Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Controller Aim Assist

OP MrCrudeGamer

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Is it just me or does the aim assist seem off for Infinite. This halo seems to be very mouse and keyboard focused and feels like it would be a big disadvantage to use a controller. Maybe I missed something and there has been something said about this but as of name the aiming just seems like aim assist hasnt fully been implemented for controller.
Is it just me or does the aim assist seem off for Infinite. This halo seems to be very mouse and keyboard focused and feels like it would be a big disadvantage to use a controller. Maybe I missed something and there has been something said about this but as of name the aiming just seems like aim assist hasnt fully been implemented for controller.
I noticed this in the previous preview and honestly: I cant play with these controls. I went back to mcc and everything was finde, Halo 5 too. But in Infinite, I never now if I can finish a battle or not. And spraying around with AR just to finish an enemy maybe, not my thing.
They already increased it from the last flight and you want more? No, it feels good as is.
They already increased it from the last flight and you want more? No, it feels good as is.
Have not played yet, will see.
There is something very off about aiming with a controller. I kind of hate it so much, I'd rather play on PC. The issue there is the availability of parts. My laptop is just enough for MCC, but forget Halo 2 anniversary graphics mode. After playing through Spartan Ops solo Legendary on Xbox and PC over the last couple weeks, I can confidently say the Aiming in Infinite is screwy enough to make me want to give up on Xbox.

For the record, I did noticeably better with a mouse on Legendary.
I played bot training on my low spec laptop which ran poorly, and i was still able to get kills on controller. Not trying to brag or anything, but it feels fine. At least, for now.
Is it? Doesn't feel like there is any slowdown at all. Have you changed any of your settings?

It feels almost non-existent to me, to the point I actually checked the settings to see if it has been turned off completely. I'm just playing on a lower sensitivity now which is helping, but I'm gonna get absolutely bodied online like this.
Ken2379 wrote:
Is it? Doesn't feel like there is any slowdown at all. Have you changed any of your settings?

It feels almost non-existent to me, to the point I actually checked the settings to see if it has been turned off completely. I'm just playing on a lower sensitivity now which is helping, but I'm gonna get absolutely bodied online like this.
All I did was drop my deadzones to 5%
I reduced my Deadzones to 0 or outer ones to max. It still feels like Aim Acceleration is still there even when I put it on max.
Im not sure, old Halos I played on Sens 4, which was one above standard (3). Now standard is 4, but somehow it feels slower in fact of looking around, but general player speed seems faster. Switched to mcc, aiming on 4 there seems faster. Can anybody confirm this experience?

Edit: Also Snipe settings are not perfect. Standard 1.0, it feels too slow in 5x. When I set it to 1.1 or 1.2 both feels a little bit to fast then, but could also be the strafe speed which is faster than old Halos. Any ideas?
tbh its really hard to balance between aim assist and keyboard and mouse players so ill admit its weak but in a good form but if they make it any weaker then it might be a problem since controller tends to get 100x harder to use then a simple mouse and keyboard.
I must admit I kind of like the reduced aim assist at the moment.
I've gone into settings and removed all Deadzones and also increased the look acceleration to 3 and the look sensitivity to 6.0 for horizontal and vertical.

I think the real test will be in PvP though.
At the moment I can just about play well enough against Spartan bots but it might be different when it's against real players.

If I'm getting completely wrecked by real players then maybe I'll be crying for auto aim to return but for now I like how it feels and like that we have to work a bit harder.
Personally I have no issue with the aim assist but the aim controls feel very wonky with controller on pc, there is something weird going on with the reticle movement.
It's like its very slow and then there is a sudden step or very steep accelleration soon after you start moving the analog stick.
Never had this issue on MCC with modern aim settings.
I've messed with the settings a bunch, will have to see at PVP time how bad my aim really is. Dropping the sens has helped a bunch.
You should have played the last flight. They actually upped the aim assist since that one, it was even worse before. Sniper was unusable, I'm glad they upped it I hope they up it more. I'm controller 100%, not trying to get owned by mnk cause they can play through they lack of aim assist/bullet magnetism.
Idk where people in this thread are getting that the aim assist has been increased from, they said they'd made changes to the skewer and sniper (which clearly they have) but the rest of the weapons remain seemingly unchanged and totally not fun to use for the casual gamer. Aim is super wonkey, sweaty and it needs sorting.
HaMM4RTime wrote:
Idk where people in this thread are getting that the aim assist has been increased from, they said they'd made changes to the skewer and sniper (which clearly they have) but the rest of the weapons remain seemingly unchanged and totally not fun to use for the casual gamer. Aim is super wonkey, sweaty and it needs sorting.
Yeah bro, haven't used the Skewer but Sniper is significantly easier than the first flight. Glad it isn't as ridiculous as H4 or H2A. Seems perfect how hope they don't change the sniper. Feel like the Sidekick could use a little love.
The thing I found helpful, much more so than messing with sensitivities and dead zones and all that, was increasing the field of view. That made the aiming feel considerably more fluid and at the setting I was on, on Xbox SX I didn't notice any adverse performance problems.
I have played on both my series X and PC and KBM is far superior for aiming right now. Using BR or sniper the difference is readily apparent, but without a lot of aim assist it's not a fair comparison and it's not meant to be.

Controller input shouldn't have an advantage over KBM for aiming if they want to have higher skill ceilings for competitive games. Controllers can be better for movement in some cases. This is the reason MCC has input based matchmaking as an option, it's so the playing field will be level and you can enjoy the game with either one.
Aiming on controller feels so clunky
Aim assist is non existent I read someplace that a developer said if you move or do anything it turns off. Some thing like that but they gotta fix the aim assist also add bullet magnetism!!!!!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2