1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 10
The more news I hear about this game the more worried I get
To me, this is another in a long line of warning signs regarding Halo Infinite.

1. The departure of creative director Tim Longo in August 2019.

2. The departure of executive producer Mary Olson in October 2019.

3. The almost total lack of information released about the game leading up to the July 2020 "reveal".

4. The negative reaction to what was shown at the July reveal.

5. The subsequent delay to 2021 (343 still hasn't publicly committed to a more specific release window other than "2021").

6. The hiring of Joseph Staten (some may say this was a good thing, and it might be, but it shows that they're looking for help late in the project).

7. The departure of Chris Lee in October 2020.

Add all of this together, and it suggests that all is not well with Halo Infinite at 343. And I'm not just talking about managing the COVID situation. 343 may try to downplay it, but you typically don't see moves like this when development on a game is going well.
Lol, don't worry guys I'm sure the sidelining and departure of a creative director and 343 veteran isn't a big deal for a game that currently doesn't have a release date beyond "next year" and is supposed to have 10 years of content and support.

Snark aside of course it is perfectly reasonable to assume that this is just par for the course for creative directors(who again, had been in the company since 2008) to leave before launch if their work is more or less done. Then again, that is exactly what people were saying about Tim Longo and Mary Olson ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
ya, it could mean anything and it sucks. No matter what though, Halo needed an injection of positivity. This aint it and we all know how people like to run with this kind of headline
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Somehow, I don't think that he left because he wanted to move on to another project.
Apparently he left a few weeks ago but he's still with Microsoft, not sure if it's that big a deal tbh. Halo Infinite was delayed and Joseph Staten was already with 343i. Not sure how or if it will make things better or worse.
I am trying my best not to loose hope I swear to god. but it deadass gets harder every time we get news like these. I started joking about the 10 year plan actually being how long they take to release the game over "free dlc", but every day I believe more that it might actually be like that. I'm still playing it no matter what as it's on the game pass, but I don't see myself saying "I told you so" to many people. I just need ONE bit of good news. something to hold on to. Something to know they know what they're doing.

Maybe the bungielievers were right, maybe Halo did die on Reach...
Maybe the bungielievers were right, maybe Halo did die on Reach...
I've never said Halo died on Reach, but I firmly believe that was when it changed forever. Is this really bad news though ? We already knew Halo Infinite was delayed, Chris Lee is reported to have left several weeks ago and Jo Staten was in place at that point. I'm trying to be optimistic, genuinely,,, how does this news make things worse ?
I don't see anything positive from high position employees leaving 343 in late development in such a short period of time. Even if the contributions of Longo, Olson and Lee had already been set in stone, 343 can still change things at the last minute and in many cases, rushing only does harm to the development team and to the final game.
Remember that Joseph Staten, who maybe will take Lee's position joined 343 Industries after the Halo Infinite delay announcement like a desperate decision as it sounds to be. Having a guy who just arrived and hasn't participated in the development of Halo Infinite to be in the creative director position does not feel right or a natural thing to do.

This just screams to me that something wrong is going with Halo Infinite and the development in facing some problems.
I know many will sensationalize this when they don't know all the facts, but dang, this game really needs a break from all the bad news lol.
Was afraid something like this was coming. This was to be THE launchtitle for the series x and the studio failed to deliver. Immediately after the gameplay reveal I predicted heads would roll for this. The delay only confirmed that suspicion.

And so another red flag goes up.
Oakspear wrote:
To me, this is another in a long line of warning signs regarding Halo Infinite.

1. The departure of creative director Tim Longo in August 2019.

2. The departure of executive producer Mary Olson in October 2019.

3. The almost total lack of information released about the game leading up to the July 2020 "reveal".

4. The negative reaction to what was shown at the July reveal.

5. The subsequent delay to 2021 (343 still hasn't publicly committed to a more specific release window other than "2021").

6. The hiring of Joseph Staten (some may say this was a good thing, and it might be, but it shows that they're looking for help late in the project).

