OP DivantePlaysXBL

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
LoxtonA01 wrote:
LoxtonA01 wrote:
I don't think you can just simply remove a bunch of characters without explaining what happened to them. I would be okay if fireteam osiris returned in some way and hopefully they can do some bettee character development for them, Locke has potential to be a sweet character. Chief will eventually have to be replaced.......
Given the events in Halo: Bad Blood, it actually seems unlikely that we'll see much of Locke in Infinite.
Good book and worth a read!
It actually made me think that they'd lined the story up in it to both resolve a bunch of the issues in H:5G and to create a well to fish future Halo spinoffs out of.

Also, it'd be pretty cool if when they eventually replace Chief and blue team as the main protagonist that they did that with Buck and Alpha-9.
I think way more fans would identify with them than they did or would with Osiris.
Do I need to read new blood first to understand it or can I just jump into Bad Blood?
I was thinking of picking it up next time I'm in chapters so curious to know if I should pick up new blood too.
New Blood is definitely a good read as well. So if you've got time and enjoy a good sci-fi, I definitely suggest reading it, and it will give you more context to Buck joining Osiris and how he views Locke.
LoxtonA01 wrote:
LoxtonA01 wrote:
LoxtonA01 wrote:
I don't think you can just simply remove a bunch of characters without explaining what happened to them. I would be okay if fireteam osiris returned in some way and hopefully they can do some bettee character development for them, Locke has potential to be a sweet character. Chief will eventually have to be replaced.......
Given the events in Halo: Bad Blood, it actually seems unlikely that we'll see much of Locke in Infinite.
It actually made me think that they'd lined the story up in it to both resolve a bunch of the issues in H:5G and to create a well to fish future Halo spinoffs out of.

Also, it'd be pretty cool if when they eventually replace Chief and blue team as the main protagonist that they did that with Buck and Alpha-9.
I think way more fans would identify with them than they did or would with Osiris.
Do I need to read new blood first to understand it or can I just jump into Bad Blood?
I was thinking of picking it up next time I'm in chapters so curious to know if I should pick up new blood too.
New Blood is definitely a good read as well. So if you've got time and enjoy a good sci-fi, I definitely suggest reading it, and it will give you more context to Buck joining Osiris and how he views Locke.
Thanks for the heads up. Does the new book talk a lot about fire team osiris?
LoxtonA01 wrote:
LoxtonA01 wrote:
LoxtonA01 wrote:

Yes and no.
Initially, it starts off with the immediate ending of H5G (The start of this book really should have been animated to some extent into the end of the game...) and fairly soon into the story Buck leaves Osiris to do his thing, but there is plenty of discussion about Osiris in retrospect and Buck's views and experiences with them.
Osiris are also brought back into it at the very end and it helps to get a better perspective of Locke and why Buck respects him so.
LoxtonA01 wrote:
LoxtonA01 wrote:
LoxtonA01 wrote:
LoxtonA01 wrote:

