Chris Lee has left 343 industries

OP L30N 1337

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. ...
  6. 10
My memory might be off, but didn't rockstar games purchase 343s outsource dev team?
I’m pretty sure you’re thinking of the crackdown 2(?) developers

to the OPs topic, Chris Lee wasn’t necessarily my favorite person ever and fans are trying to scape goat people but honestly the work for infinite is done. All the content is there. Lee was probably asked to resign and Joseph is just there to see infinite thru to launch and hopefully lead the next halo game.
(crazy to think this game should’ve launched in 10 days from now and the content is just now all there)

I full heartedly believe 343i is capable and they have major talent but lack clear direction and strong leadership. I hope the shakeup at 343i sends them in the right direction for the future of the franchise and they ditch the 10 year plan. I believe with a new vision from Staten 343i is going to be on the right track after this rough launch.
—— Also I don’t know why people are coming for Bonnie Ross. Her work for the halo franchise is admirable and with Staten they could really do something special for Halo
Real random, but did Bonnie leave 343i? During Halo Infinite's announcement their was an unfamiliar face with the same position as Bonnie. I thought that she may have resign or found a higher opportunity up the ladder. I do think she deserves more credit than gamers give her.
As far as I know, she is still there.

I'll admit, she seems like a nice person and cares about Halo, but let's face facts here, Halo under her hasn't been great.... Just talking the bigger games here, Halo 4 overall didn't do well, MCC was a complete disaster and Halo 5 was received so-so. Sale numbers for these games have been "ok" overall, but popularity and staying power overall has been atrocious. As much as I hate saying it, I kind of feel like it's time for new leadership with Halo. I seriously want a Halo game that plays more like the older style and see how it does. For the life of me, I don't understand why they wouldn't try as they have nothing to loose, but I doubt this will happen. Anyways... we don't know about Halo infinite yet either but so far early results, things are not looking the greatest unfortunately.

As far as Chris Lee leaving, he still works for Microsoft just not in 343I's division. He was "encouraged" to step down. I find it hard to believe that if Halo infinites demo was received incredibly well that he would of been "encouraged" to step down.

As far as staten being back, That's good but I don't think he can really have any kind of impact on this game. It would have been more meaningful if this happened maybe 3 years ago. Also, he had a big hand and crack down three and we know how that turned out 😔🙄 .... Now, I do think his bread and butter is Halo but still, I don't think we should see this as him coming in as the savior of the game or anything because I don't think it will be.
As much as I hate saying it, I kind of feel like it's time for new leadership with Halo. I seriously want a Halo game that plays more like the older style and see how it does. For the life of me, I don't understand why they wouldn't try as they have nothing to loose
Yes, they do: Their jobs.

This is not supposed to be an exaggeration. The reason is the same as to why Warner Bros and DC were reluctant to release the Snyder Cut of Justice League: The people who approved of the changes to the movie are still working there. If they did release it, and it did well, it would mean their business decision was bad and they'd have to face the consequences, from payment cuts to flat-out layoff. The reason why it's released now is that the parent company AT&T forces them to.

343/MS are in the same situation. For whatever reason, they chose to abandon classic Halo and it did poorly. If they were to revert their decision and a new classic Halo would perform better, the higher-ups that approved of the change in the first place would be held accountable for the losses in the last decade.
As long as anybody involved with that initial decision still works at either of the two companies, they will try their hardest to prevent a classic Halo to be released.
Celestis wrote:
As much as I hate saying it, I kind of feel like it's time for new leadership with Halo. I seriously want a Halo game that plays more like the older style and see how it does. For the life of me, I don't understand why they wouldn't try as they have nothing to loose

This is not supposed to be an exaggeration. The reason is the same as to why Warner Bros and DC were reluctant to release the Snyder Cut of Justice League: The people who approved of the changes to the movie are still working there. If they did release it, and it did well, it would mean their business decision was bad and they'd have to face the consequences, from payment cuts to flat-out layoff. The reason why it's released now is that the parent company AT&T forces them to.

343/MS are in the same situation. For whatever reason, they chose to abandon classic Halo and it did poorly. If they were to revert their decision and a new classic Halo would perform better, the higher-ups that approved of the change in the first place would be held accountable for the losses in the last decade.
As long as anybody involved with that initial decision still works at either of the two companies, they will try their hardest to prevent a classic Halo to be released.
This mf spittin,

But in reality that is the very thing I'm seeing with Halo over the past couple of years. For me I read into it through the art department and what Nicholas Sparth and other individuals were doing. They had reluctantly shared on several occasions of decision making processes that they were not apart of and could not comment on the direction.

