Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Chief's Visor actually reflects in real-time now?

OP BlackChamber487

Sorry for the brevity of the title to this thread - I had to go through 2 or 3 different permutations before it fit within the character limit...

...but anyhow, every HALO game starting with HALO 2's announcement trailer onward has showcased the Master Chief's Visor reflecting it's surroundings in real-time. In the retail builds however, it was a different story; as his Visors were just programmed with a texture mapped image.

Surely, with the power of the Xbox Series X, Master Chief's Visor can now finally be coded with real-time reflections in HALO INFINITE.

What is the consensus of this forum; fellow Spartans?
I would like to see, it's not to big of a thing but the little things like this add up making the experience a little better, plus it would be cool to see
Hmm, definitely a possibility. The campaign gameplay demo (now very old material tbh) cutscenes are in engine. A zoom in investigation might give us some details...
I would love it, not a huge priority but it was something I always enjoyed checking out in the games when I was younger and always being disappointed that it didn't work. Probably a tad difficult to add in for a smallish payoff, but again I would support it if 343 can find the time.
Not a big deal to me but yeah that would be cool. I wouldn't them to make the visor basically look like glass though. I like the more softer look but not completely matte.
Not a big deal to me but yeah that would be cool. I wouldn't them to make the visor basically look like glass though. I like the more softer look but not completely matte.
I remember the HALO 2 & 3 trailers showing Master Chief's Visor reflecting everything in real-time. It looked so cool!

I hope with Ray Tracing this can be accomplished🙏🏻
It also tends to have a certain metallic finish to it, particularly in Halo: Reach with Emile’s helmet. I always imagined it as more or a metal-crystalline composite, perhaps like corundum or ALON, than a type of glass.

Gives an arcane feeling to their nature, rather than a pure glass finish (which comes as being more that of a mundane scifi unit).
The way I see it, a real-time reflective visor won't matter much if there's no campaign theater.
It would be really cool if they had the visor reflect the environment in real time. Even if it's just for cutscenes it would add to the immersion and would look pretty cool. Still I don't think they will have something like that until they implement ray tracing into the game, which I think 343 said they would try to do sometime after launch.