Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Covenant fanboys dont get your hopes up

OP Nadekill1379

I have said it over and over again. The covenant will not be back in halo infinite! They ended in halo 5 I think that was made pretty clear. However the banished are pretty much confirmed to be in the game and they should effectively replace the covenant. I just find it hilarious how many people still think the covenant will be in halo infinite.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I wouldnt bother. They won't listen. I always wondered why the halo community gets bad reputation. Now I know.

They just silence you if you speak. Halo 4/5 no longer exist in this community.
Lol here we go again. Are you gonna do this on every thread, or did you make a second account so you could comment on your own fake accounts thread? Yes the Halo community is divided on a lot, but you are part of why it gets a bad reputation when you act this childish.
kjbart wrote:
I wouldnt bother. They won't listen. I always wondered why the halo community gets bad reputation. Now I know.

Lol here we go again. Are you gonna do this on every thread, or did you make a second account so you could comment on your own fake accounts thread? Yes the Halo community is divided on a lot, but you are part of why it gets a bad reputation when you act this childish.
So I'm childish for stating facts an opinions? Yet you guys are so mature trying to erase halo 5 from history?
Please show me a recent example of someone actually saying they specifically want the Covenant and only the Covenant. The only time I'm really seeing the "Covenant" mentioned is in the context of former Covenant species being in Infinite like the Banished or as part Cortana's forces.

Its not as if Jul's "Covenant" was an official continuation of the main Covenant in the first place, any number of post war factions could be calling themselves "The Covenant." That all being said, whenever I've seen folks asking about "Covenant" they were essentially asking "will we fight something other than Prometheans?"
I have said it over and over again. The covenant will not be back in halo infinite! They ended in halo 5 I think that was made pretty clear. However the banished are pretty much confirmed to be in the game and they should effectively replace the covenant. I just find it hilarious how many people still think the covenant will be in halo infinite.
Funny, i've never seen someone do this before. People use the "Covenant" as a generalization to refer to the species in the game. Henceforth, people will call the Banished the Covenant instead. It may be wrong but it makes sense.
well, I'm just a little bummed. I'll miss those shiny purple vehicles. Red isn't terrible, though
kjbart wrote:

So I'm childish for stating facts an opinions? Yet you guys are so mature trying to erase halo 5 from history?
Lol how is any of what you're stating facts? You're allowed to have your own opinion by saying you prefer Halo 4 and 5, and others are allowed to have their opinion by saying they prefer the other games. But don't call it facts.

You're childish for throwing a temper tantrum and literally posting on every thread you can about this, even if it's not related to it.

Can you explain to exactly what you mean by "you guys are trying to erase Halo 5 from history?" Cause that's pretty laughable. Halo 5 was released 5 years ago and still has a solid population. So how is it being erased? Because you're afraid Infinite may not have all the spartan abilities? Well no one even knows what the gameplay in Infinite will be like. So stop jumping to conclusions.

I actually enjoyed H5's multiplayer but the campaign story was hot trash. And I enjoyed H4's campaign and the multiplayer not so much. So don't go assuming everyone who disagrees with you wants to "erase H5 from history" LOL jesus.

I gave you the benefit or the doubt and responded constructively on your thread that was locked, so go ahead and read that response cause I'm not gonna repeat it. But now you're just acting immature by constantly posting on every thread you can about this.
Well ya. the covenant were squashed in the battle of Sunaion. Sure, there are some fractured groups but none have the power of the banished.
Funny, i've never seen someone do this before. People use the "Covenant" as a generalization to refer to the species in the game. Henceforth, people will call the Banished the Covenant instead. It may be wrong but it makes sense.
No in many of these threads people mention the covenant being in halo infinite as if halo 4 and 5 never existed
kjbart wrote:
kjbart wrote:

Lol how is any of what you're stating facts? You're allowed to have your own opinion by saying you prefer Halo 4 and 5, and others are allowed to have their opinion by saying they prefer the other games. But don't call it facts.

You're childish for throwing a temper tantrum and literally posting on every thread you can about this, even if it's not related to it.

Can you explain to exactly what you mean by "you guys are trying to erase Halo 5 from history?" Cause that's pretty laughable. Halo 5 was released 5 years ago and still has a solid population. So how is it being erased? Because you're afraid Infinite may not have all the spartan abilities? Well no one even knows what the gameplay in Infinite will be like. So stop jumping to conclusions.

