Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Controller vs Mouse/keyboard

OP El camino roj0

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
KnightFJS wrote:
TinT LosT wrote:
TinT LosT wrote:
get rid of aim assist in competitive modes, then, us keyboard warriors, wont have a reason to complain, we trained to get this good,
You dont have any reasons to complain. M&K is just better, and if you loose against a controller player, aim assist or not, you are just bad, just get over it. An average M&K player is slightly better than an average controller player just because the mouse precission, thats just a fact
cool story, but i said in competitive modes, casual and social games aim assist is fine, (competitive it isnt right to use unnatural assistance like aim assist), a great example were it is better than mouse and keyboard, (wiggle jumping) aim assist would help you keep on their head as they wiggle by crouching fast air borne, with a mouse this is not the case, high frequency movement with the mouse reduces aim accuracy, and i play both xbox and pc both have their flaws, but to be able to have no aim assist, the players would adjust as it is our human nature to adapt, =/ or do you not beleive in mankind?
thumbsticks need aim assist imo in order to be intuitive like m+k. halo 5 has really low aim assist on controller and its the worse aiming ive played. after 5 years, its still not fun for me. the right choice is to just not allow controllers to play with m+k in ranked so people can get consistent matches
Aim assist should be completely removed from all games to be blatantly honest.

The reason why aim assist exists is simply to make games less skilled and easier to play. And the reason why most people can't aim without aim assist is because they are so used to having a bot do majority of the work so once that bot is gone, their real aim begins to show.

Hence the reason why controller players never want to let go of their aim assist.
nope aim assist makes using a thumbstick bearable. and now because the aiming is consistent, players can pull of bigger moves with their movement in skilled ways that make the game fun which is what halo is about. halo should never be about struggling to aim with a thumbstick.
Aim assist actually does all the work for you on top of the fact that it effectively makes it so you have to try to miss your shots. Aim assist is barely considered "aim assist" honestly, it locks to your target. I mean controller players literally have complaints of having their aim thrown off if someone walks by their reticle because of how strongly it locks on.
KnightFJS wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
TinT LosT wrote:
TinT LosT wrote:
get rid of aim assist in competitive modes, then, us keyboard warriors, wont have a reason to complain, we trained to get this good,
You dont have any reasons to complain. M&K is just better, and if you loose against a controller player, aim assist or not, you are just bad, just get over it. An average M&K player is slightly better than an average controller player just because the mouse precission, thats just a fact
cool story, but i said in competitive modes, casual and social games aim assist is fine, (competitive it isnt right to use unnatural assistance like aim assist), a great example were it is better than mouse and keyboard, (wiggle jumping) aim assist would help you keep on their head as they wiggle by crouching fast air borne, with a mouse this is not the case, high frequency movement with the mouse reduces aim accuracy, and i play both xbox and pc both have their flaws, but to be able to have no aim assist, the players would adjust as it is our human nature to adapt, =/ or do you not beleive in mankind?
thumbsticks need aim assist imo in order to be intuitive like m+k. halo 5 has really low aim assist on controller and its the worse aiming ive played. after 5 years, its still not fun for me. the right choice is to just not allow controllers to play with m+k in ranked so people can get consistent matches
Aim assist should be completely removed from all games to be blatantly honest.

The reason why aim assist exists is simply to make games less skilled and easier to play. And the reason why most people can't aim without aim assist is because they are so used to having a bot do majority of the work so once that bot is gone, their real aim begins to show.

Hence the reason why controller players never want to let go of their aim assist.
nope aim assist makes using a thumbstick bearable. and now because the aiming is consistent, players can pull of bigger moves with their movement in skilled ways that make the game fun which is what halo is about. halo should never be about struggling to aim with a thumbstick.
Aim assist actually does all the work for you on top of the fact that it effectively makes it so you have to try to miss your shots. Aim assist is barely considered "aim assist" honestly, it locks to your target. I mean controller players literally have complaints of having their aim thrown off if someone walks by their reticle because of how strongly it locks on.
cod has similar aim assist, it doesnt stop that game being fun and ultra competitive. in fact i think it galvanizes the community. youre acting like its an aim bot, people still miss with the precision weapons. we should just accept halo is built for controllers. plug one in your pc and enjoy what halo is designed for
Cant agree with those trying to say aim assist is some auto win button. if aim assist really kills the skill gap as some are saying, why are there even competitive tiers / ranks? Average players would be able to hang with the top ranked slayers and thats just not the case. a pro player, or even a semi player will smoke a average player any day of the week in every encounter. Aim assist doesnt remove skill, its almost impossible to aim on sticks without it unless you have 1 sensitivity and you ruin your joins from the stress precision required when aim assist is off.

