Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

crunch time

OP IIIKatanaIII

I just read an article about the reason why 343i is taking there time with HI. They are saying they want to avoid crunch time or to at least minimize crunch time.
An absolutely fantastic decision in my opinion. Not only is that profitable for the game itself but also beneficial for the employees.
*Thumbs Up*
I agree 100 percent I think the crunch time could of been a factor in the launch of halo 5 without a lot of modes its nice that a developer like 343 is not rushing a game out like tons of other devs do one of the reasons why I still play Nintendo games cause they don't rush them I think this will benefit infinite in the long run
That’s very good to hear. Better to wait an extra year or whatever and get a finished product with everything polished. It’s rare to see a developer say they’ll take their time with their game. Although, as impatient fans, our natural reaction is to have 343i hurry things up haha.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I just read an article about the reason why 343i is taking there time with HI. They are saying they want to avoid crunch time or to at least minimize crunch time.
An absolutely fantastic decision in my opinion. Not only is that profitable for the game itself but also beneficial for the employees.
*Thumbs Up*
I also agree, the halo games are really big. It take a certain time to build and rushing the employees only bring negative effects, i do not mind at all to wait one or two more years
They also mentioned in that article that a lot of the crunch time was due to the game engine, hence why they created Slipspace. Even though slipspace is integrated into the current engine 0_o

If creating a "new" engine or tooling makes it easier for 343 to develop Infinite and future projects, and that means we have to wait some extra time. I'm 100% for it.
That’s good to hear. Let’s just hope they finally get this one right.