Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

CrossPlatform Play, New Warzone Mode,Map Variety

OP MagnusFarseeR

Halo 6 will be live anywhere so PC and Console players will play together. The issue is anyone who has played FPS with mouse/keyboard and is good/lots of experience with PC FPS (like me, I only got xbox one for Halo 5) will have an advantage. What will be done to mediate this issue? I think they should allow Console players to have mouse/keyboard to play with PC players. Xbox Two/Project Scarlett might even have steam support (since xbox one games are on steam now) so it could be something you can do PC gaming with. I don't think PC players should be allowed to play online with a controller (it would divide the multiplayer population too much if they are). Console players only should have the option to play online with controller or with PC, when you go into multiplayer, every Console player will have the option to play with PC people if they have mouse/keyboad hooked up.

Since they are not doing a battle royal, they need to have a huge new Warzone game mode. I suggest a big game mode than is at least 100 vs 100 with no PVE elements like Warzone is PVEPVP.

I liked Halo 5 4vs4 maps but it seemed like most of the maps revolved around a central point. It also seemed like the aesthetic setting was often in some base/complex, while this isn't a problem, the maps looked nice, more variety would be better. I don't wanna see 5+ maps that are in some military base/industrial complex like we saw in Halo 5. They also need more variety with layouts, many Halo 5 maps revolved around a central point and you could run around the sides, while I like this layout, it was still over used.
Halo 6 will be live anywhere so PC and Console players will play together.
By way of clarification crossplay has not been confirmed between Xbox and PC. If there ends up being no crossplay I don't see a point in adding KB&M support to.the Xbox version.
Base on input devices but not platforms, and disable 21:9 in PvP. Better aim assist for controller players.
By way of clarification crossplay has not been confirmed between Xbox and PC. If there ends up being no crossplay I don't see a point in adding KB&M support to.the Xbox version.
I agree. It has not been confirmed. However, I would expect it to be optional if it does happen. Like Gears 5, we have options with who we play with, I think Halo Infinite will be similar. Telling gamers how to play does not do well imo. Choices are better.
PC and Xbox should both have M&KB options. And xbox should have the option to play with or without PC players. I wouldnt mind but some people think MKB gives a huge advantage and it is advantageous to an extent but I feel I could hold my ground to anyone with MKB with my controller. PC players should automatically be thrown in with console players if they play with a controller. Have the option to keep them separate with MKB. Custom games should allow pretty much everyone tho
For cross play, Campaign should definitely have. Multiplayer, it should be mixed if there is someone in your group playing on PC. For competitive MP, it should be exclusive towards your platform.
The point is the likely vast majority of PC players are not gonna wanna play with a controller. Even with the Controllers auto aim, the advantage of a mouse for aiming is still more accurate and precise, especially if you are a veteran FPS player on PC like me.

Perhaps they could have a controller vs mouse playlist for experimentation.
For cross play, Campaign should definitely have. Multiplayer, it should be mixed if there is someone in your group playing on PC. For competitive MP, it should be exclusive towards your platform.
No, this divides the population. Allowing PC players to play multiplayer with a controller would also divide the population, the option for mouse and keyboard should only be on consoles, this will ensure PC players have a large population because many Console FPS games that have had a strong console presence (COD and Battlefront) , have always lagged behind in player numbers when it comes to PC. Just look at the original battlefront, it is practically dead on PC now while console versions both have 400-1500 people online 24/7

http://swbstats.com/I don't care if it is Ranked or a Social Playlist, social playlists can still have a competitive atmosphere so both platforms should not be mixed. There should be 1 playlist that is mouse vs keyboard for experimentation and that's it, I doubt the controllers auto aim is enough to combat the precision of the mouse, any moderately good FPS PC player would beat most controller players.
Unless 343 can get some good counter to Modders than no.

I also find KB&M to be highly overrated. You can turn around much faster with a analog stick.
Enable everything for social playlists (including co-op modes) and allow players to filter out what/who they don’t want to play with, then make ranked playlists strictly single platform.
X19Doug95 wrote:

I also find KB&M to be highly overrated. You can turn around much faster with a analog stick.
I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with that.
omarlotrc wrote:
X19Doug95 wrote:

Why you think that?
Don't worry, it will probably give us an option to enable or disable cross play so you basically get a choice if you want cross play
X19Doug95 wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
X19Doug95 wrote:

Why you think that?
Because you have more advanced sensitivity options with M&KB. I was picked for the Firefight test not long ago, and I was able to turn around much faster with a mouse than I could with a controller.
omarlotrc wrote:
X19Doug95 wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
X19Doug95 wrote:

Why you think that?
Because you have more advanced sensitivity options with M&KB. I was picked for the Firefight test not long ago, and I was able to turn around much faster with a mouse than I could with a controller.
What setting was it set
X19Doug95 wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
X19Doug95 wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
X19Doug95 wrote:

Why you think that?
What setting was it set
The values are different on PC, but it was set wicked high--certainly higher than '10' on Xbox. You could also change your vehicle look sensitivity.
omarlotrc wrote:
X19Doug95 wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
X19Doug95 wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
X19Doug95 wrote:

Why you think that?
What setting was it set
The values are different on PC, but it was set wicked high--certainly higher than '10' on Xbox. You could also change your vehicle look sensitivity.
Huh neat.
I like the playlist idea.

At the very least an option in custom games? It would be nice to play online with my brother who just has a PC, but idk if I want to get skunked all the time.
i think there should be an option to have crossplay on or off, and i wouldn't mind seeing reg warzone go and only warzone assault staying