Character modles too bulky

OP Spartan21097

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
What happened to the lean, mean, green fighting machine we all know and love?
Is it just me or does chief look like he's had too much cheese cake?

Edit: the pelican pilot's proportions look off to me as well
That's just the armour design. It's heavily based of Chief's Mk IV armour from Halo Legends: The Package, and Forward Unto Dawn. It's unclear, as of yet, whether this is that same armour or not, just updated to suit modern needs.
They look pretty normal to me. Way better than all of the skinny twigs in Halo 3.
All you nit-picky people. Nothing looked way out of proportion, and it's not even the final release. We're still almost 2 years away, don't be so judgmental.

Cheese cake is delicious.

The Spartan Field Manual mentioned that MJOLNIR Gen 3 (trailer confirmed he is wearing gen 3) is going to have more bulk/protection like Gen 1.

https://www.halopedia.org/MJOLNIR_Powered_Assault_Armor_(GEN3)
Chief looks good to me. Looks like he has the mass to back up the power of a Spartan. TBH in the older games looked a little twiggy.

No he looks like a Space Marine. He’s awesome.
I love his new look. Chief looks jacked. I personally think he looks better now than he did in H2-H3. There's a real sense to his armor's bulk now too.

They took the functional and industrial look of the H4-5 armor and combined it with H2-3 armor. And it just looks awesome.
He looks awesome, I love the bulkier look. Looks like he has more impact to him.
That's just the armour design. It's heavily based of Chief's Mk IV armour from Halo Legends: The Package, and Forward Unto Dawn. It's unclear, as of yet, whether this is that same armour or not, just updated to suit modern needs.
Everyone seems to be thrown off by the big white '117' on his armour. Aside from that, it looks nothing like the FUD/Package armour. It's much more akin to the classic Halo 2 and 3 armour.
Here. Look at these:
It looks awful. What happened to tge model from last years e3??? Seriously wtf
He's now got that HaloCE look of a tank and I approve. Personally the shoulder pads I don't especially like but I love the bulky look overall. I'd be happy with a return to a full HaloCE look but that wont happen and anyway this is both chunky and stylish at this point. Overall they nailed that sense of weight we first felt back when the first game launched and that's very pleasing
lol, I'm actually shocked there are this many people criticizing this 'new' armor design. Can't please everyone right?
I for one think this is his best armor design yet! Really liked his 2/3 design which this heavily seems based off but incorporates stuff from his other armors and gives him a nice bulkier (but not too bulky) look.
While it does seem... 'wide', there could be gameplay readability reasons for that if the cutscene is directly using in-game proportions and models.

Then again, I'm not about to judge a game on a cinematic trailer anyway. I'm mostly burned out on waiting another year for real info pertaining to gameplay.
Leave Chief alone! Let the man eat!
I think it looks good
I like it, we have mark VI look going on with a bit of bulk which I enjoyed seeing in Halo: Reach. It's a good kind of mix and I'm liking it so far. His suit in Halo 4 & 5 looks good but it's always a trip down memory lane seeing him in a suit like this. This has bin and always should be the chief's main look.
I made some color and gamma ajustments and morphed the armor a bit.
The morph i did gives greater arm and leg range of motion. This lack of movement room is less pronounced in the halo 3 and 4/5 armor, but more in the live action armor.

Imgur: Halo infinite E3 2019: Proposition for advanced designs
It looks -Yoinking!- great, I really don't see why some people are upset over this. Chief is supposed to be a super soldier, and not some little lightweight Instagram model.
It looks -Yoinking!- great, I really don't see why some people are upset over this. Chief is supposed to be a super soldier, and not some little lightweight Instagram model.
The bulk is fine, but i think the gap between the upper arm guard and chestplate should be a little bit bigger, because now it looks like his range of movement is impared.
my previous post has an ajusted image.

Edit: previous link is broken:

Halo infinite E3 2019: Proposition for advanced designs
Echo p q wrote:
The bulk is fine, but i think the gap between the upper arm guard and chestplate should be a little bit bigger, because now it looks like his range of movement is impared.
my previous post has an ajusted image.
That's because he is not standing up straight in this picture.

Also, losing some range of movement is unavoidable in effective realistic armor design. Because you want to keep the potential weak spots as few and as small as possible. What matters is that the soldier can still fight effectively while wearing the armor. Soldiers does not need to be able to do backflips etc, that's just a bonus.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4