Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

[Locked] Controller Aim Assit needs to go

OP ZeuX i Animal

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 9
Dumb as hell.
You clearly have a bias against controller aim.

Controller has aim assist because of how inferior it is to mouse and keyboard. If you turn off aim assist on controller and mouse, mouse will win everytime. It's your thumb vs someone's entire arm. There's no competition.

Play counter-strike with a controller and see how far you get. You'll be dog-walked up and down the ranked playlist. Maybe these game devs should stop pitting Mouse and controller players together as if they're on the same playing field. Even without mouse magnetism, I could confidently body a controller player because it's just that big of a gap. I haven't even mentioned the DPI software that comes with gaming mice.

This is coming from a guy who played CS:Source until he got carpal tunnel in his right hand. Controller aim assist is pretty much the only thing stop mice players from completely curb stomping console players. There's literally no debate.
Yes and the solution is to add soft aimbot. Smart solution. Take a potentially great esports game and make it a joke because of aim assist. Cater to the casual children who want to "have fun". That's what social playlists are for. Play BTB with friends.
Aim assist will always be an issue as long as crossplay is a thing. and as long as PC performance is a joke. The tracking in this game feels like -Yoink- along with the shot reg for kbm.
Halo has always been a controller shooter, in fact THE controller shooter and at times a massive esport. Aiming is broke in this game for MNK and for Controller as in it doesn’t work properly. Apex has both controller and MNK players at the pro level, 343i should be looking to how they balance that.
Lol, 20 millions gamepass subscribers, cloud gaming, F2P, but some people believe that the first to please should be the esport players. We saw how well it worked with Halo 5.
Make the game fun and accessible and make people build skills on that. The cream will reach the top anyway, as usual.
Fake keyboard warriors are starting to get annoying
PC edge lords still complaining about a non-existent aim assist really is giving me a laugh. Playing with M&K is literally just a point & click experience, not even remotely hard and is the reason why PC players tend to dominate console players. Aim assist for controllers is the only thing that remotely evens the playing field. I’m almost convinced these posts about aim assist being too powerful has to be trolling.
Every single time I see someone complaining about something like this I look at their service record and 10/10 times they're either brand new to Halo like the OP or just god awful at the games. I've never seen any legitimate Halo player complain about crap like this. This guy has played like 400 MP games in his entire life and is trying to tell 343i to change their game for him.
go where? In the game? because it's currently not, like, at all. So I agree, controller aim assist does need to go in the game.
halo123fan wrote:
In a game with enhanced movement where the time to kill is much longer than in other games you cannot afford to be missing this many shots.
Not sure why you think this TTK is longer than any other Halo considering the boost of shield state dependent weapons is a huge part of the current sandbox. I understand that TTK and TTD are inherently related but they are both tweakable functions and they are just off for Infinite. TTK is slightly too long however TTD is extremely quick in comparison to most games, which causes a noticeably quicker death than the damage you thought you were hit with.

Also, this game's aim assist is probably the strongest it's ever been in a Halo game. Here's a streamer clip to show how powerful it really is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2efAdzDfTQ
Please stop sharing that video as truth. Try it yourself, it doesn't do that. It is fake, move on.
It is not fake, I have tested it on my own console as well as PC while using a controller. It is much easier to play using a gamepad than KBM.
Aim assist is literally non existent on this previous flight, not sure what you are complaining about?!?
If you remove aim assist completely you'll be removing almost all of the console playerbase. Just set your matchmaking settings to only play with KBM players, problem solved.
Aim assit in this game is still an issue, altho only with a few weapons.
It seems using a semi auto/low rate of fire gun on a controller kinda makes you hit every shot, even just burst firing the AR.

I totally understand that people on console needs to have fun, but not likes this, we will already have skill based matchmaking, so it makes 0 sense to have some sort of aim assist if players will only get matched with other similar skilled player.