I will admit in halo 2A and halo 4 the aim assist and bullet magnetism is jacked up to 10000 and definitely waters down the skill gap, but all the other halo's are tuned appropriately for their sandboxes IMO.
KnightFJS wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
TinT LosT wrote:
TinT LosT wrote:
get rid of aim assist in competitive modes, then, us keyboard warriors, wont have a reason to complain, we trained to get this good,
You dont have any reasons to complain. M&K is just better, and if you loose against a controller player, aim assist or not, you are just bad, just get over it. An average M&K player is slightly better than an average controller player just because the mouse precission, thats just a fact
cool story, but i said in competitive modes, casual and social games aim assist is fine, (competitive it isnt right to use unnatural assistance like aim assist), a great example were it is better than mouse and keyboard, (wiggle jumping) aim assist would help you keep on their head as they wiggle by crouching fast air borne, with a mouse this is not the case, high frequency movement with the mouse reduces aim accuracy, and i play both xbox and pc both have their flaws, but to be able to have no aim assist, the players would adjust as it is our human nature to adapt, =/ or do you not beleive in mankind?
thumbsticks need aim assist imo in order to be intuitive like m+k. halo 5 has really low aim assist on controller and its the worse aiming ive played. after 5 years, its still not fun for me. the right choice is to just not allow controllers to play with m+k in ranked so people can get consistent matches
Aim assist should be completely removed from all games to be blatantly honest.

The reason why aim assist exists is simply to make games less skilled and easier to play. And the reason why most people can't aim without aim assist is because they are so used to having a bot do majority of the work so once that bot is gone, their real aim begins to show.

Hence the reason why controller players never want to let go of their aim assist.
nope aim assist makes using a thumbstick bearable. and now because the aiming is consistent, players can pull of bigger moves with their movement in skilled ways that make the game fun which is what halo is about. halo should never be about struggling to aim with a thumbstick.
Aim assist actually does all the work for you on top of the fact that it effectively makes it so you have to try to miss your shots. Aim assist is barely considered "aim assist" honestly, it locks to your target. I mean controller players literally have complaints of having their aim thrown off if someone walks by their reticle because of how strongly it locks on.
cod has similar aim assist, it doesnt stop that game being fun and ultra competitive. in fact i think it galvanizes the community. youre acting like its an aim bot, people still miss with the precision weapons. we should just accept halo is built for controllers. plug one in your pc and enjoy what halo is designed for
Ehh calling cod competitive is a stretch, calling it ultra-competitive is just incorrect. It's the go to casual shooter on the market, built entirely for casuals. They pump money into their CDL scene but it doesnt attract many viewers.

I'm not saying CoD is bad, I enjoy it, just not a competitive title and never will be. I do miss the CoD 4 GameBattle days back in high school though.
MEOWWWW123 wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
TinT LosT wrote:
TinT LosT wrote:
get rid of aim assist in competitive modes, then, us keyboard warriors, wont have a reason to complain, we trained to get this good,
You dont have any reasons to complain. M&K is just better, and if you loose against a controller player, aim assist or not, you are just bad, just get over it. An average M&K player is slightly better than an average controller player just because the mouse precission, thats just a fact
cool story, but i said in competitive modes, casual and social games aim assist is fine, (competitive it isnt right to use unnatural assistance like aim assist), a great example were it is better than mouse and keyboard, (wiggle jumping) aim assist would help you keep on their head as they wiggle by crouching fast air borne, with a mouse this is not the case, high frequency movement with the mouse reduces aim accuracy, and i play both xbox and pc both have their flaws, but to be able to have no aim assist, the players would adjust as it is our human nature to adapt, =/ or do you not beleive in mankind?
thumbsticks need aim assist imo in order to be intuitive like m+k. halo 5 has really low aim assist on controller and its the worse aiming ive played. after 5 years, its still not fun for me. the right choice is to just not allow controllers to play with m+k in ranked so people can get consistent matches
Aim assist should be completely removed from all games to be blatantly honest.