Yes and no.
Initially, it starts off with the immediate ending of H5G (The start of this book really should have been animated to some extent into the end of the game...) and fairly soon into the story Buck leaves Osiris to do his thing, but there is plenty of discussion about Osiris in retrospect and Buck's views and experiences with them.
Osiris are also brought back into it at the very end and it helps to get a better perspective of Locke and why Buck respects him so.
Now I look forward to reading it.
I'd like it if Osiris was just a support team, doing something helpful somewhere else.
I don’t think this will ever happen again. They missed their opportunity in 5 and we don’t even known if Locke is in the game. For all we know they could have killed him off screen
I don’t think this will ever happen again. They missed their opportunity in 5 and we don’t even known if Locke is in the game. For all we know they could have killed him off screen
He's not. At least thus far. This isn't a crack at you, but I feel even if Locke was killed off-screen, tons of "fans" would cheer that decision despite those same "fans" likely being the kind of folks who'd be pissed off if that happened to any other character. Seems as though criticism of poor storytelling only applies when it involves things people like.
He's not. At least thus far. This isn't a crack at you, but I feel even if Locke was killed off-screen, tons of "fans" would cheer that decision despite those same "fans" likely being the kind of folks who'd be pissed off if that happened to any other character. Seems as though criticism of poor storytelling only applies when it involves things people like.
Yeah I know what you mean and I don’t want them to just kill off Locke like they did with jul mdama. Sure Locke was a hugely wasted character in halo 5 who had potential but I don’t think they should give up on him out right. I think he could be a pretty cool side character if done right.
I think just about everyone loved their slow motion power ranger fight in Halo 5... What they could do to add a twist is take away sprint in the next cutscene so they both move at the exact same speed. Chief gets about a 20 meter head start and then (like a parody of Pac-Man) they just endlessly chase after each other at the exact same speed, but clearly never catch each other... The end, isn’t sprint great?
I found locke to be a refresher to the halo franchise. I see that whenever a black character is added to a iconic part people /racist show thier heads. Locke was a amazing character someone who went by the book. Mc didn't he was the reason humanity survived but in a real world military who was also a criminal so they sent the by the books guy after him. I am 46 yrs been with halo since it first came out day one lets say. Racism is in the real cuse of most idealist not liking Sgt Locke. I have seen it over and over. The flash series people hate iris get her off the show i hope she dies i hate her. She black playing a character that was never played by anyone on a tv show before she was only in a comic book. People need to look at themselves and understand why they really dont like a character that never was seen before. No one complained about the halo scot game which was a horrible game. Halo 5 was by far the best halo to date. Two amazing powerful characters that went at it can came together .
Am I the only one who think Chief VS Locke battle should be explored again in the next Halo? I feel like the fight between MC and Locke was wasted in Halo 5 because they only had 1 fight and it was a cinematic cutscene. I would love it if we had a level in Halo Infinite where we play as MC and we fight Locke in a boss battle or we play as Locke once and we fight MC. That would blow my mind! Most people dislike Locke and don't want to play him again and 343 has confirmed the next Halo will focus on Chief but I would like it if we had something from these two characters.
I personally think all things Locke were done badly
Am I the only one who think Chief VS Locke battle should be explored again in the next Halo? I feel like the fight between MC and Locke was wasted in Halo 5 because they only had 1 fight and it was a cinematic cutscene. I would love it if we had a level in Halo Infinite where we play as MC and we fight Locke in a boss battle or we play as Locke once and we fight MC. That would blow my mind! Most people dislike Locke and don't want to play him again and 343 has confirmed the next Halo will focus on Chief but I would like it if we had something from these two characters.
Even his armor?
I'd prefer to just play as MC. I'm interested to see where they go with Cortana.
Doesn’t make sense anymore they are one the same team again
I found locke to be a refresher to the halo franchise. I see that whenever a black character is added to a iconic part people /racist show thier heads. Locke was a amazing character someone who went by the book. Mc didn't he was the reason humanity survived but in a real world military who was also a criminal so they sent the by the books guy after him. I am 46 yrs been with halo since it first came out day one lets say. Racism is in the real cuse of most idealist not liking Sgt Locke. I have seen it over and over. The flash series people hate iris get her off the show i hope she dies i hate her. She black playing a character that was never played by anyone on a tv show before she was only in a comic book. People need to look at themselves and understand why they really dont like a character that never was seen before. No one complained about the halo scot game which was a horrible game. Halo 5 was by far the best halo to date. Two amazing powerful characters that went at it can came together .
I hate Locke because he felt forced. That’s all it was. I love the idea of him and lore wise he makes perfect sense, though in the Halo 5 campaign he felt forced the entire time which I wasn’t a fan of
If Locke would return as a playable character, I could only see it playing out as what his character was designed for, hunting.

Be it Insurrectionists, terrorist cells, HVTs or anything of the like. It could be a side mission where you play it like we did in ODST on the dark rainy streets somewhere. Which I don't see happening based on any theories as of yet, nor would I really care to.

I think our time with Locke v John is over, and was a missed opportunity. Who knows, we may at some point see a similar story breakdown with the Insurrectionists that have infiltrated the Spartan IV program.
I hate Locke because he felt forced. That’s all it was. I love the idea of him and lore wise he makes perfect sense, though in the Halo 5 campaign he felt forced the entire time which I wasn’t a fan of
I'm no fan of Locke in H5 either. I liked him in Nightfall, though and I felt his character suffered in H5. I expected him to be more than what they made him because of NF. I also agree he felt forced. Maybe I'm just not a "by the book" guy in some instances... or maybe it's because I've always felt that Spartans are supposed to be deployed when going by the book has failed. Spartans aren't politicians... and by the time I was finished playing H5, I wasn't sure if Locke was supposed to be a Spartan or a negotiator. But that's just my feel on the events. The way I see it... One amazing, powerful character and one character that they weren't sure how to properly introduce went at it and came together. Racism had nothing to do with it, at least in my case.
It would've been interesting had it played out the way the trailer suggested it would. Including it now would just be blatant fan service. The story needs to move on in a way that doesn't retread old (and missed) opportunities.
Even his armor?
Ok his armor was good
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3