I actually enjoyed H5's multiplayer but the campaign story was hot trash. And I enjoyed H4's campaign and the multiplayer not so much. So don't go assuming everyone who disagrees with you wants to "erase H5 from history" LOL jesus.

I gave you the benefit or the doubt and responded constructively on your thread that was locked, so go ahead and read that response cause I'm not gonna repeat it. But now you're just acting immature by constantly posting on every thread you can about this.
He isn't saying he has a problem with people who prefer halo 1-3, just the people who want halo 4 and 5 erased. I agree, the people talking about how they want halo 4 and 5 erased are a big part of why the halo community has a bad reputation. Just because you dont like a games story direction does not mean it should be erased. Yes halo infinite is a spiritual reboot, but they have said several times that it still continues halo 5s story. If 343 ever decided to scrap halo 4 and halo 5s stories, they may please a small group of fanboys but they would lose nearly the entire halo community. If you fanboys want remastered classic halo just play mcc and chill.
No in many of these threads people mention the covenant being in halo infinite as if halo 4 and 5 never existed
I could just as easily say that people were mentioning the Covenant in Halo 4 as if Halo 3 never existed. Its ridiculous. Using the term "Covenant" as shorthand for "species that used to make up the Covenant" is not the same thing as asking for the return of the actual Covenant organization(which one BTW?). You are getting yourself worked up over folks that exist in your own head.
Based off some stuff we've seen from places like the New York toy fair, it's very possible that we would see the Banished AND Covenant since we saw a H4 grunt wearing H3 armor as well as we saw an Elite in a new General armor design that mixed Reach and 4's designs. I wouldn't say those guys belong in the Banished due to their armor designs are just very different from what we've seen so far. Also Jackals are coming back and the Jackals aren't in the Banished last time I saw
Most people use the term Covenant to convey the notion of an alien faction formed of multiple species, almost always Cortana's soldiers, but they don't actually mean THE covenant. We've seen the same thing with Locusts on Gears after all...

So yeah, technically they're using a wrong term, however you're the one splitting hairs here mate. When going through those comments you're referring here, try to read between the lines! Maybe you'll find out what they are actually saying. I still have to find someone that want the literal Covenant back! :P
I'm assuming you didn't understand my post. People know that the "Covenant" are gone. They just refer to any elites, brutes, grunts, etc, as Covenant. Yet again, it's wrong but it makes sense.
h5 cannot be forgotten, halo 5 had a bad story, but that doesn't mean that the next games don't have a good story
Looks like the banished will be the new "covenant". And we will have the swords I would say.
kjbart wrote:
kjbart wrote:

He isn't saying he has a problem with people who prefer halo 1-3, just the people who want halo 4 and 5 erased. I agree, the people talking about how they want halo 4 and 5 erased are a big part of why the halo community has a bad reputation. Just because you dont like a games story direction does not mean it should be erased. Yes halo infinite is a spiritual reboot, but they have said several times that it still continues halo 5s story. If 343 ever decided to scrap halo 4 and halo 5s stories, they may please a small group of fanboys but they would lose nearly the entire halo community. If you fanboys want remastered classic halo just play mcc and chill.
LOL ok this is clearly the same guy using 2 different accounts so this is the last time I'll be baited into responding. I've barely seen anyone ask for H5's story to be "erased," obviously that's not going to happen, but are we not allowed to request a better written story than what we got? Can we not ask that they take what happened in H5 and improve upon it?

I couldn't help but laugh when you said "If 343 ever decided to scrap halo 4 and halo 5s stories, they may please a small group of fanboys but they would lose nearly the entire halo community." Do you have any idea how biased and delusional you sound? You have this completely backwards. It has been well known that the majority of Halo fans hated H4's multiplayer and H5's story, and some aspects of the multiplayer. The fact that you think that the majority of the community prefers 4 and 5 over the older games clearly shows that you have done no research into this, and are basing your arguments on completely biased opinions and are not open to hearing anything else. So on that note, I am done.
The covenant as a faction I don't believe will be in halo Infinite however I could see the Banished as a big faction UNSC and Swords of Sanghelios with the Arbiter however I'm sure we will still see jackals, Elites, grunts, hunters and possibly buggers and I bet there will definitely be flood. It should be interesting what we see once we can play