Halo 5's campaign, the playable characters had more than one armor mod available to themselves. Bungie at one point wanted the Arbiter armor to be available in Halo 3's multiplayer but that was scrapped. Plus, Bungie and 343 often try to prevent players from fully replicating other characters so it doesn't seem too likely. I still like the idea though.
Hard pass, I accepted Reach's take on classes but hated H4's. I want to see Infinite be a real arena shooter. Not a another class-based game clone or a cod clone.
I personally dislike the "classes" thing. I'm ok with loadouts, as long as you can't start with something overpowered, but classes is taking it too far. As for set characters, that is WAY off. I want to play as my own character. I would be ok with this in campaign, possibly, but I don't want it to effect the story the way it did in halo 5.

What I mean is not a powerup that you can pick up but an actual ability specified to a particular character from the lore
Functionally they work the same. Armour Abilities are always picked before the game and are almost never pick ups.
Sounds alot like Overwatch or Apex, with each character having distinct "abilities".