Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Controller aiming feels off - suggestions?

OP Zalabar Onyx

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
I feel like my aiming is way off in the tech demo, I've played around with both sensitivity and acceleration but can't find a good fit for most weapons and feel like it's too floaty. Has anyone found a good combo that feels solid?
I feel like my aiming is way off in the tech demo, I've played around with both sensitivity and acceleration but can't find a good fit for most weapons and feel like it's too floaty. Has anyone found a good combo that feels solid?
Should mention I'm playing with an Xbox series x controller on PC.
to offer suggestions on controls is hard cuz its down to the controller u use the skill lvl of a gamer you are. I reccomend spending at least an hour at the shooting range and mess around with the settings thats what i did.
Sounds like people are dropping their sensitivities a fair bit. The lack of aim assist really penalises you for moving past the target too quickly. Obviously you don't look around as crisply (your acceleration can still be high for when you peg the stick) - but you need to have a bit more finesse over your reticule.
Definitely go into the weapons challenge mode. You can mess around aiming at stationary, straight line, or strafing targets (depending on the difficulty you choose) and that's easier and probably more reliable than trying to figure it out in live matches.
Does playing PC with an Xbox controller have aim assist?
Lower deadzones as far as your controller will allow. Turn look acceleration up to 5 then adjust sensitivity accordingly (I settled on 3 sens). Took me from 20% accuracy to around 48%. It still feels horrible, but it at least made the game playable for me.
Does playing PC with an Xbox controller have aim assist?
It honestly feels like it straight up doesn't have any aim assist on PC for certain guns. Mostly precision weapons but the commando, sniper, and sidekick specifically feel really bad; and yes I have spent a VERY long time in the firing range. I do great with everything but the precision weapons.
Definitely go into the weapons challenge mode. You can mess around aiming at stationary, straight line, or strafing targets (depending on the difficulty you choose) and that's easier and probably more reliable than trying to figure it out in live matches.
Trust me, I've spent a fair amount of time is weapon drills. It feels like the aim assist is off compared to other Halo games on PC.
Haven't played the flight, but I'll be really disappointed if the aim is an issue yet again. 343 had 6 years to address this since the god awful aim mechanic implementation in Halo 5.

A FPS should absolutely not have bad aim mechanics. It's something you need to hit bang on because it can be game ruining.
Just want to add for anyone wondering. This problem exists on Xbox as well. No aim assist for controllers with certain weapons.
Haven't played the flight, but I'll be really disappointed if the aim is an issue yet again. 343 had 6 years to address this since the god awful aim mechanic implementation in Halo 5.

A FPS should absolutely not have bad aim mechanics. It's something you need to hit bang on because it can be game ruining.
Feels worse than Halo 5 to me and I really hated aiming in H5. There's still time for them to fix it before launch, so hopefully they'll notice all the threads on it. Right now I consider it the biggest problem with the game. Halo invented good controller aiming, so it's pretty ridiculous that it feels this terrible.
Baby Bacon wrote:

Feels worse than Halo 5 to me and I really hated aiming in H5. There's still time for them to fix it before launch, so hopefully they'll notice all the threads on it. Right now I consider it the biggest problem with the game. Halo invented good controller aiming, so it's pretty ridiculous that it feels this terrible.
That is true, hopefully it feels better in the further builds. It's playable, just feels off.
This sounds really dumb but it feels like aim assist differs in so many different scenarios. Sometimes when im not zoom'd its SO strong. Then suddenly I zoom and its virtually gone.

I can't explain it. It feels hard because its always changing in a way.
Trust me, I've spent a fair amount of time is weapon drills. It feels like the aim assist is off compared to other Halo games on PC.
Fair enough
Aim assist is not a thing. Go into the firing range with any weapon and let the bots run through your reticle, it won't move.
Yeah I can't hit the broadside of a Covenant Capital ship, especially with the Commando.
Lot of people have been having the same issues. I was onyx in H5. Master in COD. I'm definitely not bad but I'm having the issue of if I go too low I can't turn fast and acceleration doesn't seem to help much and if I go too high then mid-duel I'll just start aiming sporadically. Aim assist or something definitely needs tweaking. I don't want more bullet magnetism though.
Aim assist is not a thing. Go into the firing range with any weapon and let the bots run through your reticle, it won't move.
There is aim assist. idk about it moving your crosshair but there is slow down (sticky aim) and bullet magnetism.
I've been messing around with all of the settings for the last 2 days and no combination of settings feels like other modern FPS games. There's a massive jump in aim acceleration when you move your thumbstick to the edge of the ring, which makes quick adjustments/twitch aiming borderline impossible. The crosshair just jumps all over the place and then I need to try and compensate for this and end up missing. It feels like a worse version of Halo 5s aiming system at launch. Every other game in the series had solid, responsive aiming.

And this isn't an aim assist/bullet magnetism issue. I WANT there to be minimum aim assist/bullet magnetism. The issue is the jarring aim acceleration jump that you can't fix with any setting, even aim accel set to its lowest.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4