The reason why aim assist exists is simply to make games less skilled and easier to play. And the reason why most people can't aim without aim assist is because they are so used to having a bot do majority of the work so once that bot is gone, their real aim begins to show.

Hence the reason why controller players never want to let go of their aim assist.
nope aim assist makes using a thumbstick bearable. and now because the aiming is consistent, players can pull of bigger moves with their movement in skilled ways that make the game fun which is what halo is about. halo should never be about struggling to aim with a thumbstick.
Aim assist actually does all the work for you on top of the fact that it effectively makes it so you have to try to miss your shots. Aim assist is barely considered "aim assist" honestly, it locks to your target. I mean controller players literally have complaints of having their aim thrown off if someone walks by their reticle because of how strongly it locks on.
cod has similar aim assist, it doesnt stop that game being fun and ultra competitive. in fact i think it galvanizes the community. youre acting like its an aim bot, people still miss with the precision weapons. we should just accept halo is built for controllers. plug one in your pc and enjoy what halo is designed for
Ehh calling cod competitive is a stretch, calling it ultra-competitive is just incorrect. It's the go to casual shooter on the market, built entirely for casuals. They pump money into their CDL scene but it doesnt attract many viewers.

I'm not saying CoD is bad, I enjoy it, just not a competitive title and never will be. I do miss the CoD 4 GameBattle days back in high school though.
cod is a game that serves all kinds of players. it can get as competitive as any other shooter. any game is competitive, the question is, is it fun?
Well, I navegate a little here in the forums and didn't find any question like this in the last month.
Im a little anxious about the games that mix controller and mouse -keyboard. What do you think guys? Is this good for the game?
as far as I know, mouse keyboard is faster for aim than controllers.
I was thinking in play H infinite with the elite 2, but if they mix the community I think I should practice soon with the mouse. What do you think guys?
been playing Halo mcc on PC with cross play enabled and input MM off and i havent had an issue. i Play on PC with a Xbox one controller btw and i dont see too much of a advantage to M&K users granted i feel like im above average with a controller skill wise.
MEOWWWW123 wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
TinT LosT wrote:
TinT LosT wrote:
get rid of aim assist in competitive modes, then, us keyboard warriors, wont have a reason to complain, we trained to get this good,
You dont have any reasons to complain. M&K is just better, and if you loose against a controller player, aim assist or not, you are just bad, just get over it. An average M&K player is slightly better than an average controller player just because the mouse precission, thats just a fact
cool story, but i said in competitive modes, casual and social games aim assist is fine, (competitive it isnt right to use unnatural assistance like aim assist), a great example were it is better than mouse and keyboard, (wiggle jumping) aim assist would help you keep on their head as they wiggle by crouching fast air borne, with a mouse this is not the case, high frequency movement with the mouse reduces aim accuracy, and i play both xbox and pc both have their flaws, but to be able to have no aim assist, the players would adjust as it is our human nature to adapt, =/ or do you not beleive in mankind?
thumbsticks need aim assist imo in order to be intuitive like m+k. halo 5 has really low aim assist on controller and its the worse aiming ive played. after 5 years, its still not fun for me. the right choice is to just not allow controllers to play with m+k in ranked so people can get consistent matches
Aim assist should be completely removed from all games to be blatantly honest.

The reason why aim assist exists is simply to make games less skilled and easier to play. And the reason why most people can't aim without aim assist is because they are so used to having a bot do majority of the work so once that bot is gone, their real aim begins to show.

Hence the reason why controller players never want to let go of their aim assist.
nope aim assist makes using a thumbstick bearable. and now because the aiming is consistent, players can pull of bigger moves with their movement in skilled ways that make the game fun which is what halo is about. halo should never be about struggling to aim with a thumbstick.
Aim assist actually does all the work for you on top of the fact that it effectively makes it so you have to try to miss your shots. Aim assist is barely considered "aim assist" honestly, it locks to your target. I mean controller players literally have complaints of having their aim thrown off if someone walks by their reticle because of how strongly it locks on.
cod has similar aim assist, it doesnt stop that game being fun and ultra competitive. in fact i think it galvanizes the community. youre acting like its an aim bot, people still miss with the precision weapons. we should just accept halo is built for controllers. plug one in your pc and enjoy what halo is designed for
Ehh calling cod competitive is a stretch, calling it ultra-competitive is just incorrect. It's the go to casual shooter on the market, built entirely for casuals. They pump money into their CDL scene but it doesnt attract many viewers.

