Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Chief’s Mark VI Armor as the default armor

OP FestivHunter

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I think 343 is going with the Mark VII as the default. They likely keeping their little tradition of John's armor being exclusive to him like the fans demanded back in Halo 4's heyday.
So in every BUNGIE game the Protagonist’s armor was the default multiplayer armor. In Halo 4,5 the default armor is Recruit, which I honestly don’t have a problem with, asides from that’s another thing 343 changed. Because Infinite is supposed to bring back Halo back, To fix what has been messed up. Does anyone want to see MK VI as the default? Or are you fine with Recruit? Or maybe a new default armor?
Just thought I'd bold that part, because 343 can say that, but they're certainly not doing that, based on the gameplay trailer.

Anyway, it depends on whether this is a modified set of Mark VI or not. In Halo 3, you don't actually have Chief's armor. Chief's armor has damage on it that the default in Halo 3's MP doesn't have. You also don't get to access Chief's colors ever, same with the Arbiter's armor. It's possible it'll be in, but it won't be like Chief's
Delta5931 wrote:
So in every BUNGIE game the Protagonist’s armor was the default multiplayer armor. In Halo 4,5 the default armor is Recruit, which I honestly don’t have a problem with, asides from that’s another thing 343 changed. Because Infinite is supposed to bring back Halo back, To fix what has been messed up. Does anyone want to see MK VI as the default? Or are you fine with Recruit? Or maybe a new default armor?
Just thought I'd bold that part, because 343 can say that, but they're certainly not doing that, based on the gameplay trailer.

Anyway, it depends on whether this is a modified set of Mark VI or not. In Halo 3, you don't actually have Chief's armor. Chief's armor has damage on it that the default in Halo 3's MP doesn't have. You also don't get to access Chief's colors ever, same with the Arbiter's armor. It's possible it'll be in, but it won't be like Chief's
What you’re saying is technically true. What I meant is that the default MP armor for all BUNGIE games was the protagonists armor. I don’t really care if there aren’t any scratches. It’s still MK. VI. It was issued to most Spartans by 2552. So we obviously don’t play as Master Chief in MP, but as other Spartans.
and I know about the colors, but you get the jist right? In Halo CE, you got MK. V. In Halo 2,3 you got MK VI. In ODST the default Firefight armor was the Rookie’s. In Reach the default is Noble Six’ armor. My point in this post was that I personally hope to see the Mark VI as the default armor for MP.
Delta5931 wrote:

What you’re saying is technically true. What I meant is that the default MP armor for all BUNGIE games was the protagonists armor. I don’t really care if there aren’t any scratches. It’s still MK. VI. It was issued to most Spartans by 2552. So we obviously don’t play as Master Chief in MP, but as other Spartans.
and I know about the colors, but you get the jist right? In Halo CE, you got MK. V. In Halo 2,3 you got MK VI. In ODST the default Firefight armor was the Rookie’s. In Reach the default is Noble Six’ armor. My point in this post was that I personally hope to see the Mark VI as the default armor for MP.
Oh I get that, I just think people get the wrong impression that you're asking for Chief's armor directly. As in, "I want my Spartan to look identical to Chief," and that has never been the case. Even in Firefight for ODST, Rookie can't look like his campaign self, I don't believe. And Noble Six doesn't have a canon set because Noble Six is you, ya know?
Anyway, I wouldn't mind a return to the original system of Protagonist-Type armor being the same starter set. Anything is better than starting with Recruit and that blue visor.
Delta5931 wrote:
Delta5931 wrote:

Oh I get that, I just think people get the wrong impression that you're asking for Chief's armor directly. As in, "I want my Spartan to look identical to Chief," and that has never been the case. Even in Firefight for ODST, Rookie can't look like his campaign self, I don't believe. And Noble Six doesn't have a canon set because Noble Six is you, ya know?
Anyway, I wouldn't mind a return to the original system of Protagonist-Type armor being the same starter set. Anything is better than starting with Recruit and that blue visor.
Ok I understand
Idk, it feels like they COULD add the h4/5 chief armour but it doesn't fit with their aesthetic anymore. Their new approach to multiplayer armours not including Chief's armour doesn't bother me. I am hoping for gen 2/3 style options but I know that's unlikely. Recruit ended up being my favourite helmet though! I wore it all through 4/5. I am hoping for a return, though I believe MKVII will be base and I'll use that.
Just thought I'd throw this out there.

343 setting 'Recruit' as the default MP armor followed the precedent Bungie created in Halo Reach, the title immediately before H4.

I personally like that Chief's armor can't be used directly in H4 and H5.
Seeing as how MkVII is the marketing model for all multiplayer unlocks (ie the armor coatings from codes) I'm pretty sure it's almost confirmed at this point. As someone else mentioned though, it would be neat to choose MkVI or MkVII as your starting armor to give us something to immediately work with.
The MK VII is probably going to be the default (Which I approve of, I love it!). I think that the MK VI Gen 3 will probably be a difficult armor to unlock due to it being the Master Chief's armor. Maybe being the Halo 3 Recon equivalent for Halo Infinite. Meaning that you have to EARN it. Something that I value in customization. (Another reason that my worst fear would be Halo Infinite's multiplayer being a Battle Royal. Due to BR's having a pay-to-look gud)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2