Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Competitive Halo

OP xXJOKERXxViruZ

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
How would Halo Infinite do when it comes to competitive play? Will former Halo pros make a return playing Halo again? Will the playlist be called HaloWC or MLG since Halo is finally partnered with MLG again?
We don't even know what the gameplay will be like, let alone any of this.
I hope they change it back to how it’s only one ranked playlist and the rest social
I hope they change it back to how it’s only one ranked playlist and the rest social
When did Halo ever do this? Halo 3 had a section for Social playlists and a section for Ranked playlists, much like how Halo 5's playlists sre separated.

Only game that comes to mind is Reach, and I would hardly consider Halo: Reach's Arena playlist a truly dedicated Ranked playlist.
no info on that yet mon ami
It is likely that all the current pros will carry over and we will probably see many new faces and emerging stars like with every new Halo. Some old pros that have retired may come back to try competing too.
Hoping it’s layed back like Halo 3 and not as sweaty as Halo 5
Halo 3 was/is most definitely sweaty.
With how much 343 has stepped up their eSports scene with communication, money, events, going back to MLG and playlist tuning in the recent months, it seems unlikely that they're going to drop it moving forward. That being said, if Infinite isn't viable for eSports, I could see them moving the tournament scene towards MCC instead. They're doing a H3 2v2 tourney soon and once MCC gets fixed it should be a viable game to compete in possibly even on PC.
Uuv wrote:
When did Halo ever do this? Halo 3 had a section for Social playlists and a section for Ranked playlists, much like how Halo 5's playlists sre separated.

Only game that comes to mind is Reach, and I would hardly consider Halo: Reach's Arena playlist a truly dedicated Ranked playlist.
I was thinking about how most games have it. Literally the only modern thing I want halo to have. You could say that about 4 too unless they changed it after launch I quit that game fast

This post has been hidden.

If anything - don't bring back the horrible CSR system from Halo 5 where you could match Champions in your placements please...
what im hoping for is at least some sort of 1-50 1-100 idc the number but actually ranks. Sr style ranking systems are garbage. br starts are a must( oh no br elitest!!!!), but yeah halos comp popularity and skill gap decreased when it stopped getting used. and also maybe launch with playable multiple maps, without a wall every 5 steps for someone to hide behind.
Less e-sports please!

Just focus more on the casuals...
Less e-sports please!Just focus more on the casuals...
Hopefully 343i doesn't pull a Tsquared(T2) move and say, "Halo multiplayer should be competitive as possible. Casuals should go play against the Covenant."
Herecy wrote:
If anything - don't bring back the horrible CSR system from Halo 5 where you could match Champions in your placements please...
As far as I'm concernd, CSR does not match players, the matchmaking system does.

You know that "Casual vs Competitive" is a load of bull, right?
Can you describe a Halo game for "casuals"? What does a "casual" like?
Are you certain that what you view as competitive can't be enjoyed by "casual" players?

Halo 4 was regarded as chasing the CoD audience, by some regarded as a casual playerbase.
Halo 5 is regarded as extremely competitive, and there may be some truth to that.

Feels like the two last Halo's were i343 making games chasing specific audiences, rather than making games which attract an audience who's interested in it.
When was Halo 3 ever laid back other than in the social playlists?

EDIT: Actually, now that I think about it even social playlists were sweaty a lot of the time.
Naqser wrote:
Herecy wrote:
As far as I'm concernd, CSR does not match players, the matchmaking system does.

Are you certain that what you view as competitive can't be enjoyed by "casual" players?

Halo 4 was regarded as chasing the CoD audience, by some regarded as a casual playerbase.
Halo 5 is regarded as extremely competitive, and there may be some truth to that.

Feels like the two last Halo's were i343 making games chasing specific audiences, rather than making games which attract an audience who's interested in it.
That's what I meant - Sorry
Naqser wrote:
Herecy wrote:

Too much of the posts from 343 have something to do with E-Sports etc. They press Halo so hard into the e-sport genre (what`s actually not good) and as a casual you have not that many playlists to play casual.

Starting with WarZone where many people in the first year of Halo 5 said, that that is the playground for casuals - what`s not that true because every good player is rewarded with more and better REQ's he can use. I and nearly 90% of my Halo friends say, that Halo 5 is compared with Halo Reach waaaaaaaaaaay to competetive. When we thought, that the spartan companies would be more fun for casuals -wrong. Now teams of 12 used to push hard in WarZone, destroying the fun of everyone.

I would prefer the potatoe aim of Halo Rech over the Head & Shoulders (lol) aim of Halo 5.

Rounded up - Halo 5 is just too competetive
When was Halo 3 ever laid back other than in the social playlists?

EDIT: Actually, now that I think about it even social playlists were sweaty a lot of the time.
They were sweaty, but fun at the same time.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2