Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Concerns about the Infinite MP reveal trailer

OP zoltan owns you

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Everyone who complains about it will still play the beta and the final product when it comes out...just let them express themselves. They aren't fooling anyone. We all know you'll be there day 1.

The game isn't like halo 5, and it isn't exactly like a legacy title either. It's, it's own game with clear inspirations from all of the halo games. It's a new halo game and that's definitely what I want.
The game still looks bad. Graphics look terrible compared with other games. 343i needs to be shut down. Let iD make a real Halo game, this is enough.
Halo Infinite will flop, this is not Halo, F2P game will never work. Millions of cash this is ridiculous. 343i they have no -Yoinking!- clue.
Some of the stuff we already knew about from the campaign demo. The other things you mentioned seemed like non issues. That also wasn't a damage boost pickup at 55 seconds, it was their personal AI talking on what looked like a red team objective.
"thats not Halo, the announcer said 'no-scope' and 'grapple jack!'"
i dont think it was bad, i was expecting new and old stuff mixed which is fine, my favourite is that the chopper is back but the one thing i didnt like and wished it was in Infinite was that theres no blood
Jesus Christ.... You can never please everyone. I get the old heads of Halo want a more classic experience but the truth is, that's not where the market is. From a business standpoint, it makes no sense to exclude a new fanbase to please the old. Cause the truth is, as we get older, the more of us "older" Halo fans begin to drop off and stop playing or play less.

My personal take as someone who's 100%'d every Halo ever and started in Halo on CE when it launched, I thought this was a great blend of both. It was new and refreshing but still felt like Halo. Were there parts of the trailer I wasn't keen on or slightly confused or concerned? Yes, but we just have to see. Sprint isn't going anywhere and those of you that are still butthurt about "enhanced" movement need to get over yourselves. You knew it was in the game since last year. They compromised and removed spartan charge, ground pound, thrusters, and ADS hover yet many of you ARE STILL NOT HAPPY. You literally want every thing your way.

I love the Halo universe and franchise. The community is clearly passionate but god damn, some of y'all are so stuck in your ways. I bet you still wear your lettermans jackets and class rings and talk about how good you were at in highschool at football. This community is so quick to judge and toxic, I wouldn't blame 343i and MS if they said -Yoink- it and stopped making Halo all together. You still have MCC to go relive the glory days of Halo that is amazing. The newer games are going to continue to evolve and innovate. If you don't like it, keep your 360s plugged in.
Accidental duplication. Please delete mods.Thank you
0:03 - Spartan Sliding
0:15 - Spartan Sprinting
0:23 - Wrist Grenade Launcher
0:24 - Promethean Vision Grenade
0:29 - Grapplehook to the ceiling of the map
0:32 - Announcer says "NO-SCOPE!"
0:38 - Announced says "BANKSHOT!"
0:44 - Spartan uses wrist-gadget to reflect plasma shot back at enemy
0:51 - Red Spartan Grapplehooks off a random wall
0:55 - Damage boost pickup
0:59 - Spartan Grapplehooks weapon to his hands
1:04 - Spartan skyjacks enemy using grapplehook "GRAPPLEJACK!"
1:21 - ORDINANCE DROPS LOL
1:56 - Spartan Grapplehooks explosive barrel to him and throws it
And, I saw more instances of the NEW grapplehook being used (4 or 5 times in 2 minutes?) than I saw instances of an AR/BR being shot.
I thought we were going back to "Classic halo multiplayer" what happened?
0:23 wasn't a wrist grenade launcher. It was new equipment that briefly shows enemies in a small area then they threw a normal grenade and at 0:55 I don't think it was a Damage boost and just more of announcer thing after grabbing an objective.
No matter what 343 did, they were never going to please everyone. That said as someone who religiously played Halo 3 and Reach for years on end since their launch, this looks like my dream Halo. A great blend of old and new Halo, I was cautiously optimistic before, now I'm having a hard time containing my hype.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Some of the stuff we already knew about from the campaign demo. The other things you mentioned seemed like non issues. That also wasn't a damage boost pickup at 55 seconds, it was their personal AI talking on what looked like a red team objective.
Yeah. Now we get to deal with people coming to the forums just to complain about random nit picks. It's like if you don't like it then go away and play something else instead of crying in the forums about how Halo is dead and 343 needs to be shut down because you don't like that sprinting and sliding are in the game.
Really hope the abilities we saw (Grappling hook, deployable cover, reflector, ect) are pick up one time use items. REALLY don't want armor abilities coming back...
I believe they were confirmed to be like H3 equipment. If they weren’t, they would be broken.
It’s crazy how toxic both sides of this conversation are. I’m pretty excited to see more personally, it looked like and I believed confirmed other than some of the newer items we saw, that everything was a pickup. I do agree the “ordinance” drop could be part of the btb 2.0
Anyone who watched those trailers and isn't excited for Infinite wasn't going to be happy with what they saw no matter what.

There I said it.
And, I saw more instances of the NEW grapplehook being used (4 or 5 times in 2 minutes?) than I saw instances of an AR/BR being shot.
Go play MCC. Nobody said Infinite would be a Halo 3 carbon-copy. If you don't like it, suck it up because we're far too into development to change it now. Go back to MCC and enjoy your seasonal updates.
Oh no new features the game must suck! - this post

I honestly think this isn't CE style at all. However, it is Combat Evolved. It looks like the culmination of everything Halo should be, it looks very Halo.
Anyone who watched those trailers and isn't excited for Infinite wasn't going to be happy with what they saw no matter what.

There I said it.
Exactly
PSA that Uny has confirmed that "ordinance drops" are not like they are in H4.

Tweet.
Looks good to me. All I needed to see was that classic big team battle footage. Some of the announcing sounded strange, but on PC we have a ton of controls over volume. So long as the game is smooth, we havent had a title to deliver halo style gunplay in years. I'd think Apex legends is the closest.
To OP, I guess just keep playing MCC or H5 or whatever does not upset you?
Sierra0138 wrote:
Dude. Stuff need to change. And everything looked good. I'm an Old school halo purist and this looked super good.
Enough already.
Wrist grenade launcher? No that was an ability for radar. These are pickups like halo 3. 343 already said grappleshot etc are pickups and halo is about power weapons and map control
How are you even able to complain about this? This looks more halo then anything we've seen the past 10 years.
Absolutly loved this trailer. Cant wait for launch
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3