Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Crossplay. A worrying issue.

OP DerivedHail9795

So Halo exists because of Xbox.

The number one worst thing a competitive game can do, is make it cross play.
And no doubt, almost everyone who plays this will be playing competitively.
Already Pc has significantly more capabilities than console, making it unfair.
But I read in an article that it very much seems like all competitions and tournaments ect will be crossplay.
WHAT!?
Who made that choice? Did this person stop to think about their choice?
Almost every game now days is cross platform. Doing this, will kill console.
You will kill your own franchise and the console industry.
I recently played Splitgate, pretty much a Halo ripoff.
I would beat everyone I played against. Only one person out of hundreds that I played against on console beat me.
However, many Pc players would beat me, and they all seemed to hit more or less perfectly and sometimes knew exactly where you were.
I looked up PC Splitgate cheats and hacks and watched a couple videos.
The behaviours I saw, I instantly recognised. The Pc gamers who were beating me, were acting virtually the same as the people in the videos of hacking.
This is Halo, this is a very competitive game. Pc gamers everywhere will be using cheats and hacks.
It seems like your mind is already made up, so do us some justice and have an option to turn off crossplay if we want to.
The entire reason I play Console is because when I beat everyone, getting scores of 55 and 0, nobody could call me a cheat, they knew I was legit.
The only person who beat me was a pro gamer called Ogre 1, and it wasn't a fair match and I also only play casual.
Making everything crossplay, will now just be literal hell. All competitive aspects will be gone. If you manage to do well, nobody will believe you. In every match there will be someone who will win because they are using cheats, welcome to crossplay.
Seems like the world really is coming to an end. The death of Halo, the death of the console and everyone cheating and not even actually gaming anymore.
as someone who has played Halo on console for 8 years and PC for 2, yea, it's definitely not fair. a lot of weapons in this game are balanced around their level of aim assist. on PC aim assist isn't a factor and you can hit noscope sniper headshots just as easily as you can hit a pistol headshot.
One of the best things about console gaming is everyone is playing the same game and doesn't have to deal with those weirdos who spend $1000s on a setup to have an advantage over everyone else.

I think it also makes esports more meaningful because when my cousin showed me Halo 3 esports, I could resonate with the fact that the players are pros at the same game I play, and they were pros because of their skill alone, no $2000 setups giving them an edge.
There's already a system-level setting which disables cross-play altogether.
Halo: Infinite runs 60-120fps on an Xbox Series-console so it can definitely meet PC-players' specs, and definitely will outdo many PC's. You can connect a mouse and a keyboard to your console, or you can play with a controller. The multiplayer is input based. So even if you play on PC you can matchmake with console players when you use a controller. I see this as a positive, not a negative. Crossplay done right.
Think there will be an option to deactivate crossplay
Thankfully ranked is input locked from what I heard, not sure if its still cross platform since that would still pose problems. PC players could still run cheats with a controller or use cheats that let you use mnk while tricking the game into thinking you have a controller.

Esports is probably going to be exclusive to those who've already established themselves with orgs. I can't imagine normal people getting recognized if there's cheaters in the game, or if they're gaming on an inferior platform like Xbox one. Even on a series X a high end PC would still have more advantages not mentioning mnk.

Cross play esports is another questionable decision they've made, just like excluding forge and Co op.
They are allowing any form of input for tournament level. This is a total win as you will see the very best players rise up to the top.

Having more players and more eyes on the game is a good thing. There will no doubt be top players on both input types as with Fortnite. If one is "easier" than the other then most will be using that one, some still won't. It's a great thing for Halo.
Ken2379 wrote:
They are allowing any form of input for tournament level. This is a total win as you will see the very best players rise up to the top.

Having more players and more eyes on the game is a good thing. There will no doubt be top players on both input types as with Fortnite. If one is "easier" than the other then most will be using that one, some still won't. It's a great thing for Halo.
I want everyone to access tournaments. But having crossplay tournaments?
They essentially said "Screw you console players, migrate to pc now"

They can still get good exposure without forcing everyone to play together.

The main point I was trying to make is that these days there is not much honour among PC gamers.
A disgustingly large amount of them cheat. Even just one person per match cheating, will already ruin everything, and I expect that there will be more than one per match cheating.
Ken2379 wrote:

The main point I was trying to make is that these days there is not much honour among PC gamers.
A disgustingly large amount of them cheat. Even just one person per match cheating, will already ruin everything, and I expect that there will be more than one per match cheating.
By having console only and PC only input tournaments you will split the viewership, not really ideal.

There will definitely not be 1 per match, it will be an extremely small %. Even then I assume the game will allow you to disable crossplay. Slightly longer matchmaking time, but nothing significant.
Think there will be an option to deactivate crossplay
I hope so. I can't change the way corporations want to be greedy and care about nothing but money, but so long as there is cross play disable mode, I'll be playing the game.
Ken2379 wrote:
Ken2379 wrote:

By having console only and PC only input tournaments you will split the viewership, not really ideal.

There will definitely not be 1 per match, it will be an extremely small %. Even then I assume the game will allow you to disable crossplay. Slightly longer matchmaking time, but nothing significant.
I think the viewership would increase, as you would have people wanting to watch individual platform tournaments and gameplay. Pc people watching pc and console and console watching pc and console. Possibly 2x the viewing.

They don't need double the tournament money, just divide it between the two platform tournaments.

On Splitgate, it appears like many people cheat. Every match of only 4v4 and there is atleast one person cheating.

So on what will likely be one of the worlds biggest games where the aim is to won and impress, many people will cheat.

Yes, I hope they allow disabled crossplay.

Tournaments seem to be online these days. How would someone even know if the winners cheat or not?
Articles say that gaming sports are some of the most rigged betting sports in the world.
Why take a $10,000 pay check and play properly when you could rig it and earn $500,000 through betting.

I think the industry is in on it and it's highly rigged.
It's business after all.
Ken2379 wrote:
Ken2379 wrote:
I think the viewership would increase, as you would have people wanting to watch individual platform tournaments and gameplay. Pc people watching pc and console and console watching pc and console. Possibly 2x the viewing.

They don't need double the tournament money, just divide it between the two platform tournaments.

On Splitgate, it appears like many people cheat. Every match of only 4v4 and there is atleast one person cheating.

So on what will likely be one of the worlds biggest games where the aim is to won and impress, many people will cheat.

Yes, I hope they allow disabled crossplay.

Tournaments seem to be online these days. How would someone even know if the winners cheat or not?
Articles say that gaming sports are some of the most rigged betting sports in the world.
Why take a $10,000 pay check and play properly when you could rig it and earn $500,000 through betting.

I think the industry is in on it and it's highly rigged.
It's business after all.
Splitting viewership is a big no no in this industry. You want as many eyes on single tournaments at once. Not to mention they are trying to brand the teams now so you'd need twice as many branded and sponsored teams. It's not realistic and is just unecessary.

Halo eSports have already confirmed to be in person events. They have given us a bunch of info about them already. You will play on Xbox Series X in open bracket and PC for closed bracket. People could possibly still cheat in online tournaments, will it be frequent, absolutely not.

Splitgate comments are totally unfounded. I've played over 300 games of Splitgate, am one of the highest ranks in the game in all 3 playlists and I've not encountered anyone who I could say was cheating.
Just plug a MKB into your console if you want to be on equal footing.
I think it’s fine tbh. Just have strong enough aim assist on controller to counteract the advantages of using a mouse.