I'm not saying CoD is bad, I enjoy it, just not a competitive title and never will be. I do miss the CoD 4 GameBattle days back in high school though.
cod is a game that serves all kinds of players. it can get as competitive as any other shooter. any game is competitive, the question is, is it fun?
Yeah I'm not questioning the fun aspect, as I said I enjoy CoD, especially Warzone. It's just never going to be on the same competitive level as CS or R6
MEOWWWW123 wrote:
MEOWWWW123 wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
KnightFJS wrote:
TinT LosT wrote:
TinT LosT wrote:
get rid of aim assist in competitive modes, then, us keyboard warriors, wont have a reason to complain, we trained to get this good,
You dont have any reasons to complain. M&K is just better, and if you loose against a controller player, aim assist or not, you are just bad, just get over it. An average M&K player is slightly better than an average controller player just because the mouse precission, thats just a fact
cool story, but i said in competitive modes, casual and social games aim assist is fine, (competitive it isnt right to use unnatural assistance like aim assist), a great example were it is better than mouse and keyboard, (wiggle jumping) aim assist would help you keep on their head as they wiggle by crouching fast air borne, with a mouse this is not the case, high frequency movement with the mouse reduces aim accuracy, and i play both xbox and pc both have their flaws, but to be able to have no aim assist, the players would adjust as it is our human nature to adapt, =/ or do you not beleive in mankind?
thumbsticks need aim assist imo in order to be intuitive like m+k. halo 5 has really low aim assist on controller and its the worse aiming ive played. after 5 years, its still not fun for me. the right choice is to just not allow controllers to play with m+k in ranked so people can get consistent matches
Aim assist should be completely removed from all games to be blatantly honest.

The reason why aim assist exists is simply to make games less skilled and easier to play. And the reason why most people can't aim without aim assist is because they are so used to having a bot do majority of the work so once that bot is gone, their real aim begins to show.

Hence the reason why controller players never want to let go of their aim assist.
nope aim assist makes using a thumbstick bearable. and now because the aiming is consistent, players can pull of bigger moves with their movement in skilled ways that make the game fun which is what halo is about. halo should never be about struggling to aim with a thumbstick.
Aim assist actually does all the work for you on top of the fact that it effectively makes it so you have to try to miss your shots. Aim assist is barely considered "aim assist" honestly, it locks to your target. I mean controller players literally have complaints of having their aim thrown off if someone walks by their reticle because of how strongly it locks on.
cod has similar aim assist, it doesnt stop that game being fun and ultra competitive. in fact i think it galvanizes the community. youre acting like its an aim bot, people still miss with the precision weapons. we should just accept halo is built for controllers. plug one in your pc and enjoy what halo is designed for
Ehh calling cod competitive is a stretch, calling it ultra-competitive is just incorrect. It's the go to casual shooter on the market, built entirely for casuals. They pump money into their CDL scene but it doesnt attract many viewers.

I'm not saying CoD is bad, I enjoy it, just not a competitive title and never will be. I do miss the CoD 4 GameBattle days back in high school though.
cod is a game that serves all kinds of players. it can get as competitive as any other shooter. any game is competitive, the question is, is it fun?
Yeah I'm not questioning the fun aspect, as I said I enjoy CoD, especially Warzone. It's just never going to be on the same competitive level as CS or R6
cod fell of a cliff like halo but in its prime it was played by everyone and very competitive. easy aim assist is still competitive because it gets exploited by the top players to pull off moves that otherwise wouldnt be possible.
wow alot of people in the comments, saying aim assist is aim bot, no, aim assist is helpful, but not 100% free kills, it still takes reaction time and tracking skill to use the aim assistance correctly, but the problem is the aim assist never changes, during fights, example,