Aim assist only limits the potential of the game in Esports, no one likes to play with cheaters and this IS CHEATING, I bet you everyone into competitive PC gaming will say that, not just me, but everyone.

Please 343i if you read this, work on this feature a bit more, mb leave it on in casual games and totally off in classificated/competitive, like it should be.

Ah, btw tnx for slowing the Skewer shot at medium/long range, was a nice nerf.
no, it parts of Halo core, Halo was BORN in xbox for controller with aim assist, is part of Halo, doesnt make any sense to take aim assist out.
halo123fan wrote:
halo123fan wrote:
In a game with enhanced movement where the time to kill is much longer than in other games you cannot afford to be missing this many shots.
Not sure why you think this TTK is longer than any other Halo considering the boost of shield state dependent weapons is a huge part of the current sandbox. I understand that TTK and TTD are inherently related but they are both tweakable functions and they are just off for Infinite. TTK is slightly too long however TTD is extremely quick in comparison to most games, which causes a noticeably quicker death than the damage you thought you were hit with.

Also, this game's aim assist is probably the strongest it's ever been in a Halo game. Here's a streamer clip to show how powerful it really is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2efAdzDfTQ
Please stop sharing that video as truth. Try it yourself, it doesn't do that. It is fake, move on.
It is not fake, I have tested it on my own console as well as PC while using a controller. It is much easier to play using a gamepad than KBM.
This is a slightly more "scientific" test: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NR0kp0SIMnA - now say that video you posted isn't fake...
controller needs more aim assist, not less
yeah bump auto aim 343! sso console players with 0 skill or gamesense can feel good and skilled! also add it even on competitive and esports! everyone can be good at the game! sooo wholesome!
yeah bump auto aim 343! sso console players with 0 skill or gamesense can feel good and skilled! also add it even on competitive and esports! everyone can be good at the game! sooo wholesome!
Alright, now this guy is trolling.
yeah bump auto aim 343! sso console players with 0 skill or gamesense can feel good and skilled! also add it even on competitive and esports! everyone can be good at the game! sooo wholesome!
Yeah... see these are those hyperbolic statments I mentioned before....

Console needs aim assist its that simple, the analouge nature of the controller simply isn't accurate enough not to have it
The first flight had a heavily reduced AA the second flight had slightly tuned up AA but not by much as a console controller player I feel that AA is in a pretty good sport right now and if anything I'd like to see it reduced back to the levels in the first flight.

Hyperbolic sarcasm doens't help your argument
No guys, OP is right. Controller aim assist needs to go. Forget the vast, vast amount of comments and threads being made here, on Reddit, and Twitter of players saying it doesn’t feel good. You don’t need players to have fun for a game to succeed. Forget that it’s consistently the number one problem brought up in any feedback thread. Player feedback isn’t important at all. Forget that Halo is first and foremost an Xbox console game. Making sure it feels good on a console controller shouldn’t be a priority at all.

As long as the niche hyper-competitive MnK community is happy, everything else will just work out.
Custom aim assist would be the best solution. Some people feel the aim assist is too low and others feel it is too high. 343i should give people options to up or down their aim assist (or turn it off).
II mek II wrote:
You clearly have a bias against controller aim.

Controller has aim assist because of how inferior it is to mouse and keyboard. If you turn off aim assist on controller and mouse, mouse will win everytime. It's your thumb vs someone's entire arm. There's no competition.

Play counter-strike with a controller and see how far you get. You'll be dog-walked up and down the ranked playlist. Maybe these game devs should stop pitting Mouse and controller players together as if they're on the same playing field. Even without mouse magnetism, I could confidently body a controller player because it's just that big of a gap. I haven't even mentioned the DPI software that comes with gaming mice.

