Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Crossplay In Halo Infinite

OP Ravens Bite

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Hello everyone! So yeah mostly what the title suggests. In my honest opinion I would love to have crossplay in Halo Infinite between PC and Xbox players. Not only would it bring a more healthy population to the game it will also allow players to play with their friends who may have moved on to PC or vice versa.

I would like 343i to handle crossplay almost exactly how Infinity Ward handled it in Modern Warfare. You can choose the option to disable crossplay between platforms and even when it is enabled the game will prioritize players who play on the same platform. Also playing with your buds co-op with crossplay would be amazing.

What do you all think of this idea?
This really needs to be crossplay.
Crossplay would be a godsend. The guys I've been playing with since Halo CE are all split up now, and it would be amazing to have the whole squad back together. You're always going to have people get salty about mixing mkb with controller, but you can't please everybody. Just give people the option to play in mixed games or not.
Hello everyone! So yeah mostly what the title suggests. In my honest opinion I would love to have crossplay in Halo Infinite between PC and Xbox players. Not only would it bring a more healthy population to the game it will also allow players to play with their friends who may have moved on to PC or vice versa.

I would like 343i to handle crossplay almost exactly how Infinity Ward handled it in Modern Warfare. You can choose the option to disable crossplay between platforms and even when it is enabled the game will prioritize players who play on the same platform. Also playing with your buds co-op with crossplay would be amazing.

It is great I think 343 industries should just make sure that player on series X play with pc player that have ssd to ensure that the loading time is the same. And player in Xbox one play with player on pc that have HDD. So no cross play between Xbox one and series X to ensure everyone play with the full capability that his or her console offers. Or they find the right balance to make it works on all platform smoothly that's why they need to start the beta early.

As long as the option to choose is across the board. You cannot play Ground War and Warzone without it enabled, that annoys a certain friend of mine who refuses to play against PC players, so he refuses to play those modes.
Yep would love that. That method of crossplay that Infinity Ward uses sounds great. I would also add another layer on to it; input method i.e. if it does search for PC players while you're on console it would first match you with controller users.
Definitely crossplay for non ranked modes. like BTB!

Guys after going back in time. I have come to the following conclusion even if 343 and Microsoft are still supporting halo and other games. The experience for players will never be the same on series X and high end pc than those on Xbox one. Why am I saying that take example on those games: Tonyhawk pro skater 3 on PS1 and PS2 or Battelfield 3 on Xbox 360 and Xbox one in both cases: the games look completely different from a generation to another graphically. So the idea is to offer a game to every audience depending on the capabilities of their respective hardware. The goal is to support the xbox one for those who invested on it in the past years 2019 & 2020 and to showcase the power of series X to those who bought the console by allowing them to experience the generation leap. So don't expect a cross play between Xbox one and series X. Cause Xbox will never hold back and fustrat new Series X owner by offering them similar experience as Xbox one owner just with higher graphics. Remember the difference in phisics in battelfield 3 on Xbox 360 and one yeah the same will apply to Xbox one and series X for halo infinite.
I'd like to see crossplay between the Xbox One and the Xbox series X more than PC and Project X.
I'd love the idea of crossplay but the Master Chief Collection doesn't have so what are the chances of Infinite having it? Halo Wars 2 is said to be easier to implement but I guess time will tell.
Crossplay ruins games, including Halo Wars. If your game is good you don't need it because you'll have a big population.
If crossplay is done right, then yes. Input device's need to match. It doesnt take too many matches against mouse and keyboard players to completely ruin your enjoyment if you're on console. Xbox Controller players vs PC Controller players is the only way I'll support crossplay for this game.

Also, field of view setting must be included in both console and PC versions. Dont do it like COD MW where console players are stuck with a pathetically small FOV, and PC players are able to adjust it to whatever they want.