1 v 1, br fight, your locked on (controller) you shoot, (aim assist helps keep you on your target as you keep up with their movements with your joystick) and doesnt decrease the amount of aim assist, basicly making it so anyone who is decent at using a controller an aim god, without actually needing to put in ALL the work,

i personally feel aim assist is needed but not welcome in competitive game modes, you know there used to be settings in halo to turn aim assist off for controller, not in the MCC (if i remember correctly) anyway, if i knew how to make aim assist i would edit it, so when the crosshair is on target, the aim assist turns off completely over 3 seconds for the player ID your vsing, so its the players need to use their tracking skill to keep their sights on their enemy then either turn on again 0.5 seconds later. (but id make it so if someone else comes to fight and 2 v 1 you, that the aim assist will be player based, so it will still work, against a new opponent,

like i said in an earlier post, humans have evolved, we are combat evolved, we can learn to use controllers without aim assist, or at least a revamped aim assist,

everyone has good points, but people saying about controller vs mouse flicks, (controllers are not as poorly designed as they used to be with enough hours, you can aim like a mouse with a controller, not even a joke =o shocking right?)

Controller Tips:
(high sens on controller and be gentle with the sticks to aim in general, and flick your finger like a cod quick scope without the need of the scope) its about learning/practice, learn how to be accurate and fast,

Mouse Tips:
Dont zoom in for every kill,

Keyboard Tips:

CTRL = Crouch, not enough keyboard warriors wiggle jump, SPAM CRTL WHEN U JUMP

console players vs pc players,

pc players like to play mind games and catch you off gaurd
console players like to hold angles

both love to rush
TinT LosT wrote:
TinT LosT wrote:
get rid of aim assist in competitive modes, then, us keyboard warriors, wont have a reason to complain, we trained to get this good,
You dont have any reasons to complain. M&K is just better, and if you loose against a controller player, aim assist or not, you are just bad, just get over it. An average M&K player is slightly better than an average controller player just because the mouse precission, thats just a fact
cool story, but i said in competitive modes, casual and social games aim assist is fine, (competitive it isnt right to use unnatural assistance like aim assist), a great example were it is better than mouse and keyboard, (wiggle jumping) aim assist would help you keep on their head as they wiggle by crouching fast air borne, with a mouse this is not the case, high frequency movement with the mouse reduces aim accuracy, and i play both xbox and pc both have their flaws, but to be able to have no aim assist, the players would adjust as it is our human nature to adapt, =/ or do you not beleive in mankind?
Are you new or something?? Wiggle jumping was created for the sole purpose of BREAKING THE AIM ASSIST WHILE TRYING TO GET HEADSHOTS, nothing more. Aim assist isnt strong enough to just lock on into the enemies while they are wiggle jumping if you aim to the head. There is just no excuse
TinT LosT wrote:
TinT LosT wrote:
get rid of aim assist in competitive modes, then, us keyboard warriors, wont have a reason to complain, we trained to get this good,
You dont have any reasons to complain. M&K is just better, and if you loose against a controller player, aim assist or not, you are just bad, just get over it. An average M&K player is slightly better than an average controller player just because the mouse precission, thats just a fact
cool story, but i said in competitive modes, casual and social games aim assist is fine, (competitive it isnt right to use unnatural assistance like aim assist), a great example were it is better than mouse and keyboard, (wiggle jumping) aim assist would help you keep on their head as they wiggle by crouching fast air borne, with a mouse this is not the case, high frequency movement with the mouse reduces aim accuracy, and i play both xbox and pc both have their flaws, but to be able to have no aim assist, the players would adjust as it is our human nature to adapt, =/ or do you not beleive in mankind?
Are you new or something?? Wiggle jumping was created for the sole purpose of BREAKING THE AIM ASSIST WHILE TRYING TO GET HEADSHOTS, nothing more. Aim assist isnt strong enough to just lock on into the enemies while they are wiggle jumping if you aim to the head. There is just no excuse
yeah mate i started playing next week tomorrow like dont go on my profile and compare our hours, :) i dont think you know what your saying anymore, aim assist, or not, idc, just dont want it in competitive scenes like where prize money can be got,

p.s ive been playing halo, since before halo 2 even came out :)
Controller vs Mouse and Keyboard, hmh...
it's like asking Henry Cavill "Playstation or Xbox", we all know the answer.

I say there is a huge difference playing with or without aim assist.
I think the most people who mean there isn't a tangible difference are just noobs and have not a huge Halo experience.