This is coming from a guy who played CS:Source until he got carpal tunnel in his right hand. Controller aim assist is pretty much the only thing stop mice players from completely curb stomping console players. There's literally no debate.
Yes and the solution is to add soft aimbot. Smart solution. Take a potentially great esports game and make it a joke because of aim assist. Cater to the casual children who want to "have fun". That's what social playlists are for. Play BTB with friends.
Aim assist will always be an issue as long as crossplay is a thing. and as long as PC performance is a joke. The tracking in this game feels like -Yoink- along with the shot reg for kbm.
You realize aim assist and bullet magnetism are still both on for keyboard & mouse as well as controller right? Is that not what you’re talking about when you say soft aimbot?
There is ZERO bullet magnetism for kbm. You have no idea what you're talking about.
But there is. You aren't going to win any brownie points here. This game feels awful on controller. Nearly unplayable imo. I'm sticking to MCC.

Also, those "kids" are the adults that have spent years playing this game casually with friends which, in my case, started all the way back in 2002. The only ones sweating are children. You are in the minority. And judging by that 300 Halo gamerscore and nearly no time in-game, you haven't a clue what makes a Halo game great. Halo was never about esports losers/tryhards. It was about a fun social FPS that COULD be played competitively in the right setting. The right setting is not a flight test for a game that isn't even out yet. If you want competition, maybe look into Splitgate or something. But as far as this community goes, 99% disagree. Have a good day.
No crap it started that long ago.
I've played Halo religiously since CE, so don't go through this elitist "I know more about Halo than you" bs. It's not even close to being true.
I grew up on console and switched to PC 5 years ago and haven't regretted it. It's just a better experience period. Not even close. In doing so, I forced myself to learn KBM until I became a 3+ KD player in ever shooter I play on PC.
There are KNOWN tracking and performance issues on PC. It's not even close to the state of console. I have friends that I played the flight with on XBO, XBSX, and on PC. Every single PC player had a terrible time with stuttering, hitching, and tracking issues because it just felt TERRIBLE. Go to any other shooter and it feels smooth, buttery (COD, Valorant, CSGO, Destiny 2, the list just goes on) but obviously I get that it's an alpha build and will be fixed (hopefully) by launch.
You obviously haven't played on PC with KBM so you have no idea what you're referring to. Playing controller in the flights - far easier than KBM. KBM has ABSOLUTELY NO bullet magnetism and that "mouse magnetism" feature did absolutely nothing. And if I'm going to be honest, why turn it on if you're a self respecting KBM purist?

You are 100% wrong and obviously have zero experience talking about the input device you are talking about. Doesn't matter how many console/controller bros upvote your post. Doesn't make it true.
PhOboSurF wrote:
Aim assit in this game is still an issue, altho only with a few weapons.
It seems using a semi auto/low rate of fire gun on a controller kinda makes you hit every shot, even just burst firing the AR.

I totally understand that people on console needs to have fun, but not likes this, we will already have skill based matchmaking, so it makes 0 sense to have some sort of aim assist if players will only get matched with other similar skilled player.

Aim assist only limits the potential of the game in Esports, no one likes to play with cheaters and this IS CHEATING, I bet you everyone into competitive PC gaming will say that, not just me, but everyone.

Please 343i if you read this, work on this feature a bit more, mb leave it on in casual games and totally off in classificated/competitive, like it should be.

Ah, btw tnx for slowing the Skewer shot at medium/long range, was a nice nerf.
no, it parts of Halo core, Halo was BORN in xbox for controller with aim assist, is part of Halo, doesnt make any sense to take aim assist out.
Lol dude... Halo CE, Halo 2, and Halo 3 had little aim assist. The issue was bullet magnetism, which is a big thing for Bungie because it makes the gunplay "feel" better.
I guess in a way the aim assist was the same, if you're combining both aim assist and bullet magnetism since Infinite has almost zero bullet magnetism but high aim assist, but let's not get into this debate that the original Halos would almost perfectly stick on target for you like in Infinite. That's just how every single modern FPS game is for controller players to cater to the casuals and bring in new players.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 9