I think the pro team had the same frustrations at the launch of Halo 5: Guardians too. It's sad to see.
Celestis wrote:

If that’s the case, which I find to believe in, it’s a great shame. Very petty, honestly the logic is so dumb. If they swallowed their pride and admitted their many mistakes, they could be really swimming in money. Give the people what they want, it’s very easy to dissect and incorporate the things we’ve been asking that’ll make a good/great Halo game. We have literally been giving them the blueprint and it’s had innovative ideas along the years, till this day..
Celestis wrote:

If that’s the case, which I find to believe in, it’s a great shame. Very petty, honestly the logic is so dumb. If they swallowed their pride and admitted their many mistakes, they could be really swimming in money. Give the people what they want, it’s very easy to dissect and incorporate the things we’ve been asking that’ll make a good/great Halo game. We have literally been giving them the blueprint and it’s had innovative ideas along the years, till this day..
Clearly an issue is how 343 feels its best how to draw in new players. Management clearly believes that adding industry trends to Halo is the best way to get new players as opposed to a full return to classic Halo. This leads to the Halo we see today, Halo Infinite seems to lean more towards classic Halo in certain areas than what both Halo 4 and Guardians did (although this is highly subjective given what little we know). I highly doubt a full blown classic Halo game will ever be made again.
K1rbshn3r wrote:
Celestis wrote:

Clearly an issue is how 343 feels its best how to draw in new players. Management clearly believes that adding industry trends to Halo is the best way to get new players as opposed to a full return to classic Halo. This leads to the Halo we see today, Halo Infinite seems to lean more towards classic Halo in certain areas than what both Halo 4 and Guardians did (although this is highly subjective given what little we know). I highly doubt a full blown classic Halo game will ever be made again.
I agree, there will never be a full classic return, that’s not even what I want. I just don’t understand the point in adding something new and that has potential, but then completely taking a dump on what already works so well in Halo. It’s as simple as just adding on new things. Armor coatings, great idea, executed awfully and at the expense of the 2 layer system smh. They really do know how to throw us for a loop, actually had us fooled when they said Reach customization... oh but there’s a huge catch lmao
L30N 1337 wrote:
Yes, another top manager left 343i. This is the time of Chris Lee, which took part in this franchise since Halo 4.
It's obvious that the game has been in serious troubles for a very long time and honestly I cannot see an happy ending for this game, at least not for the first years of the supposed GAAS service.
This made me think and ask you, should 343i follow a 10 years plan made by individuals which aren't part of the project anymore and with foundations that seems very fragile?
I'm looking forward to your opinions.

EDIT:
@JezCorden says this won't be the last big change in coming weeks. This is it boys.
Joe Staten replaced him, how the -Yoink- is this it??
L30N 1337 wrote:
Yes, another top manager left 343i. This is the time of Chris Lee, which took part in this franchise since Halo 4.
It's obvious that the game has been in serious troubles for a very long time and honestly I cannot see an happy ending for this game, at least not for the first years of the supposed GAAS service.
This made me think and ask you, should 343i follow a 10 years plan made by individuals which aren't part of the project anymore and with foundations that seems very fragile?
I'm looking forward to your opinions.

EDIT:
@JezCorden says this won't be the last big change in coming weeks. This is it boys.
Joe Staten replaced him, how the -Yoink- is this it??
I wouldn't say replaced necessarily, Staten isn't even technically apart of 343 but more of a Microsoft floater that will bounce from game to game to give guidance. Once infinite is good, he'll end up moving to another project most likely instead of staying with infinite for whatever it's 10 year plan supposedly is. That said it's possible he stays a little longer to set the foundation for the plan, but long term I doubt he stays.
Celestis wrote:

Bonnie Ross herself have admitted the mistakes 343 made with Halo 4 and Halo 5 and she obviously praised what they did right. I doubt there is anything to do with pride of one or two individuals, but instead with financial purposes. It is not so simple as that. 343 are tied with a multi-millionaire company, with thousands of investors in a multi-billionaire game industry. Every decision-making has to be carefully calculated. The reason why I think Halo will never return to a classic experience is because it goes on the opposite way of the modern game industry in some aspects. They are aiming on a new public now, so they have to make the changes accordingly to this new public. Unfortunately, time passes, new people come in, the game industry changes and things are not how they used to be. And that explains many of the decisions Halo Infinite is heading to: game as service, ten year plan, exclusive in-game items, microtransactions and free to play multiplayer. It is not anything personal because their are evil and they hate halo. It is just business.
Sad news. This worries me.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. ...
  6. 10