Short over me:
Halo Wars: since day one / Xbox360
Halo Wars 2: since day one / Xbox One and PC
Halo Reach: since day one / Xbox360, Xbox One and PC
Halo CE: since day one / Xbox, Xbox360, Xbox One and PC
Halo CE Anniversary: since day one / Xbox One and PC
Halo 2: since day one / Xbox, Xbox360, Xbox One and PC
Halo 2 Anniversary: since day one / Xbox One and PC
Halo 3: since day one / Xbox360, Xbox One and PC
Halo 3 ODST: since day one / Xbox360, Xbox One and PC
Halo 4: since day one / Xbox360, Xbox One and PC
Halo 5: since day one / Xbox One

I've a lot of experience with all the Halo games (Spartan assault and the other crap too).
If you don't believe, watch my (old) SWAT Halo 5 CSR in my Halo Waypoint profile (Champion #1).
Don't believe? Watch my Xbox profile in activity feed.

Ok I just tell you little boys, that you know I'am not a noob like much others here.

Here is my answer about your question:
Mouse and Keyboard are much better to play with. I was since Halo 1 a born PC player.
I also played every Halo game on console with controller and play RS6 and CS1.6, CSS and CSGO on PC.
As a player who wants to play with skill I say: aim assist is a kind of cheating and has nothing to search in a PC game.

Since the MCC update with Halo 4, it feels like every console player is cheating.
I slided down from the Top3 players to the middle section in multiplayer games.
The magnetical of the aim assist is way to high. But without aim assist, controller players would hit nearly nothing (my mind).

https://halo.bungie.net/stats/playerstatshalo2.aspx?player=bl4ze91
https://halo.bungie.net/stats/playerstatshalo3.aspx?player=bl4ze91

You will never find a good balance between controller and mouse/keyboard.
It's very nice to play with other peoples (Console and PC) Halo games, but aim assist in ranked game modes is cheating.

Sorry for my bad english and the short text. I was to lazzy to write more.
bl4ze91 wrote:
Controller vs Mouse and Keyboard, hmh...it's like asking Henry Cavill "Playstation or Xbox", we all know the answer.I say there is a huge difference playing with or without aim assist.
I think the most people who mean there isn't a tangible difference are just noobs and have not a huge Halo experience.

Short over me:Halo Wars: since day one / Xbox360
Halo Wars 2: since day one / Xbox One and PC
Halo Reach: since day one / Xbox360, Xbox One and PC
Halo CE: since day one / Xbox, Xbox360, Xbox One and PC
Halo CE Anniversary: since day one / Xbox One and PC
Halo 2: since day one / Xbox, Xbox360, Xbox One and PC
Halo 2 Anniversary: since day one / Xbox One and PC
Halo 3: since day one / Xbox360, Xbox One and PC
Halo 3 ODST: since day one / Xbox360, Xbox One and PC
Halo 4: since day one / Xbox360, Xbox One and PC
Halo 5: since day one / Xbox One

I've a lot of experience with all the Halo games (Spartan assault and the other crap too).
If you don't believe, watch my (old) SWAT Halo 5 CSR in my Halo Waypoint profile (Champion #1).
Don't believe? Watch my Xbox profile in activity feed.

Ok I just tell you little boys, that you know I'am not a noob like much others here.

Here is my answer about your question:Mouse and Keyboard are much better to play with. I was since Halo 1 a born PC player.
I also played every Halo game on console with controller and play RS6 and CS1.6, CSS and CSGO on PC.
As a player who wants to play with skill I say: aim assist is a kind of cheating and has nothing to search in a PC game.

Since the MCC update with Halo 4, it feels like every console player is cheating.
I slided down from the Top3 players to the middle section in multiplayer games.
The magnetical of the aim assist is way to high. But without aim assist, controller players would hit nearly nothing (my mind).

https://halo.bungie.net/stats/playerstatshalo2.aspx?player=bl4ze91
https://halo.bungie.net/stats/playerstatshalo3.aspx?player=bl4ze91

You will never find a good balance between controller and mouse/keyboard.It's very nice to play with other peoples (Console and PC) Halo games, but aim assist in ranked game modes is cheating.Sorry for my bad english and the short text. I was to lazzy to write more.
controllers vs controllers is not cheating. I dont think any game should let m+k and controller play together because its impossible to make fair. should only be allowed in custom games.
bl4ze91 wrote:
Controller vs Mouse and Keyboard, hmh...it's like asking Henry Cavill "Playstation or Xbox", we all know the answer.I say there is a huge difference playing with or without aim assist.
I think the most people who mean there isn't a tangible difference are just noobs and have not a huge Halo experience.

