Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Co op online

OP stebeer85

I hope we get an online co op matchmaking system, If my friends are busy or different time zones wouldn’t mind jumping on with ransoms tbh.
Some ransoms ? I'll play for £50 😉

Kidding aside. I'm hoping for a single player experience with optional match making in campaign for those who want to join randoms etc.
Although I can understand where you're coming from, I feel like campaign matchmaking isn't the best route to go. Most of the time it just ends up detracting from the your own personal experience with people rushing you along or being generally unhelpful (just look at The Division or the mandatory story strike missions in Destiny 1).
Maybe a score attack option with matchmaking for specific missions that ends after the mission is complete. I would say hold it back from launch though, so that players aren't tempted to try and play the entire campaign that way , otherwise it will probably detract from people's opinions of the narrative.
Mongerty wrote:
Maybe a score attack option with matchmaking for specific missions that ends after the mission is complete. I would say hold it back from launch though, so that players aren't tempted to try and play the entire campaign that way , otherwise it will probably detract from people's opinions of the narrative.
yeah, the real campaign should be played solo then MP
Reach had a campaign matchmaking playlist.

It was almost never populated, and players usually just quit early into the mission anyway.
I would like an option in halo if you want online or solo campaign. Never liked going solo in creepy eerie missions, and if I had mates around it wasn't nice to take half the screen, but then open world missions would be easily do-able.

Just don't make it like halo 5 where you had either solo campaign or online campaign-we needed split screen.
Part of me thinks the LFG system would be far better suited to this due to:

Fos Kuvol wrote:

It was almost never populated, and players usually just quit early into the mission anyway.
Fos Kuvol wrote:

This is a playlist which has seen a significant population drop in recent years. If I remember correctly, it was fairly easy to find games in the Campaign playlist up until the point when Halo Reach got released for MCC. The similar trend could also be observed with the other playlists like Firefight Arcade but the overall effects on the playlist where usually less significant.