I'm okay with crossplay as long as the playing field is even.
I'm all for crossplay! I certainly like the idea of having the option to turn crossplay on or off. That should help make everyone happy. In my opinion, the more people that play Halo the better! Also, many of my friends have moved onto PC so crossplay would be great for me! I want MCC and Halo Infinite to have crossplay! :)
I'm all for crossplay! I certainly like the idea of having the option to turn crossplay on or off. That should help make everyone happy. In my opinion, the more people that play Halo the better! Also, many of my friends have moved onto PC so crossplay would be great for me! I want MCC and Halo Infinite to have crossplay! :)
i bet most off the players are that not happy about cross play any more between concole's and pc.
if you read the news from cod modern warfase warzone mode then you are not happy any more that there have bann 70,000 accounts all from cheating in the game and thats sure all pc players there have bann all.

for halo infinite i agree for custom game's there can have crossplay between xbox and pc but for the other things in halo like campaing and matchmaking no crossplay.
Cross-play for forge, customs, campaign and firefight (it better be back and be like ODST) and make it option, enabled/disable for ranked and social. I think most people would be fine with this. If 343I make infinite cross play with Xbox and PC and there's no option to disable it, social media will blow up at them....HARD!

Most people I know who are console players don't want to play against PC players and vice versa. One reason being, it's far easier to cheat,mod etc a PC game then a console one. With them, sure, but not against.
As much as I would like crossplay to diversify the community, keep in mind that means they will have to monitor their multiplayer alot more thoroughly. PC is a breeding ground for modders and hackers to thrive in which could spell potential trouble for console players.
Needs to be and so does MCC. Halo infinite could have a better population if they did add this.
Ken Static wrote:
As much as I would like crossplay to diversify the community, keep in mind that means they will have to monitor their multiplayer alot more thoroughly. PC is a breeding ground for modders and hackers to thrive in which could spell potential trouble for console players.
the bigest reason why a lot off concole players never wane have crossplay with the pc is that you can use hacks super easy on pc then on concole's and thats why game's that are in making need to think hard from the risk's there wane take.
and cod modern warface WARZONE is a good exemple where 343 needs to take a good look at what you get if you use crossplay in a multiplayer mode and what you need to do then is like you have told all keep a really close eye on it and need to monitor it more then there usefull then there do it now.

for forge and custom game's is crossplay still a good thing.
but its more the multiplayer part like matchmaking and firefight where crossplay is not a good idea to use since its more there where most off the pc players are using hacks more to win a match easyer for the multiplayer part you need to keep it seperate from each other.
that only xbox concole players can play with each other in the multiplayer part and pc players can play with each other in the multiplayer part.
to keep most off the hackers out off the xbox concole lobby's what most off the concole players wane have.

and what also not have been mentioned is the reputation off halo game's that is also on the line with it.
Needs to be and so does MCC. Halo infinite could have a better population if they did add this.
sure crossplay is good for the population on that point we all agree on.
but the main question is still do you wane take a big risk with it.

i not know about you but shooter game's and crossplay not have the best reputation any more it has only more a bad reputation in the last couple off weeks and its only getting worse with it.
that you now can see good what you get when you add in a shooter game like cod or halo crossplay with pc players is that you get more and more hackers joining the concole lobby's.

and about MCC there is still no crossplay between xbox and pc players yet and the chance its coming is also becoming lower and lower that there will be a crossplay comming since the reason that crossplay between concole and pc not has a good reputation any more in the last few weeks and the chance that is a crossplay in halo infinite between xbox and pc is also not hot any more since its only give's the game a bad reputation more.
Spikanor wrote:
sure crossplay is good for the population on that point we all agree on.
but the main question is still do you wane take a big risk with it.

i not know about you but shooter game's and crossplay not have the best reputation any more it has only more a bad reputation in the last couple off weeks and its only getting worse with it.
that you now can see good what you get when you add in a shooter game like cod or halo crossplay with pc players is that you get more and more hackers joining the concole lobby's.

and about MCC there is still no crossplay between xbox and pc players yet and the chance its coming is also becoming lower and lower that there will be a crossplay comming since the reason that crossplay between concole and pc not has a good reputation any more in the last few weeks and the chance that is a crossplay in halo infinite between xbox and pc is also not hot any more since its only give's the game a bad reputation more.
I've had this argument before with ppl and hackers. Isn't there an anti-cheat thing?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3