Short over me:Halo Wars: since day one / Xbox360
Halo Wars 2: since day one / Xbox One and PC
Halo Reach: since day one / Xbox360, Xbox One and PC
Halo CE: since day one / Xbox, Xbox360, Xbox One and PC
Halo CE Anniversary: since day one / Xbox One and PC
Halo 2: since day one / Xbox, Xbox360, Xbox One and PC
Halo 2 Anniversary: since day one / Xbox One and PC
Halo 3: since day one / Xbox360, Xbox One and PC
Halo 3 ODST: since day one / Xbox360, Xbox One and PC
Halo 4: since day one / Xbox360, Xbox One and PC
Halo 5: since day one / Xbox One

I've a lot of experience with all the Halo games (Spartan assault and the other crap too).
If you don't believe, watch my (old) SWAT Halo 5 CSR in my Halo Waypoint profile (Champion #1).
Don't believe? Watch my Xbox profile in activity feed.

Ok I just tell you little boys, that you know I'am not a noob like much others here.

Here is my answer about your question:Mouse and Keyboard are much better to play with. I was since Halo 1 a born PC player.
I also played every Halo game on console with controller and play RS6 and CS1.6, CSS and CSGO on PC.
As a player who wants to play with skill I say: aim assist is a kind of cheating and has nothing to search in a PC game.

Since the MCC update with Halo 4, it feels like every console player is cheating.
I slided down from the Top3 players to the middle section in multiplayer games.
The magnetical of the aim assist is way to high. But without aim assist, controller players would hit nearly nothing (my mind).

https://halo.bungie.net/stats/playerstatshalo2.aspx?player=bl4ze91
https://halo.bungie.net/stats/playerstatshalo3.aspx?player=bl4ze91

You will never find a good balance between controller and mouse/keyboard.It's very nice to play with other peoples (Console and PC) Halo games, but aim assist in ranked game modes is cheating.Sorry for my bad english and the short text. I was to lazzy to write more.
controllers vs controllers is not cheating. I dont think any game should let m+k and controller play together because its impossible to make fair. should only be allowed in custom games.
Exact what I mean.
KnightFJS wrote:
TinT LosT wrote:
TinT LosT wrote:
get rid of aim assist in competitive modes, then, us keyboard warriors, wont have a reason to complain, we trained to get this good,
You dont have any reasons to complain. M&K is just better, and if you loose against a controller player, aim assist or not, you are just bad, just get over it. An average M&K player is slightly better than an average controller player just because the mouse precission, thats just a fact
cool story, but i said in competitive modes, casual and social games aim assist is fine, (competitive it isnt right to use unnatural assistance like aim assist), a great example were it is better than mouse and keyboard, (wiggle jumping) aim assist would help you keep on their head as they wiggle by crouching fast air borne, with a mouse this is not the case, high frequency movement with the mouse reduces aim accuracy, and i play both xbox and pc both have their flaws, but to be able to have no aim assist, the players would adjust as it is our human nature to adapt, =/ or do you not beleive in mankind?
thumbsticks need aim assist imo in order to be intuitive like m+k. halo 5 has really low aim assist on controller and its the worse aiming ive played. after 5 years, its still not fun for me. the right choice is to just not allow controllers to play with m+k in ranked so people can get consistent matches
Aim assist should be completely removed from all games to be blatantly honest.

The reason why aim assist exists is simply to make games less skilled and easier to play. And the reason why most people can't aim without aim assist is because they are so used to having a bot do majority of the work so once that bot is gone, their real aim begins to show.