7. The departure of Chris Lee in October 2020.

Add all of this together, and it suggests that all is not well with Halo Infinite at 343. And I'm not just talking about managing the COVID situation. 343 may try to downplay it, but you typically don't see moves like this when development on a game is going well.
Man.... 343i needs to open to the community now. All we are seeing is a ship heading straight into land and they just keep silent or give us next to no details or explanation. I'd say the silence is deafening but it's not silent. No, it a damn siren that keeps going off that something is wrong and it's going off more and more frequently.

I don't think anyone here has to explain why this game needs to do well. We've had multiple games in a row wrought with controversy and a dwindling playerbase.

If the game needs a serious delay than do it! Continue updating MCC maybe even Halo 5! Give a side game while we wait like and ODST style Halo! Just please don't launch Infinite in the state we are pretty sure it's in... please.
Time to cut your losses 343i and cancel halo infinite entirely.
Na, I just think they need to turn whatever they have into a realistic, concrete game. No one was begging for Halo Infinite to be a 10 year platform, or a F2P multiplayer. Half of the time these projects are too ambitious and they fail miserably. I don't know about you all but I fell in love with the franchise because of the compelling campaigns and story. Multiplayer is integral to series, don't get me wrong, but this time they seem to be obsessing over it in order to mimic the success of Fortnite/Warzone. It appears that Halo is just losing its way. Man I just miss the days when games were games and not a live service.
This honesty seems like a project that deserved to be canceled outright requiring a reshuffling of developmental leadership and or studio to start with a different idea from scratch. But due the circumstances of a new console release, the declining interest in the Halo brand, and a lack of Halo FPS release for 5 years Microsoft likely feels forced to push this game out.

There is simply far too much smoke surrounding this game to suggest the fire does not exist.
I think this is kind of funny because if a director was fired or quit his job, it will not change the development of the game, because what is done is already done. You can't just take everything and delete it in the blink of an eye or throw it all in our face because it's incomplete.

I just think that if there is an internal problem in the studio (which has not been confirmed so far, except because of COVID-19), they will probably postpone it for an uncertain year. I prefer that they postpone and release a good and decent game than launching a broken and incomplete game. It is worth remembering that this is what is expected and normal that an entire studio should generally do, and it is what I believe may be happening. I may be wrong too. I dont know. I don't think it's possible that they don't have quality control and don't know how to manage their employees and directors. I don't see anywhere in the world where a company that has poor management and lousy employees can survive for that long or become successful. All of this is based on a hypothetical situation.

And in the twitter comments I already see some who say they should close the 343i. What I think is an emotional, childish and unfounded argument, because the studio is there to make games. If we are talking and criticizing the form of those people who are working there, then I can even consider it, but since we have no relevant information and everything based on rumors, there is no way to support a solid argument, besides not being ethical and moral. You risk being in agreement with one thing and end up being a **** like the others;

The truth of it all is that we know absolutely nothing. All we can do is have deductions that can be false or true. The least I can hope for is that the 343i can be more transparent and report on how the situation is going or progressing. I prefer more official information than relying on rumors that only serve to make us nervous and anxious for nothing.
SDdawg wrote:
Na, I just think they need to turn whatever they have into a realistic, concrete game. No one was begging for Halo Infinite to be a 10 year platform, or a F2P multiplayer. Half of the time these projects are too ambitious and they fail miserably. I don't know about you all but I fell in love with the franchise because of the compelling campaigns and story. Multiplayer is integral to series, don't get me wrong, but this time they seem to be obsessing over it in order to mimic the success of Fortnite/Warzone. It appears that Halo is just losing its way. Man I just miss the days when games were games and not a live service.
This is what happens when brands/companies lose their core competencies and forget what made them successful in the first place.
Best of luck to the guy in future projects hopefully the current team can continue on infinite and public perception get better.
SENCHIEF10 wrote:
SDdawg wrote:
This is what happens when brands/companies lose their core competencies and forget what made them successful in the first place.
They were riding and banking on Bungie's success and expected us to accept these kinds of changes.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 10