Hence the reason why controller players never want to let go of their aim assist.
Completely agree! I hate aim assist in every game and I immediately turn it off when possible even if it's a clear disadvantage to do so. I would like at least a single game mode with no aim assist.
In Halo 4 (MCC) I usually wreck keyboard players eventhough I use a controller. Is this because of aim assist? Maybe? Unfortunately I can't disable it.
Seems like most of us agree that it should be an option to play against other input types regardless of 343's decisions on aim assist.
KnightFJS wrote:
TinT LosT wrote:
TinT LosT wrote:
get rid of aim assist in competitive modes, then, us keyboard warriors, wont have a reason to complain, we trained to get this good,
You dont have any reasons to complain. M&K is just better, and if you loose against a controller player, aim assist or not, you are just bad, just get over it. An average M&K player is slightly better than an average controller player just because the mouse precission, thats just a fact
cool story, but i said in competitive modes, casual and social games aim assist is fine, (competitive it isnt right to use unnatural assistance like aim assist), a great example were it is better than mouse and keyboard, (wiggle jumping) aim assist would help you keep on their head as they wiggle by crouching fast air borne, with a mouse this is not the case, high frequency movement with the mouse reduces aim accuracy, and i play both xbox and pc both have their flaws, but to be able to have no aim assist, the players would adjust as it is our human nature to adapt, =/ or do you not beleive in mankind?
thumbsticks need aim assist imo in order to be intuitive like m+k. halo 5 has really low aim assist on controller and its the worse aiming ive played. after 5 years, its still not fun for me. the right choice is to just not allow controllers to play with m+k in ranked so people can get consistent matches
Aim assist should be completely removed from all games to be blatantly honest.

The reason why aim assist exists is simply to make games less skilled and easier to play. And the reason why most people can't aim without aim assist is because they are so used to having a bot do majority of the work so once that bot is gone, their real aim begins to show.

Hence the reason why controller players never want to let go of their aim assist.
Completely agree! I hate aim assist in every game and I immediately turn it off when possible even if it's a clear disadvantage to do so. I would like at least a single game mode with no aim assist
you could probably aim better in real life than a thumbstick with no aim assist.

it kind of breaks the immersion of the game youre playing when you start missing stupid shots due to thumbstick controls
bruh halo is meant to be controller (Prod Squad)
Spoiler:
Show
All you PC players are gonna be screaming “Controlla Playa!” Controller has that aim assist. I think any controller player would beat a pc player.
KnightFJS wrote:
TinT LosT wrote:
TinT LosT wrote:
get rid of aim assist in competitive modes, then, us keyboard warriors, wont have a reason to complain, we trained to get this good,
You dont have any reasons to complain. M&K is just better, and if you loose against a controller player, aim assist or not, you are just bad, just get over it. An average M&K player is slightly better than an average controller player just because the mouse precission, thats just a fact
cool story, but i said in competitive modes, casual and social games aim assist is fine, (competitive it isnt right to use unnatural assistance like aim assist), a great example were it is better than mouse and keyboard, (wiggle jumping) aim assist would help you keep on their head as they wiggle by crouching fast air borne, with a mouse this is not the case, high frequency movement with the mouse reduces aim accuracy, and i play both xbox and pc both have their flaws, but to be able to have no aim assist, the players would adjust as it is our human nature to adapt, =/ or do you not beleive in mankind?
thumbsticks need aim assist imo in order to be intuitive like m+k. halo 5 has really low aim assist on controller and its the worse aiming ive played. after 5 years, its still not fun for me. the right choice is to just not allow controllers to play with m+k in ranked so people can get consistent matches
Aim assist should be completely removed from all games to be blatantly honest.

The reason why aim assist exists is simply to make games less skilled and easier to play. And the reason why most people can't aim without aim assist is because they are so used to having a bot do majority of the work so once that bot is gone, their real aim begins to show.

Hence the reason why controller players never want to let go of their aim assist.
Completely agree! I hate aim assist in every game and I immediately turn it off when possible even if it's a clear disadvantage to do so. I would like at least a single game mode with no aim assist
you could probably aim better in real life than a thumbstick with no aim assist.

it kind of breaks the immersion of the game youre playing when you start missing stupid shots due to thumbstick controls
I do well in titan fall 2, borderlands, farcry, cod etc. With no aim assist. Really just comes down to skill. A longer analog stick and a decent controller helps for those struggling. To your point, some games are unplayable without assistance: apex legends. This is because of the wonky bullet speed/drop and gun inaccuracy... I still turn it off though.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2